What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been working on the final third of a WFE 11yr old bottled for Randall's. Pretty sure this an 11 yr old Knob Creek/Beam. Really good and finished it tonight complete with the charcoal dust in the bottom of the glencairn.

Trying to finish my opened bottles, a pour of PHC 13 yo wheat and some EHT SB. Both are very nice.

As I alluded to earlier in another thread, I'm on vacation, albeit a working one. The weather finally cooperated, (not so freaking hot for a change <_<) so I was finally able to get some outside work done. I edged the flower bed along one side of our house, the driveway and sidewalks, mowed the front yard, trimmed the hedges in front of our bay window and got about half of the patio blocks replaced around a small flower garden area in front of our house at the corner of the driveway/steps to our front door. FWIW, I'd only worked for about 15 minutes or so when the sun decided to break through the clouds. It sure felt a lot warmer than 75 degrees. :huh: After I decided to call it a day, I rewarded myself with a couple (?) of pours of Old Forester BIB:) I sure wish BF still made this one. :mellow: OF Signature is pretty decent, but IMHO, it just doesn't taste near as good as OF BIB

Cheers! Joe

The weakling, by consensus, of the Weller empire....WSR. I dig it, and an absolute bargain at 31 bucks for the family sized

A little ER10 tonight.  Been a pretty shitty few days having received bad family news, but, somethings you can't control.

3 minutes ago, Golzee said:

A little ER10 tonight.  Been a pretty shitty few days having received bad family news, but, somethings you can't control.

But you can control the bourbon you drink. Hang in there. I pray whatever you're dealing with gets better soon. 

Going with EWSB 2007 tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Trying to make some space in the cupboard, in the last throws of a bottle of Woodford Reserve. You know, sometimes it's a pretty agreeable pour...

Elmer T Lee.  Not one of the recent batches, but one purchased in 2014.  Opened it then, and it has been sitting in the cabinet since at about half full.  'Time heals all wounds' they say.  Well. time and air have made this a soft, balanced, and comfortably sweet pour.

Worth the $35 I paid at the time, and I have another of similar vintage stored.

28 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

4R OESK. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Would love to find a "K" 4R around MN.  So far just V's and O's.

Tonight: EC12, ER10, and (non-bourbon) Akashi white oak.

On 6/28/2016 at 9:26 PM, Golzee said:

sorry to hear about your bad news, hopefully things get better soon.

for me, it's been a BP kind of night, CEHT BP and Stagg Jr.  that CEHT BP has not been a favorite of mine at all.  heavy acetone and tobacco flavors in this one.  I believe it's 129.7 proof, not one that I've enjoyed at all and that's been pretty disappointing especially with how much the SmB has been hitting the spot for me.

4 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

sorry to hear about your bad news, hopefully things get better soon.

for me, it's been a BP kind of night, CEHT BP and Stagg Jr.  that CEHT BP has not been a favorite of mine at all.  heavy acetone and tobacco flavors in this one.  I believe it's 129.7 proof, not one that I've enjoyed at all and that's been pretty disappointing especially with how much the SmB has been hitting the spot for me.

Thanks, not sure what the future holds, but, my family is taking it day by day and we are hanging in there.  Back on topic, I'm having some more ER10 tonight which is great.  Next time I see the family size I will pick one up.

Started with some Booker's 2014-6, the first round table selection Booker's I bought. It was excellent! Tasted just like... Booker's. This bottle is about done and I've got a 2015-06 Noe Secret right behind it that I'll open and do a SBS with on the last pour of the 2014-06 to see if I can taste a difference. Booker's is high proof, consistently excellent, reasonably priced and always available. It's one of my favorites and was always underrated. I'm glad the named batches and round table have brought it some love and it still is available whenever I want it. 

After the Booker's, had some BT from a 1.75l that I picked up for $41 I think. Tremendous value for a really solid whiskey. 

OGD BiB. Got a bottle recently to SBS with OGD114 and to share with friends. The most recent was with a neighbor who LOVED the Bib (hasn't tried 114 yet). I like it too so it moved to the front of the line last night.  

Not bad at all, not understanding the fuss around it. 

Cheers! 

image.jpeg

Getting near the end of this bottle.  My favorite of the Van Winkle line.

IMG_3487.jpg

Started with OGD 114 and have moved onto ECBP. ECBP is really hitting the spot tonight. Really opens up with a cube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.