What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2015-16 edition.

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/27/2015, 10:27:59, SebastianLloyd said:

No Basil Hayden?

No BH for me - KC, Booker's, and Baker's all share the same mashbill, I want to compare/contrast the different ages, proofs, and profiles within the same mashbill.  I don't really care much for completing the "Small Batch Collection" though I do have an age-stated BH in the bunker.  If I'm going with the OGD mashbill, it'll be with OGD 114 and not BH.

I suppose it counts as a purchase although I haven't received them yet I did purchase two bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel from overseas - now the wait for delivery...

20 hours ago, GrPeMi said:

Decided to hop on the EWSB bandwagon and picked up an '05 and, surprisingly, an '04.

Having trouble believing that they're somehow getting the same profile with stuff that's 2 years younger than earlier vintages. So I guess it was a bit motivated by fear of missing out.

Have some other bottles to empty before one of these gets opened...

Got some 2002 EWSB. It was barreled 2-5-2002 and bottled 12-5-2011. 

I got an OF 1897 today for $29.99.   That's $20 bucks cheaper than retail anywhere's else. Also grabbed a Corner Creek which I hear is pretty good. 

Time will tell. 

Picked up an OGD114 for $20.97+tax.  It was a really lean day shopping in the ABC stores up in VA while visiting some family.  There were some SAOS7's that I thought about, but I can get it cheaper at home.  I did see a SAOS7 Rye that I almost bought, but they wanted $48 for it.  I'm not really a rye guy.  I just bought my first bottle of rye a few weeks ago, just for making proper Manhattans and Old Fashioneds.  I was really hoping to find something I haven't seen on the shelves in NC, but alas....it wasn't meant to be.

On 12/29/2015, 7:25:17, Hop said:

I suppose it counts as a purchase although I haven't received them yet I did purchase two bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel from overseas - now the wait for delivery...

If there's one thing I've learned about ordering spirits online in Europe, it's that you haven't bought it until it shows up at the door :)

I've had about three orders canceled due to lack of stock this month alone!

Best of luck though! That SFTB is an absolute gem.

Finally found a Pikesville and at a decent price (I think), $50. So it came home with me. 

Sorry, I now realize this should have been in the rye thread.  

Edited by meadeweber

Just re-upped on another Family Size Larceny.  Daddy has a little mouth to feed, and that little bugger is eatin' me out of house and home...:lol::lol::lol:

I've purchased none yet but I do have a conservative list:

Russell's Reserve - 10 Year Old 
Whistle Pig - Boss Hog Rye
Whistle Pig - 10 Year Old
Woodford Reserve - Double Oaked
Rittenhouse - Straight Rye Whiskey 100 Proof
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Elijah Craig - 12 Year Old
Bookers - Small Batch
Ridgemont Reserve - 1792 Barrel Select

Today I picked up two bottles of Wild Turkey 101. The labels were different so I thought it was the new design. I checked pictures online and it looks like they are actually from before the last label change. They have "Austin Nichols" above the Wild Turkey name. Is the product any different or is it the same?

1. On sale - Booker's #4 @ $50 and Bernheim on sale @ $23.  Not that I needed them.

I tried, I really did but after stopping in one store where I couldn't even find parking (Mrs. Hop drove around while I went in). It was crazy, didn't buy anything and avoided several other stores because of all the NYE shoppers. 

It it may take them a week or month to restock!

Is the product any different or is it the same?

Depends what you mean. Yes, it is technically the same product, but WT101 has been in a steady decline for over two decades. Even the profile from 5-6 years ago is very different than what is currently bottled. Which one you like is up to you though--do a blind side-by-side and find out.

a bottle of eh taylor bp 129... oh and a saos bp bourbon as well.  hadn't seen the bp bourbon in a while

Edited by altadoc

On Christmas eve, was out of town and stopping by every podunk ABC I could find. Walked into one and, well Hell-O there, three ECBP 139.8's staring me in the face at MSRP.  O happy day. One of the stores had a WT Master's Keep @ 149.99, passed on it- but it was curious that it was in a store that was only about 15 feet wide and 30 feet long, had only the 'basics' on the shelves, but there that sucker was.  Found a few 'older' EWSB's- 2003 and 2004 (over 10yrs old) on sale for 27.99, some 108.2pf WTRB's in 375ml- that's about all that was noteworthy. Many of the clerks found it strange that I would go in, look around and then not buy anything, but they were nice none the less.

Edited by DeltaAlphaVictorEasy

Not sure if it was a smart buy because it's pretty expensive at $150, but I saw on facebook that Lincoln Road package down in Hattiesburg had a Willett XCF that they found in the stockroom.. Being that those aren't likely to still be on the shelf a year after release, I decided to get my friend to go pick it up for me. It's certainly unique, but I guess only time will tell if it was a good buy. Any of you guys had a chance to try this stuff?

Picked up some Blanton's in 375's today because it's cheaper to buy that way than in 750's. Not complaining of course :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.