What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2016

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting the afternoon off with a small pour of OWA as I work up to the higher proof offerings.

I love the Yeti cup, but it find I pour way to heavy with it. Lol

not that, it is a bad thing 

Yes I at times have that problem but have more less adjusted. Mine stays in the freezer until it's go time. Keeps my bourbon a bit cooler than room temp, but not cold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Some Basil Hayden in a yeti with a large cube while grilling some chicken on a hot summer day. I'll know for sure once I taste the chicken, but life is good. 

I'm "enjoying" my bourbon a little differently tonight. Bourbon & brown butter chocolate chip cookies made with Ezra 12 are hitting the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgeous day here in Central NJ. Started with a PS RR 1492 from Astor and have moved on to a FR SB OBSK 10Y 5M 59.8% from Bayway with a few drops of water.  The OBSK is just killing it.

Edited by El Vino
Grammer

Started off with a healthy pour of M46CS from the first batch out of the gift shop that finished off that bottle and opened a bottle Blanton's for the second pour

Made some

2335b672219b09f9ee1f99b251a81bf0.jpg for dinner, had this 1ad438356a38da28409785cfde64c9d1.jpg mixed with coke to help with the Texas heat, was not bad. I didn't really like it neat and it's too expensive for a mixer. Rib eyes and corn were delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a hotel bar in Jackson WY for work and my choices are MM, BH, Bulleit Rye, and Wyoming Whiskey. (And Jack). 

I went with Makers. They pour them big here. 

18 hours ago, flahute said:

At a hotel bar in Jackson WY for work and my choices are MM, BH, Bulleit Rye, and Wyoming Whiskey. (And Jack). 

I went with Makers. They pour them big here. 

You're only about 4 hours from the Wyoming Whiskey distillery in Kirby, Steve. Just for fun, you might want to check out WW and/or the distillery while you're out there in God's country. ;)

Cheers! Joe

Started with a too-small pour of ER10, so I thought I'd kick it up a notch with some 4R PS OESV.  I don't think you can go wrong with a 4RSB.

As nice pour of the elusive ETL.  It's my favorite, so I rarely drink it without an occasion. Had a decent occasion today.

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You're only about 4 hours from the Wyoming Whiskey distillery in Kirby, Steve. Just for fun, you might want to check out WW and/or the distillery while you're out there in God's country. ;)

Cheers! Joe

Thanks for the heads up Joe! I wasn't able to swing it on this trip as the schedule was too tight for that kind of diversion. I'll be going out there once a month though so a future visit is possible.

I did ask the bartender about the WW and he gave me a taste. (A good size one of course, I like this place). I thought it tasted young, but decent. It has really good potential. Another 2-3 years of age and it could be fantastic. We'll see.

8 hours ago, DeluxeReverb said:

As nice pour of the elusive ETL.  It's my favorite, so I rarely drink it without an occasion. Had a decent occasion today.

Ok, I'll bite.  And that occasion was?...

On July 10, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Yes I at times have that problem but have more less adjusted. Mine stays in the freezer until it's go time. Keeps my bourbon a bit cooler than room temp, but not cold.

Great idea. Might have buy anothr . I currently use mine for coffee in the morning 

Opened my last HHBIB with the 6 year age statement. I have heard it is great to chill the whole bottle, but I just had it room temperature (which these days is too hot!) with a cube of ice. A great summer sipper and a great bargain to boot! 

Last night, while watching the Home Run Derby, I had a large pour of Hirsch 7-year old. Delicious!

Tim

ER10 tonight for the All-star game, after the game I will continue with RHF.

Family visiting so lil bro and I have enjoyed 4R GS OBSF, GBS RRSBSib, GBS KC120, OGD114, OGD Bib and on tap tonight OWA & HH6YRBib. So far he has enjoyed them all and of the lot he prefers the RR and OGD114. Prior to the trip he was a connoisseur of Fireball and Some sort of JB honey thing, we are making tremendous progress.

9 minutes ago, beasled said:

Elmer T Lee tonight.

Cheers all!

Me too Dave!  :)

Cheers! Joe

18 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Me too Dave!  :)

Cheers! Joe

I'm in good company then!

Cheers Joe

( No BOTM yet...!?)

I'm in good company then!

Cheers Joe

( No BOTM yet...!?)

I was thinking the same thing on BOTM!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.