What bourbon are you enjoying? Winter 2015/16!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went to a fellow bourbon enthusiast's house for a Christmas Eve dinner.   Took a bottle of Paper Label  OWSR 7 YO, wasn't even touched.   Started out with some RHF with the gold chain, bottled in 1994.   Sublime...   Followed that with a Single Barrel SAOS 10+ YO we selected a few months ago for the Atlanta Bourbon Society (through World Beverage,Duluth GA.  Ended with a 30 YO Alberta Premium Rye.   All around GREAT night of incredible bottles.

JTS Brown BIB, not what I was expecting, but, it was very good.  Tasted like EW with a little more oak influence.  Not sure I will replace the bottle when it is gone, but, if anybody gives me a bottle for Christmas I wouldn't be upset.  Merrry Christmas and Happy Holidays brethren. 

The wife and I enjoyed half a bottle of the High West "A Midwinters Nights Dram" (HWMWND).  I had mine neat, she enjoyed hers with ice.  A very, merry drink indeed (and our FIRST taste of a Rye whiskey)

WLW '13 while making dinner, had an Irish coffee with Jameson with dessert.  Later went over to some friends' house and had a

some Bulleit rye on the rocks  So I guess I was all over the whiskey spectrum.

Edited by Tony Santana

We basically had our Xmas last night. My wife fixed a great dinner, the grandkids tore into their presents, and we played cards with my son and his wife. I'm now enjoying a quiet Xams morning. Xmas songs are streaming on my bluetooth, and I have a big mug of coffee, alongside of which is a Glencairn with a nice pour of Stagg Jr Batch #3. :) Thanks Santa. :D Ho! Ho! Ho! 

Cheers and Merry Xmas!  Joe

Just finished cleaning up - dishes, paper, cat toys, etc. - and settled in with a good-sized glass of  good old ordinary HH 80 proof Old Style gold label.  We can't get this here, and a niece/nephew combo of my wife's carried it from NYC just for me.  I slept with the bottle last night.

Sipping a '13 GTS with a splash of water.  It is getting to the point where the barrel char is showing up in my last few pours. Very tasty  I have one bottle left and it may be my last due to the insanity over limited releases. It is starting to get a little crazy.  I am reverting back to standard BIB's because of value and quality  

I just saw a EC12 for $30 at one of my locals. What the hell is going on?  I used to by it for years at $16 a bottle. I am a regular buyer at $23 still.   I better save up or cheapen my taste buds. 

A small pour of Wild Turkey 12 Year after lunch. I didn't have any alcohol in a week and man this tastes fantastic. The most oaky Bourbon I know. Tons of caramel too. 

Up north visiting family for the holidays, so celebrated Christmas Eve with some BT, WLW '15, and finishing with some OGD 114.  Even with some palate fatigue setting in at the end, OGD 114 just hits the spot!

4 hours ago, darylld911 said:

Up north visiting family for the holidays, so celebrated Christmas Eve with some BT, WLW '15, and finishing with some OGD 114.  Even with some palate fatigue setting in at the end, OGD 114 just hits the spot!

OGD is my go to bourbon for off palate days. It somehow still tastes good when others don't.

Enjoying some orvw10.

The family is relaxing today after a full week of get togethers.

I"m sipping on this bottle all evening!

I got a bottle of Eagle Rare as a Christmas present.  :D  I probably haven't had any of this in years.  People sure did sing its praises when it was BOTM recently.  It looks like I have a newer release without "single barrel" on the label.  I want to crack this when I won't be bothered, looking forward to it.

I'm sipping on the last of some CEHT Single Barrel that a friend gifted me. This stuff is nice, but I don't think it's worth the price it's now going for. Must be expensive to manufacture that cardboard tube.

2 hours ago, amg said:

I'm sipping on the last of some CEHT Single Barrel that a friend gifted me. This stuff is nice, but I don't think it's worth the price it's now going for. Must be expensive to manufacture that cardboard tube.

Enjoying some CEHT Barrel Proof myself...nice pour with a couple cubes of limestone ice...was it worth the money?  Probably not, but enjoying my drink anyways...

8 hours ago, flahute said:

OGD is my go to bourbon for off palate days. It somehow still tastes good when others don't.

Off palate days, on palate days, oh yeah.

19 minutes ago, squire said:

Off palate days, on palate days, oh yeah.

Haha! To be clear, I also enjoy it when the palate is performing as it should. But when it's not, I go right to the OGD.

2 hours ago, JvW said:

Enjoying some CEHT Barrel Proof myself...nice pour with a couple cubes of limestone ice...was it worth the money?  Probably not, but enjoying my drink anyways...

You and me both apparently. Started with this. I find it has a complex variety of flavors. I got it for $72. Pricey to be sure but enjoyable. After that, some Alberta rye dark batch and then some baby saz. 

Just made it home from celebrating Christmas with my family over the last few days.  Relaxing with the new edition Chuck Cowdery's Bourbon Country Reader (I'm a new subscriber), and the book "Bourbon Empire", Nat King Cole's Christmas album playing in the background.  I did three pours this evening:  Started with SB Blend, and ORVW.  

Finishing up the evening with Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 1998.

Happy Saturday all!

It was a Bourbon day. I started light in the afternoon with some BT followed by a pour of WR and EWSB 2003. I ended with pours of Blanton's Straight from the barrel and Stagg Jr Batch 3. Lovely!

• p_elliott locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!