What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2016

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, silverc said:

I've had both Dry Fly wheat port finish and the 80 proof wheat whiskey, but I haven't tried the cask strength yet. The Port finish is good, but I found the 80 proof to be a bit thin and one-dimensional. Same impression for the Masterson's 12 year wheat whiskey, which is also 100% wheat. I think the 100% wheat mashbill leaves a little complexity behind, but I am hoping the cask strength Dry Fly is better.

I had the same issue with a 100% corn whisky, I found it to be one-dimensional, it tasted like a butterscotch lifesaver was melted into water.

2 hours ago, morebourbon85 said:

Wm? What's that? Wow what a good price. At that price I would've bought everything they had lol

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

WalMart.   They have a shelf full of it.  Problem is I don't know if I like it yet.

Makers Mark.jpg

WalMart.   They have a shelf full of it.  Problem is I don't know if I like it yet.

Makers Mark.jpg

Wow...that's an amazing deal! I'd buy all of them if I saw that deal lol. It's good on the rocks and good to make Manhattan. What area are you in?

Nothing on TV and it's supposed to hit 120° today in Phoenix, so I been trying to stay inside somewhere cool...

I picked up a bottle of Woodford Reserve for $24 ($5 coupon) and a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  I think I like it as much or slightly more than FRSiB.

Edited by Darwin
spellin

Just bought a bottle of Stagg Jr, Batch #6.  One of the last two bottles in town.  Thought I'd leave one for the other guy. :)

Bought a bottle of KC Rye and a 1L of OWA. The OWA seems to be particularly good.

6 hours ago, Darwin said:

Nothing on TV and it's supposed to hit 120° today in Phoenix, so I been trying to stay inside somewhere cool...

I picked up a bottle of Woodford Reserve for $24 ($5 coupon) and a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  I think I like it as much or slightly more than FRSiB.

Nothing on tv besides the final round of the US Open, game 7 of the NBA finals and Game of Thrones penultimate episode of the season. 

Nothing on tv besides the final round of the US Open, game 7 of the NBA finals and Game of Thrones penultimate episode of the season. 

Yeah, but golf puts me to sleep, basketball is the worst sport ever, and the antepenultimate GoT was a little bit dry. ..

3 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Yeah, but golf puts me to sleep, basketball is the worst sport ever, and the antepenultimate GoT was a little bit dry. ..

gosh, you guys made me google that word...  and I thought that was an awesome episode last night!  but back on topic, bought a CEHT SmB to replace one I took to a bbq this weekend.  it was definitely a crowd pleaser.

I've got it recorded to watch tonight. I'm giddy :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Picked up two bottles for my humble bunker:

FRSmB $24

WSR $20

Edited by Ozark

Those bottles of Maker's Mark are at a great price.  Even if you didn't like it, they would make a great gift.

Edited by mbroo5880i

1 hour ago, ccleve23 said:

Picked up two OWA store picks.

Never seen that elusive critter in the wild. 

Edited by Ozark

I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'll be picking up a bottle of the weller reserve this weekend @ $23, sounds great. After that, I may need to slow it down as I'm around 25 bottles. I added 5 bottles this week...buffalo trace, eagle rare, four roses single barrel, old forester, angels envy ,so I'm ok for a little ????

2 hours ago, morebourbon85 said:

I'll be picking up a bottle of the weller reserve this weekend @ $23, sounds great. After that, I may need to slow it down as I'm around 25 bottles. I added 5 bottles this week...buffalo trace, eagle rare, four roses single barrel, old forester, angels envy ,so I'm ok for a little ????

Ha-Ha!   As much as that, eh? 

You'll be adding more before you know it, I'll wager.

I used to think 2-dozen bottles of Bourbon was a great deal...... Not any more, I'm afraid.    Maybe now, 10-times that is a lot?    .... or not!

Ha-Ha!   As much as that, eh? 

You'll be adding more before you know it, I'll wager.

I used to think 2-dozen bottles of Bourbon was a great deal...... Not any more, I'm afraid.    Maybe now, 10-times that is a lot?    .... or not!

Lol worse thing is that I've been finding excuses to buy. Yesterday I saw a bottle of Eagle Rare 10yr, which I already have... and said to myself that I better buy it cause they may disappear soon. ????

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated ????

Got another WL Weller Special Reserve. I'm pretty sure I like it more than the 12 year old, although it's been over a year since I've had the 12 year old.

Got some Four Roses OESK (10 years, 3 mos; 53.4%) from K&L. looking forward to tasting it side by side with the OESV I got a few months ago.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:58 PM, flahute said:

Also grabbed a Booker's 2016-01. It made the Whiskey Advocate Summer Buying guide top ten so I told myself to grab one if I saw one, and voila, there it was.  

Flahute,

Have you tried The Booker's 2016-01?  Impressions of 2016-01? 

Thanks

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added my questions

24 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Flahute,

Have you tried The Booker's 2016-01?  Impressions of 2016-01? 

Thanks

Yes. It is excellent.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.