What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, inf3st said:

Stock up on this. It's Discontinued. I'm a retailer and ended up buying everything my Distributor had. What state are you in?

I'm in IL, near Chicago, I have only ever seen Jim Beam Choice at one store.

Not a purchase, girl friend just returned from business trip to Tn and bought me GTS and SAOS SB 9yr

Not Bourbon, but saw this on the shelf and could not resist when I just went to my general drinks store for a new crate of beer. It's actually not bad I must say!

image.jpeg

Picked up gift boxes of 4R SB and SmB, 'cause you never know when your going to run into a friend in need! 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Ididn'tknowtheymadegiddyboxesthisfeature is broken.  can't quote posts!

Picked up gift boxes of 4R SB and SmB, 'cause you never know when your going to run into a friend in need! know didn't Iyey know didn't

59 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

To clarify, they are holiday specials.  This year the SmB has a flask in it, while the SB has a couple of rocks glasses.  It's a great deal, as they cost the same as the regular bottles! 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

To clarify, they are holiday specials.  This year the SmB has a flask in it, while the SB has a couple of rocks glasses.  It's a great deal, as they cost the same as the regular bottles! 

Almost picked up one of those SmB packs with the flask.

24 minutes ago, KJND said:

Finally, secured a pair of Batch #9 ECBP! 

Congrats!  I'm looking for it myself here in Middle Georgia!

The WN bug got me again. Since I have the previous years I couldn't resist at least one of the current 2015 Angel's Envy Cask Strength

56626dd101c40_AngelsEnvyCaskstrength2015.

Edited by tanstaafl2
Add photo!

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The WN bug got me again. Since I have the previous years I couldn't resist at least one of the current 2015 Angel's Envy Cask Strength.

I got burned by the port bomb that was last year's and am too scared to buy another. I'll be interested to hear the results of any side by side tasting you might engage in.

Grabbed another JDSBBP and A RR Rye.

Normally i keep Rittenhouse on hand for Manhattans and such, but after trying it recently, thought I'd give RR a go.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

I got burned by the port bomb that was last year's and am too scared to buy another. I'll be interested to hear the results of any side by side tasting you might engage in.

I confess I rather like port finished "bombs" as it were which is why I was inclined to give this one a try. I thought last years was pretty good as I recall (I would link to the Wednesday tasting post where we blind tasted all the previous AE cask strength bottles but unfortunately that appears to be a casualty of the new format) and so that was part of why I decided to pay the premium this one requires.

I will get to it as soon as I can!

19 hours ago, MDBourbon said:

Picked up a 1792 Port

I tried it today.  It is tasty.  I like it a lot better than the Sweet Wheat. 

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I confess I rather like port finished "bombs" as it were which is why I was inclined to give this one a try. I thought last years was pretty good as I recall (I would link to the Wednesday tasting post where we blind tasted all the previous AE cask strength bottles but unfortunately that appears to be a casualty of the new format) and so that was part of why I decided to pay the premium this one requires.

I will get to it as soon as I can!

I had a bit of it a couple weeks ago, and I thought it was quite good.  This was after several other pours , but I came away thinking it pretty well integrated from the port standpoint.  Big whiskey, though .  Definitely got my attention over the palate.

I made a trip last night to pick up a couple things I wanted to try and grabbed:

• Henry McKenna 10
  • Rittenhouse Rye
  • Old Weller Antique 107

Tonight, I was hoping to find a backup bottle of Stagg Jr. no. 4, which I did, but the store also had 2 bottles of Elmer T. Lee, so those came home with me too. More than I wanted to spend this week, but we haven't seen ETL around here in a long while.

6 hours ago, flahute said:

yup, this is exactly why I haven't even thought about AE lately.  last year's bottle is still sitting on my shelf mostly full because of the huge port bomb that I just can't get past now and at $150 for the AECS, it's quite the premium to pay.

I found some WT101 in what is a new label to me over in North KC and it found its way into my collection.

Passed on the MM with blue and gold wax. The bottles are supposed to be a kind of souvenir for the Royals winning the World Series.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.