What Bourbon did you pass up? Winter 2015/2016

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Swoboda said:

Costco had EHTSmB today for $36.99 . . . passed since we have some on hand.  First time I've seen EHT there.   I like the idea of them carrying a selection of BT products . . . they also had EHT Rye for $59.99.

Great Price on Rye

I passed a Stagg Jr batch 5 yesterday.  Also of note was a JD Sinatra, a plethora of Blanton's (new shipment had just hit the area), a new store pick KC (age stated @ 9 years) and a new store pick RRSB. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016‎ ‎3‎:‎07‎:‎13‎, Swoboda said:

Costco had EHTSmB today for $36.99 . . . passed since we have some on hand.  First time I've seen EHT there.   I like the idea of them carrying a selection of BT products . . . they also had EHT Rye for $59.99.

I have a love-hate relationship with Costco.  I love the store but the Indy area Costcos never carry anything like this.  They hardly have anything other than JD, MM, MM46 and Kirkland.  I would have purchased both of these if I saw them for this price at Costco.

I passed on EWSB 2007 for $29.99.  It was 8 years and 3 months old.

Edited by mbroo5880i

1 hour ago, bin31z said:

EC 18 for 179. First time I've seen it in stores. Is that retail???

Minimum Shelf Price in MI is 129.99.  Our state min pricing is usually MSRP or a bit higher.

EC12 'handle' for $45 and RHF for $50. 

Wanted both but already had an ECBP and Rittenhouse in hand. I'll be back for those other two in a few weeks. 

Stagg jr is showing up more often in KC liquor stores and supermarkets on the MO side but at $66/750ml, it's a bit pricey for my unsophisticated tastes.

I keep passing on Barrell Whiskey batch #1 for $62.  I've read several sources say it was a delightful surprise, especially since it is aged in used barrels.  To me it is still a significant monetary gamble.

Jason

Edited by jp_stargazer

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016‎ ‎2‎:‎35‎:‎33‎, Postal Grunt said:

Stagg jr is showing up more often in KC liquor stores and supermarkets on the MO side but at $66/750ml, it's a bit pricey for my unsophisticated tastes.

Passed on this yesterday @ $43.99 . . . lowest price I've seen . . . already have some on hand.

Passed on GTS for $649.99.  This store is also selling WSR for $40, I think it is crazy, but, someone must buy this stuff because it never seems to stick around.

6 minutes ago, Golzee said:

Passed on GTS for $649.99.  This store is also selling WSR for $40, I think it is crazy, but, someone must buy this stuff because it never seems to stick around.

Who needs a secondary market with stores selling that high. Well trying to sell.....

Passed on 2015 OFBB for $150 at one store & $100 at another.

Went back by the stores just to see if they sold and they did.

Bought 2 at msrp a few months back and they were worth msrp, but no more than that.

30 minutes ago, Golzee said:

I passed on GTS for $499 and WSR for 30.  Still too high for both. 

Today passed on these . . .

WSR @ $18 (cases and cases of it)

Stagg Jr. (129.7) @ $42.99 (Looked like their everyday price...how?)

JDSBBP @ $47.99 (sale price)

. . . good shopping day, but only ended up with an OF Single Barrel @ $29.99 . . . cheers . . . Wally

I passed a lot today.  I have a decent enough bunker and didn't see anything that caught my attention.   I visited one of the larger chains in Indy and actually visited the new District Market grocery in Indy.  For Indy area folks, it is worth a visit if up in the Carmel area.  The selection matches most chains and the pricing is competitive not just for bourbon both other spirits and beer.  I didn't buy anything but was impressed.  I ended up buying a bunch of tea.  :lol:

On 1/29/2016, 10:05:03, Swoboda said:

Passed on this yesterday @ $43.99 . . . lowest price I've seen . . . already have some on hand.

Where did you see that kind of price? I've been looking at the Hy-Vees, Price Choppers, and Gomer's up in NKC and they're no where near that.

11 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

Where did you see that kind of price? I've been looking at the Hy-Vees, Price Choppers, and Gomer's up in NKC and they're no where near that.

Couldn't PM you, so here goes . . .

Lukas Liquor in south KCMO had it for $43.99 in the locked case.

Hy-Vee Wine & Spirits @ 7620 State Line Road (MO side) had it for $42.99 (129.7 batch) . . . never seen it that low . . . cheers.

Edited by Swoboda

Passed on an Angel's Envy Cask Strength @ $149.95. Been thinking about going back tomorrow and picking it up.

Edited by Night Gallery

Was tempted, but passed on Blanton's @ $54.99, HWR rye, HW Campfire rye, and WP rye at $72.99 (I think). 

Good news (I think)! :ph34r: 

We seem to be awash in Buffalo Trace the past week or two.  I've been passing on droves of BT, ER10, AA90, HPR, Blanton's, and Taylor rye.  I've even noticed that the price on the rye has come down a few ticks...

We now resume regularly scheduled programming..........

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Good news (I think)! :ph34r: 

We seem to be awash in Buffalo Trace the past week or two.  I've been passing on droves of BT, ER10, AA90, HPR, Blanton's, and Taylor rye.  I've even noticed that the price on the rye has come down a few ticks...

We now resume regularly scheduled programming..........

The price actually came down on something?:blink: Was there a funny guy with a camera following you around?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.