What bourbon are you enjoying? Spring 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

RHF tonight neat while reading (starting) The Brothers Karamazov.  It has been on my list for awhile now and my mom says it is her favorite book, so I thought it was time to read it.

Watching Game 5 of the NBA finals with the family. Having a really good time. Enjoying a bottle of VSOF.

On June 12, 2016 at 9:07 PM, kcgumbohead said:

First time having HWMWND while on vacation. I don't know what edition as the bottle was too far away but I enjoyed it very much and could see why it is well regarded here on SB. I enjoyed the port finish and was surprised at how it tamed the rye but also complimented it. I won't exert the effort to find a bottle or spend the asking price If I do but am glad to have tried it and enjoyed it. This was one of the whiskies I was looking for on our travels, the others being Teeling single malt and OGDBiB, didn't see either yet but tonight's another night.

Can't edit ( post too old?) anyhow the reluctance to hunt and spend is no reflection on HWMWND as it might appear upon rereading the post, simply self imposed spending limit and a decision to not hunt any LE type releases. Finding them on a shelf at a price below my established ceiling and alls good, highly unlikely but good. Back on topic, some HH6yrBiB.

Celebrating National Bourbon Day by sharing some Old Taylor with my girlfriend and her parents. 

Tax strip was a little faded but looks like it was barreled in 1961 and bottled in 1969.

A very nice little treat.

IMG_20160614_181502.jpg

Enjoying a Jackies 1792 PS in my hotel room at the Greenville, SC Marriott.  Kudos to them for excellent glassware in the room! :lol:

image.jpg

Celebrating National Bourbon Day with a little HHSS 8 year purchased last year from the Heritage Center.  Cheers! 

image.jpeg

29 minutes ago, PappyStagg said:

Celebrating National Bourbon Day

snap, I wasn't going to drink tonight by guess I have to have one or two at least.  I had no idea due to Orlando taking center stage on facebook feed and instagram being flooded with stuff for Flag Day and US Army day.  Looks like it is also used to celebrate a few other things - https://www.checkiday.com/06/14

Decided to go with a pour of my sb.com blend that has been mingling since last July.  I also had to decant it down from the half full 1792 fifth to a pint.  :blink:

Having a little ECBP to celebrate the day. I've been stocking up so I guess I need to be a little more generous with myself in working on my stock. Like it with a bit of water. 

20 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Having a little ECBP to celebrate the day. I've been stocking up so I guess I need to be a little more generous with myself in working on my stock. Like it with a bit of water. 

This was my choice as well, for the same reasons, and with some water as well. 100 proof is my sweet spot with this one.

28 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

6 minutes ago, dcbt said:

This was my choice as well, for the same reasons, and with some water as well. 100 proof is my sweet spot with this one.

I blame you guys for me not losing the 5 pounds  I put back on the past couple months....

Had a pour of my last pours decanter so I could refill it with BT:OGD114, then 4RSiB and now a KCSmB but this is sounding really tasty.  I have a 139.8 open so might have to pour an ounce with a cube of ice in a bit.

31 minutes ago, fozzy71 said:

I blame you guys for me not losing the 5 pounds  I put back on the past couple months....

Had a pour of my last pours decanter so I could refill it with BT:OGD114, then 4RSiB and now a KCSmB but this is sounding really tasty.  I have a 139.8 open so might have to pour an ounce with a cube of ice in a bit.

It happens! *wink*

rfskUJ8.png

ecbp 139.8 with the biggest cube I could find

I see dead people

Edited by fozzy71

Went to The Crunkleton in Chapel Hill with the wife to celebrate NBD.  First pour was 2013 4RSB LE (OBSK).  It was definitely good, but then I had my first ever taste of 2014 PHC Wheat Whiskey and it was really in my wheelhouse.  Damn that stuff is good!  After eating way to much Mediterranean food for dinner, I'm now home with a pour of SAOS9SB "Smooth Dramblers".  I may have to just go for broke and have a pour from my '14 GTS to finish the night off.

Tried some Elliot's Select tonight. Dang this is good. There was a Four Roses sponsored Bourbon Affair reception at the host hotel and they were pouring samples. I sweet talked my way into a second sample and got a friendly pour. It will be hard to find of course, but I'll be looking. 

In celebration of NBD, I had a nice pour of GTS '14. Figured it was a nice way to salute those that provide us the brown water in our glasses and those of us that make it disappear. After that was gone and still wanted a little more, I had a small pour of Rowan's Creek as a night cap.

Poured myself 3 fingers of WT101.  It has been a strange day to say the least.  Spent the better part of the day with my best friend and his dog which has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  The dog isn't looking good (not sure if it will make it through the night), but, he had a hell of a run. Buddy could out drink most people in his heyday and has lived a long life.  I'm hoping for the best, but, losing a pet is never easy, and my friend is not going to take this well.

5 minutes ago, elmossle said:

In celebration of NBD, I had a nice pour of GTS '14. Figured it was a nice way to salute those that provide us the brown water in our glasses and those of us that make it disappear. After that was gone and still wanted a little more, I had a small pour of Rowan's Creek as a night cap.

Must be a NC thing this evening.  Went ahead and did a pour of GTS '14 myself.  I only have 3 or 4 small pours left in the bottle.  Gonna hate to see this one go!

Just now, Fort Knox said:

Must be a NC thing this evening.  Went ahead and did a pour of GTS '14 myself.  I only have 3 or 4 small pours left in the bottle.  Gonna hate to see this one go!

That is funny as my bottle probably has the same amount left as well. Most certainly going to miss when it is empty. If I am not mistake, I think I have one more left in the bunker. Shit, I can't remember if I do or not. Looks like I will be doing some inventory the next weekend we have in the 90's and really don't want to do yard work.

22 hours ago, flahute said:

Tried some Elliot's Select tonight. Dang this is good. There was a Four Roses sponsored Bourbon Affair reception at the host hotel and they were pouring samples. I sweet talked my way into a second sample and got a friendly pour. It will be hard to find of course, but I'll be looking. 

I've been passing on everything this month in hopes of scoring a bottle or two of Elliott's Select....Sadly I don't think it will happen

On 6/13/2016 at 9:28 PM, Golzee said:

RHF tonight neat while reading (starting) The Brothers Karamazov.  It has been on my list for awhile now and my mom says it is her favorite book, so I thought it was time to read it.

So much right with this post.  RHF AND Brothers Karamazov...epic.  Well done.

Trying to kill of my KCSmB warm bottle (with a pint in the fridge door) so I can open something new, likely a Stagg Jr, from the shrinking bunker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.