What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Fall 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over the past couple days picked up a bottle of SAOS 7 year, another Baby Saz (was on sale for 21 and couldn't resist), and a store pick FR OESK 9y 11m

Pretty good excursion today:

Russell's Reserve 1998

Michter's 20 Year

Michter's 10 Year

ECBP Batch 9

AECS 2015

Plus a Handle of a Buffalo Trace store selected barrel.

(And a possible line on an EC18

Some hustle and the maintaining of a connection at an unlikely source resulted in an ORVW 10yr.

Picked up several bottles of Blanton's. I basically cleaned the store out. Also, grabbed some Stagg Jr. I may go back for the remaining bottles. 

Edited by Heashfus

Russel's Reserve SB X2.  Old Rip Van Winkle 10YO.  Benromach 10 YO.

Thanks to a fellow SBer for pointing me in the direction of the RR.  Had a quick sample on Wednesday and was blown away.  My first experience with RR.  Damn.  Contemplating a case...  The Pappy 10 YO fell into my lap.  Not MSRP, but well below secondary market prices.  Will probably regret the relative economics.  Could have had another 2.5 bottles of the RR.

Stopped into a store I'd never been to before and they had OWA on the shelf for $24.99. Already had an extra bottle at home but grabbed another. 

Finally scored a PVW20 at MSRP from a VABC store that I was on waiting list over 3 years. My lucky day as I have refused to pay secondary prices.  Guess my name made it to the top of the list.   My son and I will crack it when he comes to visit over Christmas.  Can't wait! 

image.jpeg

FR SmB LE 2015 - $91 - Couldn't believe my eyes. Sitting on the shelf with all the "normies" in a store I have visited 5 times over the past month.  I was told that an employee special ordered and decided it was too expensive so on the shelf it went. 

I think a 2011 bottle of Old Forester Signature. Can't find out when that particular label was used.

And a store pick Eagle Rare. 

Picked up a store pick Eagle Rare, store pick Blanton's as well as an Angels Envy Rye for the holidays.  

Edited by MIDirtyBastard

Well, I've had a great (read: expensive) week...

GTS '14

GTS '15

WLW '15

2x ETL

ETL Commemorative

SAOS 8 yr SB 

2x EC12

That'll be me for a while..

Been a good week for Weller. After stumbling upon W12 earlier this week for $29.99, I found OWA for $22.99 (Binnys Single Barrel) thanks to a tip from a fellow SBer.  Also grabbed a 1L JW Dant BIB, can't resist any BIB I have not tried.  I am done buying for awhile, I have too many bottles I need to drink, its gonna be a good Christmas.

Picked up a FR OESK store pick thanks to a heads up from a fellow SBer today. Happens to be the only recipe I didn't already have so an added bonus. Store also happened to have some of the Dickel 9yo single barrel that came out a while back which might make a nice comparison the Barrel Bourbon Batch 5 I acquired recently. Topped it all off with one of the last of a store pick OWA.

Might be it for 2015! OK, probably not but you never know... B)

Grabbed a bottle of 1792 Port Finish yesterday. I'm a big fan of port-finished whiskey, so I'm excited to give this a go.

OWA and ETL. The late season release must finally be upon us in Washington State. It keeps showing up in small numbers at various stores and I keep buying one every time I see them. Come January the shelves will be barren again. Probably before that actually.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.