What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Grabbed a bottle of Maker''s  46 for $17.49.  I have had it before and I wasn't impressed, but, for the price I figured I should revisit it.

15 minutes ago, Golzee said:

Grabbed a bottle of Maker''s  46 for $17.49.  I have had it before and I wasn't impressed, but, for the price I figured I should revisit it.

I'd guess they mispriced the 46 as regular MM (or even discounted to that even.)  

27 minutes ago, Golzee said:

damn, that's a great price for it.  been meaning to double back and try this again since I like the cask strength varieties a lot.

ECBP New release (batch 12 at 136.0 proof) x8 for $49.99 each. That should last a while.

Edited by silverc

16 hours ago, Golzee said:

Wow...I've only purchased it once, on sale at $40. The huge DISADVANTAGE of living in an ABC state is that prices are fixed so stuff that's available every day (MM, MM46, OGD's, KC, etc) is always around the same price. Sales are run statewide on different products monthly but never vary more than a few dollars from MSRP. The huge ADVANTAGE  of living in an ABC State is that when you can track down a limited or alloted release it is always MSRP. When I see what some are paying for OWA or ECBP, I cringe. For example, when my store does get them in the OWA is $27 and the ECBP is $50. I have yet to pull the trigger on a $50 ECBP since it's about $10 over my self imposed per bottle limit, but after seeing what folks in other states are paying, I'm busting my limit for this one. 

Purchased a Johnny Drum Private Stock and Bernheim 7 straight wheat whisky for some guys at a company we partner with who did a lot of work to help us out the past week.

Incidentally, I passed up a whole shelf of High West Midwinter Night Dram 4-1.  Damn early for that stuff to be showing up.  I should probably have bought a bottle . . .

Started talking with the store owner, and one thing led to another.  Picked up several bottles  - David Nicholson 1843, 2@375 Glenfiddich 12 for $27, and Altos Reposado 750 for $14.

10 hours ago, garbanzobean said:

Incidentally, I passed up a whole shelf of High West Midwinter Night Dram 4-1.  Damn early for that stuff to be showing up.  I should probably have bought a bottle . . .

If you like the stuff, I'd say, yes, you should have bought a bottle. Or three.

FRSB Private Bottling - 115.4 / 9y 7m / OESK.  Gulped hard at the price, $75 w/tax, but made the purchase and I am looking forward to cracking it tonight.

I have been told it is very good barrel.  We shall see.

2 handles of EC12 for $45 each

4 fifths of OWA for $23 each

I have been on a buying freeze, but feel like some buys are necessary!

Found a store with FC103 6yr age stated so I bought a case - they said they had quite a bit as they had ordered it for a sausage making company that was adding it to the sausage then stopped... Made me think I'd like to try that sausage

On a tip from an SB member, I went to a local store that had gotten in its private barrel of KCSB that they picked in early June. Had a taste from the open bottle behind the counter and bought two at $45 each. 11 years 7 months old. Talked to fhe employee who flew out with the store manager to pick the barrel. He said they paid for their own flights but once they were there, Beam covered everything. They went through the warehouses. Saw Mila Kunis's barrel. They were given a choice of three barrels including one that was over 13 years but I guess was too 'different' for their liking. Very happy with the purchase. 

Finally found a bottle of ETL which had been absent from the shelves here. Glad to have a familiar face back, but did notice the price wasn't so familiar.

5 hours ago, Hop said:

Found a store with FC103 6yr age stated so I bought a case - they said they had quite a bit as they had ordered it for a sausage making company that was adding it to the sausage then stopped... Made me think I'd like to try that sausage

Fighting Cock used to make sausage?  Haha

On 9/24/2016 at 2:52 PM, Swoboda said:

Old Ezra 101 Aged 7 Years @ $15.99 / 750ml . . . great value . . . great all purpose whiskey. 

I picked up a couple more bottles of Old Ezra 101 after first trying it a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

Scooped up an additional OWA, though I have several in the bunker.    ...A 'relationship' buy from my main retailer.

I picked up the following this month, let's just say I treated myself on my Birthday and hopefully picked up some airline miles in the process, haha.

ECBP batch 11

ETL 

OFBB 2016

1792FP

BTAC Handy 2015

Bookers Rye 2016

WL12

Bookers / Toogie's Invitation

I picked up a 1.75L of Elijah Craig 12 (old 12 year label) during my works travels in New Jersey. I haven't seen one in many moons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.