What bourbon did you pass up? Spring 2016

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

40 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Passed on Lock Stock & Barrel @ $99.99.  Bought a Rock Hill Farms for $$43.99 OTD, instead.  But I think I paid $39.99 for a RHF last year - price creep, perhaps?   :(

shoot, I've only seen it a couple times around these parts, and at $60+

6 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

shoot, I've only seen it a couple times around these parts, and at $60+

Agree. RHF for $44 OTD is great.  Go get another one GeeTen.  You won't be sorry.  You see, we are enablers here.

15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Bought a Rock Hill Farms for $$43.99 OTD, instead.  But I think I paid $39.99 for a RHF last year - price creep, perhaps?   :(

It's $56.99 in VA

Actually saw a Yamazaki Sherry Cask Finish.  I think the tag said $2399.99.  It was the 2016.  Bought two 750s of OGD bonded instead.

6 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Actually saw a Yamazaki Sherry Cask Finish.  I think the tag said $2399.99.  It was the 2016.  Bought two 750s of OGD bonded instead.

Ahhh - another unicorn sighting!  That could be our 2nd bottle for the DC tasting with Meade and Charlutz . . . . . . . not!   :P

Edited by GeeTen

20 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Agree. RHF for $44 OTD is great.  Go get another one GeeTen.  You won't be sorry.  You see, we are enablers here.

Ummmm, ok!    :D

Passed on the American Pharoah MM bottle. $75 for MM in a blue bottle doesn't seem worth it to me. 

2 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Passed on the American Pharoah MM bottle. $75 for MM in a blue bottle doesn't seem worth it to me. 

Yeah, I'm tempted just because I was at the Derby last year, but it's $25 of whiskey and $50 of bottle.  Not that I've never fallen for a pretty face before.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:52 PM, Radsman13 said:

Passed on Blanton's for $74. was $54 last time i bought a bottle

I just passed up on one for $52.  I have two in the bunker, and waiting for a good occasion to open one.  It was tough, but cant justify three unopened bottles.  Sometimes feels good to walk away, ha.  Also passed up a Orphan Barrel Forged Oak for $68.  Tough Day!

On 5/5/2016 at 10:08 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

The triumph of sense over insensibility.

2 minutes ago, squire said:

The triumph of sense over insensibility.

Yeesh.  If I ever win the lottery maybe...until then $2399.99 buys lots of of other things (let alone alcohol).  Passed on OG114 for 21.99 but I think I'll head back soon...

On 5/9/2016 at 2:35 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

I just passed up on one for $52.  I have two in the bunker, and waiting for a good occasion to open one.  It was tough, but cant justify three unopened bottles.

Good man.  As Bill Travis famously said somewhere a line must be drawn.

I saw the new wave of OWA that others on SB have commented on.  I have enough in the bunker so I passed but I'm always tempted, especially at $23.99.

Jason

IMG_1174_small.jpg

1 minute ago, jp_stargazer said:

I saw the new wave of OWA that others on SB have commented on.  I have enough in the bunker so I passed but I'm always tempted, especially at $23.99.

Jason

IMG_1174_small.jpg

That's . . . just . . . . . . beautiful, jp_stargazer.  Thanks for sharing.   :wub:

2 hours ago, jp_stargazer said:

Jason

I definitely would've taken at least one home with me at that price ;)

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

That's . . . just . . . . . . beautiful, jp_stargazer.  Thanks for sharing.   :wub:

No problem.  I am hoping this means that BT is catching up (or the market for OWA is at equilibrium) and it will be readily available, especially to those of you who have trouble finding the stuff.

Jason

Passed on a WTKS store select, but too much for me (65.49 out the door) especially since I've never had it, but I'd like to try it.

Also skipped a EWSB 2007. Barrelled Sep. 2007, bottled Jan 2016

23 minutes ago, GrPeMi said:

Passed on a WTKS store select, but too much for me (65.49 out the door) especially since I've never had it, but I'd like to try it.

Also skipped a EWSB 2007. Barrelled Sep. 2007, bottled Jan 2016

So you were clearly shopping on the Washington side given that price. 

Yep - I would have passed on it too. I like it, but for that price I can get RRSiB at 110 proof.

Yeah...was running some errands in town.

RRSiB bourbon didn't really work for me...The new RRSB rye on the other hand...ended up mail ordering that one 'cuz it's not in OR and WA as far as I can tell.

Wanted to try some of the other premium WT stuff. That store had a RRSiB store select, too, but it was even more...like $75 OTD. It's sad not knowing whether the store selects are even worth it. They didn't have either of those as standard bottlings.

Edited by GrPeMi

15 hours ago, jp_stargazer said:

No problem.  I am hoping this means that BT is catching up (or the market for OWA is at equilibrium) and it will be readily available, especially to those of you who have trouble finding the stuff.

Jason

And it's even better since OWA is $21.99 OTD here in MetroWest Boston!   :D

Passed on some sale priced stuff . . .

BT @ $19.88 and FRSmB @ $22.88

. . . too many on deck . . . not feelin' it.

Passed on Jeff Pres 18 at a restaurant for $51/pour. I'd like to give it a try, but it wasn't the night for it. 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, Masset1982 said:

Passed on Elijah Craig 18 for 220€

Good decision. I've tried it lately and it's terrible. What a waste of money.1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.