What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finally got my FR 2015 LE.  This is kinda my tradition...I have the 2011, 13, 14 and 15. Need that 2012. A little more than I wanted to pay, but oh well.

Two bottles of FRSiB Barrel proof, both PS.  One is OESF, the other OESV

OESF: 55.7%, Warehouse AN, Barrel No. 14-2H

OESV: 55.9%, Warehouse RN, Barrel No. 57-2I

Came back from my trip out of state with:

1792 Ridgemont Reserve, 8yr, 1.75L x 2

Noah's Mill, batch 15-80, x1

Stagg jr, batch 4, x1

SOAS 7y x1

One one of the LS I stopped at had shelves full of Stagg jr. I've never scene that before.

A few months ago, I came across two 1.75's of the discontinued Old Heaven Hill Gold Label BIB for $25.  I bought one handle, and left the other.  Stopped back into this store this weekend, and the other handle was still there.  Figured what the heck, and picked up the other one as well.

Driving through Kentucky on my way to visit family in MI and picked up a few value pours I can't find in Atlanta: JW Dant, JTS Brown, HH 6 yr 90 proof, and VOB BIB. $45 for four bottles, can't beat that. My resoution for next year is to remind myself why I first started drinking bourbon in the first place — because nothing else comes close to the value. 

For some reason, this didn't post the other day (or I left the page before hitting "Submit Reply".  Yeah, that was it.)  SO, last THURS, MM Cask Strength 111.4 proof (batch 15-4; I liked 1 and 2 a lot, and they tasted a lot alike so this was low-risk), RR 10yr, and a "Bottled exclusively for . . ." CR Hand Selected Barrel even though sku says it may have a soapy note - I just have to see for myself.

Today (Mon), OGD bonded to replace the one I finished last night along with these impulse buys - all one sale ($3 to 5 off): handle of Larceny, plastic 750 of WT101 (for winter fishing), Bernheim with a label saying store pick (? I've done no research on this and didn't ask), and Pikesville Rye 110.

BTW, that CR HSB does have a soapy note and is sweeeeet.

Just purchased my first bottle of Eagle Rare 10.  Hope I like it as much as some here do.  Interesting bottle....

3 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Crown royal?

Yes.  Crown Royal Hand Selected Barrel, the later releases of the single barrel, 103 proof, unblended Gimli distillate that appeared first in Texas and that, the box says, is one of the 50 or so whiskies that go into the regular CR blend.

It sure is different.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
to mention Texas

Stopped at a place while out and about yesterday. They had one Stagg Jr Batch #4, and one OWA left on the shelf. Both came home with me.  ;)

Cheers! Joe

Found a bottle of EC18 at a store today. Well, I called and confirmed they had one bottle left. Problem was, I was on my way to a DR appointment in a different town.

Store policy was that they could not hold it. I made it through my appointment, then rushed through holiday traffic, and managed to snag it before anyone else did.

On 12/23/2015, 5:40:31, compliance said:

Found a bottle of Noah's Mill batch 15-18, so I took Bourbon Truth's advice and snatched it up.

Enjoying Noah's Mill batch 15-80...very nice pour.

A 4R Private Selection OESO (which now brings me to having all ten recipes) and two more OESK's (because I cracked the first bottle I purchased a couple days ago and immediately resolved myself to buy a couple more because it's so good.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.