What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, GAbiker said:

Took advantage of a rare day off work combined with nice weather and took my Harley out for a ride.   Picked up 8 200ml Evan Williams 1783 10 Year Olds with GA tax stamps.  Strange bottles, has Government Warning, but no UPC code.  Never seen that before.  

Tried to post pic but my 1.3 MB pic keeps poppin up Max 2 MB...

20151209_155933.jpg

Nice! Let us know how they taste! Perfect size for some saddle bags!

10 hours ago, dSculptor said:

Nice! Let us know how they taste! Perfect size for some saddle bags!

Will do.  Narrowed this down to '89 to '93.  Gov Warnings started in '89, GA quit using tax stamp in '93.

Bought my first 4R barrel select. Got a bottle of OESV. 9.5 years old and 114+ proof. Not too many stores around me that I know about participate in the 4R barrel select program so I was glad to find this one. 

16 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Bought my first 4R barrel select. Got a bottle of OESV. 9.5 years old and 114+ proof. Not too many stores around me that I know about participate in the 4R barrel select program so I was glad to find this one. 

Nice.  OESV is a good, solid recipe.  I have two different OESV's (seems to have been a popular recipe for private selections recently), and both are very nice.

As to my latest bourbon purchase, I just picked up a couple of handles of old-label OGD BIB.  Figured whatever the heck might happen with OGD BIB, change of bottles, change of quality, whatever might be the case, couldn't hurt to have plenty of the old standby in reserve.  The handles were $37.99 at a small independent store, had probably been sitting there for awhile, and were probably a bit overpriced at one time but are now actually a bit below the market price in my area.

1 hour ago, GAbiker said:

Will do.  Narrowed this down to '89 to '93.  Gov Warnings started in '89, GA quit using tax stamp in '93.

Would have thought it was from the 70's with that groovy "1783" on the label. 

47 minutes ago, meadeweber said:

Would have thought it was from the 70's with that groovy "1783" on the label. 

that's exactly what I thought when looking at the bottle too

CEHT Barrel Proof. (127)......first time it's been in my area.  If it languishes on the shelf I'll grab more.

7 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

that's exactly what I thought when looking at the bottle too

When I saw them I had the same thought.  However, Gov Warning ruled that out.  

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

It's Turkey season in Kentucky!  I even threw a rye in for good measure...:D

IMG_0259.JPG

Nice! A barrel select of RRSB came into the local TW recently and I enjoyed it enough to go back and buy a couple more. I went through it pretty fast. I've been digging the RR10 and the rye also. 

picked up a bottle of Bowman Brothers Small Batch to try out since I've heard good things about it here.

2 x Stagg Jr 132.2pf - $55 each

1 x RHF - $60

I overpaid on the RHF but dammit I'm a sucker for that stuff.

A local store started offering Four Roses Yellow Label in 1L bottles for $19.99.  Curiously, they had a few 1.75L bottles for $39.99.  Late afternoon and a little haggard, but eventually I figured out the value of two 1L over one of the 1.75L :mellow:

I just couldn't stay away from the Angel's Envy Cask Strength, today.  I had an earlier sample of it last month, which I did enjoy.  So, into my basket it went!  OGD BIB, as well.

We FINALLY got our barrel of OESK in (was supposed to be delivered before Thanksgiving).  It's a 9 year 11 month, cask strength that turned out to be 104.4.  Lower than I was expecting but during tasting was an amazing pour.   Had to buy a bottle as soon as it arrived.

Bought a few bottles of Michter's 10, Buffalo Trace Store Selection, EC12, HWMWD 3.1, EWSB 2003 Store Selection.  Happy Friday everyone!

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I just couldn't stay away from the Angel's Envy Cask Strength, today.  I had an earlier sample of it last month, which I did enjoy.  So, into my basket it went!  OGD BIB, as well.

Darn you Joe. Your'e going to write a great review of this one and make me want to go out and get it even though I was highly disappointed by last year's release.

On 12/10/2015, 11:42:46, RiverRat said:

CEHT Barrel Proof. (127)......first time it's been in my area.  If it languishes on the shelf I'll grab more.

Still hasn't hit the stores near me. Glad to hear it's trickling out to other markets. 

Edited by jackthedog
Spelling

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.