What bourbon are you enjoying? Winter 2015/16!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The snow may not yet be flying (for most of us anyway:lol:), but hey, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Since the weather here is still too warm to go full on with the rye's, I'm kicking off the with a nice two finger pour of Mr. W. L. Weller 12.   

What say ye? 

1792 Sweet Wheat seemed like a good idea.  It is.  My comments on the Pikesville Rye 110 will have to wait, what with my being the gofer over the next two days.

Celebrated my fathers birthday tonight. Enjoyed a 20 oz. ribeye and a nice pour of 15' GTS. What a great evening with family & friends!

8 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Celebrated my fathers birthday tonight. Enjoyed a 20 oz. ribeye and a nice pour of 15' GTS. What a great evening with family & friends!

Cherish that you can enjoy that with your dad. My dad was a t-totalizer who believed that if he didn't drink or smoke he'd live to be 90. He died never being able to share a drink with him at 68 almost 17 years ago. Best lesson he ever taught me.

Taste testing Old Forester Signature 100 proof. It's a nice drink and reasonably priced around here at about $28/750ml.

Oh boy, what a night.

A colleague and I have a tradition of going over to the bar across the street from the office on our last night before taking off for the holiday. I'm off starting tomorrow so tonight was our night. We decided to go big in celebration of the holiday and a good year and we went with PVW15. Upon coming home, I threw all caution to the wind since I'm not working tomorrow and enjoyed a healthy pour of '15 Birthday Bourbon followed by a healthy pour of '14 ORVW10, followed by a healthy pour of Booker's 25th. Whew! Taking the last pour reeeeeaaaaaal slow as I'm feeling it. It's a good night to kick off the holiday.

Enjoying some WTKS bottled in '02. This one is very dark and has a really nice kettle corn flavor. The only bad thing about this bottle is that the cork broke as I was trying to open it, but I'm sure it'll be just as tasty out of another bottle!

Putting a bunch of holes in my cult punch card tonight. A local store got in four Private Selection barrels and I picked up the OESK, OBSF, and OBSQ. I've sampled them all in order to determine what I want to go back for to stock up on.

The OESK is amazing. Getting some classic 4R flavors along with caramel and root beer. I'm also digging the OBSF quite a bit. OBSQ is good but on first taste is not living up to the other two. For good measure, I'm also sipping on some OBSV from a different source (PS bottle). It's a good night.

I dug deep, to the back of the whiskey shelf, and pulled out my Eagle Rare 17 year, bottled fall 2005. Good stuff.

A Christmas Eve morn pour of my W12/4RYL/WT101 flask vatting in the morning coffee. A splendid start to the day.

Been a while since I've been on here, but recently I've been sipping on some Party Source picked BT (actually finished it, and I'm mourning that because it was good), VOB 6 year, Wathens and Virgin 7 year.

Christmas Eve and I'm staying home, so the 1st round was an Ardberg 12 (needed some peat) and a GD single barrel, 2nd round is Willlett 2yr rye and 1792.  We'll have to wait to see if there is a 3rd round.

Not mixing these, just have two glasses going.

Edited by steeltown
can't spel

Waiting for the rest of the relatives.  I have some bondeds (and WT Rye101) ready for the newbies, an Armagnac ready for the scotch lover who hates Bourbon but loves brandies, and the 1792 Sweet Wheat open.

Starting the night with some OESK but as is tradition for me on Christmas Eve, I'll transition to the wheaters and tonight's lineup will consist of ORVW10, HHSS, and probably some WLW.

I started with larceny, then ec12 and ogd.

now I'm onto the ryes. Started with cr northern harvest rye. It is very nice. I have a bottle of double rye I'm about to open and compare to its older brother rendezvous. ..

Just poured some 4R PS OBSF from Cork's in Knoxville, TN. This is really nice. Nose is mild, a bit restrained, even, but the palate is good and the finish is phenomenal. I think it will open up nicely as time goes on.

• p_elliott locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!