What bourbon are you enjoying? Spring 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a little more than I had anticipated yesterday, so I thought about taking this evening off, but the SAOS10 SB was just callin' my name, so I'm slow-sipping a pour.

After a shot of some nice 13-year old Speyside scotch, I poured a shot of McKenna BIB (10-year).  I'm impressed.

On 6/5/2016 at 3:13 PM, smokinjoe said:

Bad news: Hit a slimy wet area on a curve during my bike ride today, and scraped the bejesus out of my leg.  

That's gonna leave a mark...:D

Good news:  Convalescing in the garage with a fat pour (OK, 2...damn, 3) of VOB BIB 6 yr from the garage fridge is...uh, are ;)really taking the sting out.

I hope you are drinking it instead of pouring it on the wound.  I feel so bad for you that I, too, am taking the sting out by consumning VOBBIB6yr, and I didn't even know you'd skidded.  It CAN'T be coincidence.

Ain't bourbon, but finally talked myself into a bottle of CR NH rye.  It is surprisingly enjoyable.  

After a couple after work cocktails, I'm at home after dinner enjoying some 4RSmB and 4RSiB. The palate is attuned to these two  quite nicely tonight.

Thanks mbroo5880i I appreciate it. Gonna check my bottle and keep a lookout as well.

Tonight I had a sample from 3 bottles, 4RSiB PS OESK, WT Rare Breed 3RB 108.2, and EWSB 2002.

A couple of nice pours of W.L. Weller Old Weller Antique.

Really enjoying a Barrel Bourbon batch#6. Nice spice, suspect higher rye. I'm glad I picked up a couple of more bottles before it disappears.

After tonight only 1 more pour of this left...2012 Four Rose Single Barrel Ltd. Ed.

IMG_3371.jpg

HMcK10 followed by HWRR. I've really enjoyed the wood forward taste of McK as well as EC12 lately, but like bitter American IPAs it's tough to have more than one before I move to something else. 

12 minutes ago, Golzee said:

RHF while watching Peaky Blinders.

great series, been binging on it off and on the past week or two.  Not sure why I hadn't started it sooner.

KCSmB out of the fridge, OGD114 and my last pours decanter (both with a cube of ice) for me tonight.

Rolling with ogdbib and er10. May follow up with vob6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tried out a new restaurant tonight.  They had a bourbon flight for $20.  Bib & Tucker, EH Taylor SmB and Medley 12 year.  About  an ounce and a half pours - thought that was a very fair price.  Liked the CEHTSmB best, but they were all solid.

EC12 after a 12-year and 13-year single-malt taste comparison.  The Elijah Craig 12 definitely is quality stuff.  

Almost ran over 2 wild turkeys on the way to work this morning, so guess what was poured this evening after kids were in bed??!! The last little bit of my first WT Masters Keep. I liked this a lot more than I had thought I would.

Started the evening at the bar next to the office. They still have a little JPS 18yr at the bar. It was way cheaper than any of the Van Winkles so I ordered it and enjoyed the wheated goodness for a fraction of the price of anything PVW

Later at home, a little 4RSmB and wrapping up the night with some Stagg Jr. Batch 2 / ER10 blend. 

A little WLW 134.8.  Tried it again neat and it just has too much power.  It needs to be tamed with a few drops of water. It opens it up while the nose is still very ethanolic, some other notes do come through.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.