What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It is the roundtable batch and if you Google search bookers co7-b-7 you will find plenty of stuff about it.
No, C07-B-7 is not a roundtable pick, but it is a very good bourbon none-the-less. Though C07-B-7 was released in 2014, the roundtable pick for that year is 2014-6. Mr. Cowdery advised me on his blog that he was in fact mistaken when he said that C07-B-7 was the roundtable pick for 2014.

Had a great birthday trip to Kentucky. Small haul from Bourbon Heritage Center, Maker's, BT, P&M, and glassware from 4R. The wife really enjoyed self-dipping @ Maker's and the Select Stock is seriously good... enough so I considered driving back to Bardstown before we headed north. Maybe next time.

fl8uf99.jpg

Is the HHSS only a gift shop deal?

A few select groups/places have had barrel picks of it (this very website being one) but otherwise, and to the best of my knowledge, it is GS-only.

A one liter bottle of Weller 12 year for $30 from my favorite local shop. Didn't really need another bottle, but the owner called to let me know he had gotten some in and wanted to let me know since he knew I liked it. I'll make a sacrifice and get an extra bottle of Weller 12 year if I must just to stay in his good graces!

A one liter bottle of Weller 12 year for $30 from my favorite local shop. Didn't really need another bottle, but the owner called to let me know he had gotten some in and wanted to let me know since he knew I liked it. I'll make a sacrifice and get an extra bottle of Weller 12 year if I must just to stay in his good graces!

Classy move by the liquor store owner! And it's always good to have an extra Weller 12!

Just made a run to Benny's and spoke to one of the guys on this forum who just happened to be hanging out working while I was looking around. Picked up their hand picked Rendevous Rye, their hand picked 4 Roses, 2 bottles of Russel's reserve, a giant bottle of Buffalo Trace (for my guests) as well as a bottle of Mastersons 10yr Rye. Enjoying the mastersons now.

Happened to be just across the NY state border this past weekend and picked up a liter bottle of Weller Special Reserve for $25.99

On 11/30/2015, 11:24:00, Night Gallery said:
Paul W said:
It is the roundtable batch and if you Google search bookers co7-b-7 you will find plenty of stuff about it.

No, C07-B-7 is not a roundtable pick, but it is a very good bourbon none-the-less. Though C07-B-7 was released in 2014, the roundtable pick for that year is 2014-6. Mr. Cowdery advised me on his blog that he was in fact mistaken when he said that C07-B-7 was the roundtable pick for 2014.

Interesting.  Do you have a source on that you could point me to or is the only source a conversation you had with Chuck?   

Another 750ml of Weller Antique since they've been in good supply here recently.

A 750 ml of Rocktown Distillery Cask Strength which I believe was at 58.1%.

1 hour ago, Paul W said:

Interesting.  Do you have a source on that you could point me to or is the only source a conversation you had with Chuck?   

Turns out you are right.  I emailed Beam and got a response saying it's not a roundtable but was picked by Fred Noe.  Thanks for correcting my understanding on this.

Picked up a bottle of Jim Beam Choice, it's a good garage bourbon.  For $14 it will get the job done when it is needed and is a good mixer IMO

2 hours ago, Golzee said:

Picked up a bottle of Jim Beam Choice, it's a good garage bourbon.  For $14 it will get the job done when it is needed and is a good mixer IMO

Stock up on this. It's Discontinued. I'm a retailer and ended up buying everything my Distributor had. What state are you in?

57 minutes ago, beasled said:

It's been a good week. FRLESmB 15, Michter's 10yr SB, Stagg 15, WLW 15... no complaints here. 

Very nice pick ups. 

I am trying to hunt down a bottle of this year's W.L.W but it is not looking too good right now. 

1 hour ago, Swoboda said:

Booker's Oven Buster Batch #2015-04 - 127.0 Proof - on sale for $37.77 + tax . . . cheers.

Dayum!! I paid $57 and thought I got a good price. My last bottle of center cut I paid $62. Nice pickup! 

2 bottles of ECBP (128 proof). I know I overpaid, but I really wanted to try it. Can't wait to crack open a bottle. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.