What bourbon are you enjoying? Winter 2015/16!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Took a bottle of Blanton's with me to visit family for Christmas, drank said bottle while we were there... home now with a PS of BT that I got as a gift while we were there

Listening to the rain come down for the 2nd day in a row here in Mid-Missouri while I sip on some Old Weller Antique. Very nice warm feeling building inside to counter the cold and wet outside!!

FR PS OBSF.  10Y 5M.  63%.  While grilling in Scottish Moor-line conditions: 60 degree temps/heavy mist in late December.  Killed the bottle - replacement on line.  Followed by second to last pour of Forged Oak.  I won't replace it, but 3 ounces with two cubes made me appreciate the nuances of flavor.  I have been on a mission to clean out the the nearly-empties.  The Forged Oak is the last to go.

Kicking back with an SB HHSS#1 in a Whiskey Wedge that I received for Christmas.  Nice little gadget that's doing it's job nicely.  

image.jpg

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Kicking back with an SB HHSS#1 in a Whiskey Wedge that I received for Christmas.  Nice little gadget that's doing it's job nicely.  

image.jpg

Joe, do you prefer the HHSS chilled (as in that wedge) or at room temperature?

Tailgated this morning. Relaxed this afternoon. Watching some Game of Thrones and started with some Rittenhouse BIB and moved to McKenna BIB. Both with a single cube in the xmas gift from the family - a Yeti tumbler. It's a good night. 

PS - tasting leather, in a good way, in the McKenna. Don't remember tasting that so predominantly before. 

image.jpeg

Started with some Weller special reserve (sample I was sent) and now I'm drinking some of my OESK store pick.. great stuff

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

image.jpg

Nice pic Joe. Hope you had a great Christmas and have a great new year. 

Having some Stagg Jr 132.2 now, a good bourbon. 

Edited by LCWoody

Continuing the holiday cheer with some special pours: '15 GTS, and '12 WLW. Just fantastic. 

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Joe, do you prefer the HHSS chilled (as in that wedge) or at room temperature?

Ya know, I think that may be the first time I've had either of the HHSS's chilled.  I went with it in the new glass because I felt like going with something special to commemorate both the end of Christmas weekend and the thoughtfulness of this gift from my brother.  It did work well and hit the spot, but I would have to say that I prefer both releases of the HHSS served neat.  But, that doesn't diminish my thoughts on the glass.  I like it, and it will get a fair amount of usage, here.  Chilled bourbons have a regular spot on my rotation. 

Edited by smokinjoe
Spelling

Small pour of OGD114. Still an up and down for me with this Bourbon. Today I really enjoy its sweet chocolate brownie / ginger bread flavours on other days the spice kick / heat is just a little too over the top for me...

4 minutes ago, OldDrinker1978 said:

Small pour of OGD114. Still an up and down for me with this Bourbon. Today I really enjoy its sweet chocolate brownie / ginger bread flavours on other days the spice kick / heat is just a little too over the top for me...

Isn't it funny how our taste buds react differently on different days?

Edited by starhopper

Having a nice pour of GTS '14 as I replay how stupid I am for leaving 54 points on the bench in my Fantasy Football title game. 

Winter has finally hit here.  Spent about an hour dealing with snow eradication, needed a pour to warm me up when I came in.  I'm getting close to finishing a blend I put together - some OFBB '13, Barterhouse, a Willett 10 year and a dash of MM.  Really hits the spot.

50 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Florida ABC PS OBSQ and OESO, both sublime...

Oh yeah. Enjoying a local store pick OESK and OBSF here. Preceded those with an OWA107. Waiting on the result of MNF to decide on the next pour. If the outcome is favorable, I'll reward myself with some '15 GTS.

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

Oh yeah. Enjoying a local store pick OESK and OBSF here. Preceded those with an OWA107. Waiting on the result of MNF to decide on the next pour. If the outcome is favorable, I'll reward myself with some '15 GTS.

Sorry about that ending Steve.  Maybe more 4R can sooth the pain a little!

12 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Sorry about that ending Steve.  Maybe more 4R can sooth the pain a little!

Though the Bengals lost (bummer), I did win my fantasy football league for the second year in a row, so the Stagg is currently in my glass. 

12 hours ago, Tony Santana said:

Winter has finally hit here.  Spent about an hour dealing with snow eradication, needed a pour to warm me up when I came in.  I'm getting close to finishing a blend I put together - some OFBB '13, Barterhouse, a Willett 10 year and a dash of MM.  Really hits the spot.

How did that blend come about?  Just finishing off bottles?

22 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

...Chilled bourbons have a regular spot on my rotation. 

Is it that there are certain bourbons that you always drink chilled or is it certain times of the year or is it the mood that you are in?

4 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Is it that there are certain bourbons that you always drink chilled or is it certain times of the year or is it the mood that you are in?

I'm all over the place.  It just depends on my mood, and what if anything, I'm trying to get accomplished...:mellow:.  But, HH BIB 6yr is a year long staple out of the fridge.  

• p_elliott locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!