What Beer Are You Drinking - FALL 2015

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Kolsch from Schlafly in St. Louis. To their credit the bottling date of 9/3/15 is clearly marked along with the advise "For best flavor, kept refrigerated" which of course they almost never are until after we buy them.

Also good after a day in the river (fly fishing) or pushing the lawn mower. Cool front passing by us tomorrow, so I may have an Obsidian Stout after work. :grin:

I recently polished off a 6 pack of Obsidian Stout. Just phenomenal stuff. The Guinness Extra Stout that I had immediately after it tasted like dirt compared to it.

I recently polished off a 6 pack of Obsidian Stout. Just phenomenal stuff. The Guinness Extra Stout that I had immediately after it tasted like dirt compared to it.

Deschutes brewery does a nice job with all my the brews I have had. North Coast's Old Rasputin Russian stout is another good one if you're looking. :cool:

Our local North Coast rep views Old Rasputin as the pick of the line for quality, price and availability. He doesn't share my fondness for Belgians but his is an informed opinion.

Gettin' bitch slapped by a Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA. Yowza.

Last night two friends and I went through the following brews . . .

North Coast Brother Thelonious Belgian Amber Ale (solid, toasty and tasty)

Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale (complex and lively)

Boulevard Snow & Tell Oak Aged Scotch Ale (mellow)

Boulevard Collaboration No. 5 Tropical Pale Ale (delicious)

Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad 2015 (spectacular...will buy more immediately!)

Cheers . . . Wally

North Coast Brother T is a favorite around my place. No, it's not made in Belgium, but it's definitely a close relative.

North Coast Brother T is a favorite around my place. No, it's not made in Belgium, but it's definitely a close relative.

Yah . . . should have written, "Belgian Style Amber Ale" . . . cheers!

Finishing up some office work with a Hofbrau Dunkel. Nice malty beer with a caramelyness. Perfect drinking weight.

Finishing up some office work with a Hofbrau Dunkel. Nice malty beer with a caramelyness. Perfect drinking weight.

I didn't know HB imported beer to the US. I was in Germany this summer and would love to get my hands on some German brews like Augustiner Helles and Paulaner DunkelWeiss. HB Dunkel is a good one too though. Sadly I'm pretty sure Augustiner Helles cannot be had in the US, I think they only export the Edelstoff

On the road again. Drinking a Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald courtesy of my boss. I don't think I've had a better porter, well-balanced, full body and very tasty.

On the road again. Drinking a Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald courtesy of my boss. I don't think I've had a better porter, well-balanced, full body and very tasty.

Probably, my favorite brewery, Doug. They make so many great beers.

SweetWater IPA.

E, I'll trade ya' breweries! You get SweetWater, I'll take Great Lakes! :lol:

E, I'll trade ya' breweries! You get SweetWater, I'll take Great Lakes! :lol:

No way! I love Great Lakes. The SweetWater is ok, but I'll take Great Lakes over them any day. Have you had the Nosferatu Ale?

No way! I love Great Lakes. The SweetWater is ok, but I'll take Great Lakes over them any day. Have you had the Nosferatu Ale?

I wouldn't make that trade either, brother! :lol: SweetWater has a good lineup, but GLB trumps them across the board IMO. My issue with SW is that their regular lineup is so limited. They do a lot of one- offs and series, but it's hit and miss on finding them. I get my GLB fix from friends in your area, and when I travel into other states that it's distributed in. Longing for day it makes it way to Georgia.

Yalobusha Brewing Co. River Ale from Water Valley, MS. 4.82 ABV and 48 IBU, fairly standard rendition of an APA. Main attraction is it's made locally.

I'm just a flurry of activity gettin' things ready for Thanksgiving, tomorrow. Keepin' cool with a Fat Tire.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.