What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2015-16 edition.

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Figured I'd start the new thread since it's officially winter (despite being 75 degrees).  Picked up an EC18 today and yet another 1792 Port Finish.

14 minutes ago, dcbt said:

Figured I'd start the new thread since it's officially winter (despite being 75 degrees).  Picked up an EC18 today and yet another 1792 Port Finish.

Just bought my wife a bottle of Blanton's Single Barrel for a Christmas present (she keeps drinking mine!):lol:

awesome pick ups!  haven't seen EC18 around these parts yet...  went to find HWMWND, but looks like I passed on it too many times.  so I settled for a store select SAOS10 BP.

In the last couple days:

Jack Daniels Barrel Proof

Bookers eyeglasses release

2 bottles of Old Weller Antique

Local independent shop held a raffle for BTAC, 4RLE, OFBB, and Pappy. Tickets were obtained by donating a can of food and a toy that went to charity. A pretty good cause. I joked with my wife that if either of us were to win, it would be for the OFBB since that's the one I already have. Sure enough, my wife won....the OFBB. It's all good since I really like it this year. (Was really hoping for the 4RLE).

Headed to Binny's while visiting the in laws, picked up an AECS and a Pikesville Rye.  Not available / easy to find back home in Michigan. Merry Christmas!

Picked up an extra 1 liter bottle of WL Weller 12 year from my favorite local shop. Have a couple in the bin already, but the time to buy this and OWA is when you see it because once it's gone it's hard telling when you'll see it available again!

14 minutes ago, MOwhisky4me said:

Picked up an extra 1 liter bottle of WL Weller 12 year from my favorite local shop. Have a couple in the bin already, but the time to buy this and OWA is when you see it because once it's gone it's hard telling when you'll see it available again!

Geesh - I'd LOVE to find some OWA or WLW12 around here in Middle Georgia! (I have yet to see it anywhere). We've got's lots of ETL though!

Edited by starhopper

8 minutes ago, starhopper said:

Geesh - I'd LOVE to find some OWA or WLW12 around here in Middle Georgia! (I have yet to see it anywhere). We've got's lots of ETL though!

I didn't see any OWA or W12 around here for months... May through November it was nonexistent! Then a couple local shops got a case each of OWA so I was able to pick up a few bottles. And recently my favorite shop got a couple cases of Weller 12 year. One case of 750ml bottles and a case of the 1liter size. I figure I best stock up a bit because I might not see it again for 6-9 months or more! I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to grab a few bottles to enjoy!

On my way back from family vacation,  stopped by a small shop and found one bottle of OWA and snagged an old school labeled Ritt BIB. 

Finally found my bottle of HWMWND and very excited to try! Also snagged a shelf replacement WTKS & Breckenridge as well as a SAOS SB 

Edited by MIDirtyBastard

Picked up a Bookers 2015-6 "Noe Secret". I passed on all of the other 2015 Bookers batches this year except Center Cut, but saw nice reviews on Noe Secret.

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

EC 18

I too picked up an EC18.  Guess VABC released their allotment this week.  

On 12/22/2015, 2:55:00, dcbt said:

I liked the 1792 Sweet Wheat I picked up a couple of months ago enough that, today, I picked up a Port Finish; I'd have missed it if I hadn't seen your post.  Thanks. 

George Dickel 9 year/103 proof store select.  The last one on the shelf.   Not sure if I'll ever see it again

Early Christmas present to myself: Booker's. First ever Booker's for me and looking forward to doing a side-by-side-by-side with Knob Creek, Baker's, and Booker's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.