What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall 2015

Tony Santana
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It was kind of hard to do, but I passed up ECBP, SAOS rye, CEHT BP, RHF and a few others that were intriguing. I've been reading the thread re flipping and noted the opinions of some that hoarding is essentially no different than flipping. I don't agree with that contention, but since I've got at least two bottles of each in the bunker, I took the altruistic view and left some for my fellow enthusiasts. Plus, I'm running out of room.

Passed on a few today, Four Roses regular SB for $54.99, a BT 1.75 for 46.99, and a few dusty WT 80 proof. Trying to cut down on buying unless I find a ridiculous good deal or happen upon a unicorn.

. . . . I've been reading the thread re flipping and noted the opinions of some that hoarding is essentially no different than flipping. I don't agree with that contention . . . .

Quite agree, flippers don't care if it's beanie babies or Bourbon, they're in it for the fast buck.

Laying in a good supply isn't hoarding though, just a display of good sense. Life is uncertain, buy the case.

Quite agree, flippers don't care if it's beanie babies or Bourbon, they're in it for the fast buck.

Laying in a good supply isn't hoarding though, just a display of good sense. Life is uncertain, buy the case.

Indeed. I stocked up on 4R PS barrels when I could get them $45-$55. That's going down as a smart move now that MSRP is $72.

Saw an OBSK in NJ for the first time in a long time, but the price was $69. Went from really excited to really bummed when I saw the price. I can still get 4R PS for $45 in certain stores.

Also passed on CEHT Rye for $80 and CEHT BP for $70.

Saw an OBSK in NJ for the first time in a long time, but the price was $69. Went from really excited to really bummed when I saw the price. I can still get 4R PS for $45 in certain stores.

Also passed on CEHT Rye for $80 and CEHT BP for $70.

I can tell you to expect FR Store Select prices to go up. i was at FR a few weeks ago picking out a couple of barrels and was told then price for each would be higher than the last one we bought. It's a sellers market when it comes to good bourbon.

That's unfortunate about the FRPS. I'd just be happy if they were more accessible by me. I'd also be happy if EHTBP finally hits the shelves in my area.

I completely agree with squire and flahute. If you really like a product and it's available at a good price then buy what you can.

We are not just fighting availability. Inflation is a big issue also.

Indeed. I stocked up on 4R PS barrels when I could get them $45-$55. That's going down as a smart move now that MSRP is $72.

Passed on the current PHC at a couple of stores for around $99. The odds of an 8-year barley and corn whiskey being worth a hundred bucks to me are extremely low.

I'd also be happy if EHTBP finally hits the shelves in my area.

You and me both.

Wow...just realized your username. My dog's name is Jack. I just looked over at him to make sure he wasn't posting on SB. :skep:

You and me both.

Wow...just realized your username. My dog's name is Jack. I just looked over at him to make sure he wasn't posting on SB. :skep:

LOL. Do you monitor fill levels on your opened bottles? :grin:

Passed on ETL @ $39.99. Have enough in the bunker. Store had 3 bottles on the shelf.

Damn, is it possible to have enough!?

I have a few and I'd still snatch those up.

Damn, is it possible to have enough!?

I have a few and I'd still snatch those up.

LOL. I have 4 bottles in my bunker (one being a store select) so I think I have enough. :grin:

I just wish I could be there when that poor soul goes to buy some more ETL and sees the price and scratches his head ("wait a minute, I paid $60 for my other bottle a few months back").

I have 6.5 bottles and I'd still buy em.

Yeah I feel bad for those who've paid ridiculous amounts for them. I've been lucky and $40 is the most I've paid.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.