What Beer Are You Drinking - FALL 2015

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Busy and productive week coming to a close, and relaxing back with a Red Hare Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest. Not great, but solid.

after some leftover spicy thai food, some New Holland Mad Hatter India Pale Ale is hitting the spot.

Paulaner was my favorite of the bunch last year, but I haven't had this year's batch. This year I've had Sam Adams, Erdinger, and Hofbrau, and Erdinger is easily my favorite.

Thanks drunk, I will keep an eye out for Erdinger. You need to revisit Hobrau, get the mini keg and pour a glass out of the biggest mug you have...preferably over 40oz.

Had some Zombie Dust and Permanent Funeral last night. Should say had too much of both. Feeling a little rough this morning. Thank goodness for coffee.

Had some Zombie Dust and Permanent Funeral last night. Should say had too much of both. Feeling a little rough this morning. Thank goodness for coffee.

That Permanent Funeral is a doozy.

Not really beer, but I snagged a 12 pack of seasonal (variety of 4 expressions) Angry Orchard offering.

To make room for it in the drink fridge, damned if I didn't have to drink a six pack of the standard this afternoon.

Thank God, I did have the good sense to start early and pace myself (so I could drink bourbon in the evening). :grin:

I got a carton of Founder's Porter. It is the best tasting porter I have ever had. The flavor reminds me of molasses. Also, at 6.5% alcohol, they could have called it a stout.

Tim

At our annual block party we shared some nice Boulevard Smokestack Series brews: Rye on Rye 2014 & 2015 and a 2013 Imperial Stout which won the evening.

At our annual block party we shared some nice Boulevard Smokestack Series brews: Rye on Rye 2014 & 2015 and a 2013 Imperial Stout which won the evening.

Rye on Rye 2015 is out? That's good news!

Rye on Rye 2015 is out? That's good news!

Yes . . . it hit the Kansas City area three weeks ago and is still available in many stores (750ml bottles) and on tap. One of my favorites.

Just one beer before I sit down to wrap up some details of a presentation I'm giving Thursday, so decided to go a little bigger than recent normal Octoberfest brews. Going with a Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard. What a great creamy mouthfeel, without being cloyingly sweet. Perfect, right now.

Bought some Rahr Oktoberfest and Martin House Gateway Blonde yesterday. Local brews. Pleasantly surprised at the Tom Thumb beer selection.

"Lunch" from the Maine Beer Company - This is a great IPA, just a little over two weeks since it was bottled.

I got a carton of Founder's Porter. It is the best tasting porter I have ever had. The flavor reminds me of molasses. Also, at 6.5% alcohol, they could have called it a stout.

Tim

"Lunch" from the Maine Beer Company - This is a great IPA, just a little over two weeks since it was bottled.

North Coast Brewing's Brother Thelonious Belgian style abbey ale. I'm partial to Belgian styles wherever made.

North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, what can I say, our local distributor now has the North Coast line.

I had a bottle of Founders Harvest Ale tonight. Bottled on October 1. I love the first bottle of Harvest Ale every fall.

Had an Argus Holsteinger lager which is a marzen style beer. I don't know why they just don't call it an Oktoberfest, tis the season after all. Maybe it will be around all year. It is a Chicago brewery and I highly recommend it. Definitely of my recent favorites.

Yazoo Brewing Gest Amber which is an altbier style. I suppose they could call this Octoberfest as well but there are so many of those on the shelves already.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.