What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1792 Port Finish.  I really hadn't ever thought of picking this one up and even passed over it previously, but I've always liked the idea of a desert pour so this may fit that bill.

Edited by dcbt

1792 Sweet Wheat finally made its way to Washington State so I picked one up. Have already cracked it and will be trying it shortly.

Also grabbed another EC18 because I was able to get it for $108.

Lastly, saw the Hancock Presidential Reserve for the first time in a long time and bought it on Paddy's recommendation from the "Top 5 bourbon's" thread.

34 minutes ago, flahute said:

1792 Sweet Wheat finally made its way to Washington State so I picked one up. Have already cracked it and will be trying it shortly.

Also grabbed another EC18 because I was able to get it for $108.

Lastly, saw the Hancock Presidential Reserve for the first time in a long time and bought it on Paddy's recommendation from the "Top 5 bourbon's" thread.

I haven't see HPR in my area since I can remember when.  Would love to pick one up...

A couple of presents to myself...

Noah's Mill (batch 15-80) $51 ... trying it tonight and it's tasty :)

Stagg Jr (batch 4) $52

IMG_2288.jpg

Nice score yesterday.  BTAC came and went around here a month ago.  Walked into one of my favorite stores and the main man pulled out an ER17 for me - someone had returned it to exchange for something else.  Their loss, my gain.  And my brother-in-law scored a 4R PS OESV for me, my favorite recipe.  Merry Christmas to me.

Edited by Tony Santana
spelling

Went to a raffle for BTAC and others this morning. The store actually handled this really well as opposed to last year which was a free for all. This year there was a limited window of time in which to pick up a limited number of raffle tickets on Friday and the raffle was held at 7am Sunday morning. This limited turnout and only true bourbon enthusiasts were present. I missed out on the PVW20 and two ORVW10's as well as the WLW's and Staggs. I did come away with some nice consolation prizes: EHTBP, Elmer, and an OWA.

Picked up the BTEC " Old Fashioned Sour Mash - Entry Proof 125" yesterday.  I really enjoy the BTEC. This is 2 of 2, the 1 of 2 is a 105 entry proof.  May go back for that to try them side by side. 

Stopped into Kingsport, TN while on the road and snagged a bunch of bottles for the stash....

4R PS OBSK (B&B select)

Belle Meade Single Barrel

Blanton's (B&B Select)

BT (store select)

Charter 101

Broken Bell

OWA x2

EWSB 2004

EWSB 2001 (hiding way in the back of the shelf)

Rittenhouse Rye BIB

4 hours ago, silverc said:

Stopped into Kingsport, TN while on the road and snagged a bunch of bottles for the stash....

4R PS OBSK (B&B select)

Belle Meade Single Barrel

Blanton's (B&B Select)

BT (store select)

Charter 101

Broken Bell

OWA x2

EWSB 2004

Rittenhouse Rye BIB

Sounds like you may have been at B&B Package?

23 hours ago, silverc said:

Great score!!!  I dream of finding any EWSB 2003 and earlier - I always hunt the back of the shelf in any store that carries EWSB hoping for something like you found.

Edited by O'DubhGhaill

22 hours ago, O'DubhGhaill said:

Great score!!!  I dream of finding any EWSB 2003 and earlier - I always hunt the back of the shelf in any store that carries EWSB hoping for something like you found.

The earliest I had ever seen in the last year was 2004, so I was hoping to find a 2003 somewhere. Never expected to find 2001, so that was a nice surprise. You never know what you will stumble across at some of the smaller, more out-of-the-way shops.

I finally found a W. L. Weller 12 at a reasonable price.  $29.99 plus tax; I will probably wait to crack it open until I find a OWA, as I want to taste the brand step by step up the profile ladder.  I am doing the same with 4 Roses, the single barrel is next up.  This store must have just gotten their shipment from the distributor as they had a few Blantons, a lot of BT, and some other strange brands that I would not have thought this store would get.  The W12 was the only one on the shelf.  Anyways, I hope it lives up to the high praises.

Picked up a case of Knob Creek Single Barrel store selection for Mammoth Liquors in Cave City, Ky.  I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in the selection of this barrel and so far the initial tasting is outstanding.  This is a relatively new store located at the 53 exit off of I65 and is owned by Eric of Packages and More in Elizabethtown.  If you're traveling I65, this is an easy stop for some good selections.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.