What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

35 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Have a pour, then put the bottle away for a couple days to a week.  A lot of folks believe it improves a bit after being opened.  Me, I never had to wait.

Good advice. I try not to make any final judgement on a bourbon until I've tried it over a span of a couple weeks. Plus, as rare as this one is to come across, I'm sure going to try and make it last awhile.

Received an email from a nearby municipal store saying they received a few hard to find bourbons.  Got there in time to buy a W12, Abraham Bowman Gingerbread#15 and an Orphan Barrel Whoop & Holler.   All in all a great day for the bunker.    I will probably open the A Bowman this weekend and post my thoughts.    

I picked up Russell Reserve Single Barrel Private Select from Shawan Liquors. First foray into Russell's, curious if anyone has had this bottle from Shawan. I assume it's a 10 year...

11 hours ago, $helby said:

Received an email from a nearby municipal store saying they received a few hard to find bourbons.  Got there in time to buy a W12, Abraham Bowman Gingerbread#15 and an Orphan Barrel Whoop & Holler.   All in all a great day for the bunker.    I will probably open the A Bowman this weekend and post my thoughts.    

I got the same email! I passed on all but the Weller 12 (Email also listed The Bowman, Buffalo Trace, a couple CEHT's and Blanton's). Can't wait to get your thoughts on the Whoop & Holler.

It seems from the posts that Oct 3rd the whiskey Gods rained on NC. I'm licking my lips looking at that full bottle of Weller 12.

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

It seems from the posts that Oct 3rd the whiskey Gods rained on NC. I'm licking my lips looking at that full bottle of Weller 12.

Not all of NC got that rain...

Can't ever find any of the "rarer" stuff. I picked up a Rittenhouse BiB 100 and an Eagle Rare "10" today. I guess the ER isn't technically 10 or SiB any longer.  Made some Sazeracs with the Rit. Prefer them made with Baby Saz but I'm running low and it's impossible to find any more.

19 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Can't ever find any of the "rarer" stuff. I picked up a Rittenhouse BiB 100 and an Eagle Rare "10" today. I guess the ER isn't technically 10 or SiB any longer.  Made some Sazeracs with the Rit. Prefer them made with Baby Saz but I'm running low and it's impossible to find any more.

ER10 is still 10. For now anyway, it's on the back label.

Managed to pick up a Weller 12 year today, it seems to be a little more prevalent around these parts, at least for the time being. It's still being sold on waiting lists and one bottle per person, but as I just drink what I buy, I'm more than happy picking up a single bottle on the rare occasion it becomes available. I have plenty of other other whiskey to enjoy, and I don't even bunker much of anything as I'm always hoping I will find something I like even better further down the line. Also, I would hate to go off a whiskey and have multiples left to get through, which can happen occasionally (although I am sure plenty of people on here would volunteer to take them off my hands).

Today was a good day on the hunt and bad on the wallet. Managed to pickup a bottle of Rebel Yell 10yr and two bottles of 1792 Full Proof for a fellow SBer. Bourbon Gods were nice to me today. Thank you.

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

Ahh..ok. Didn't read the back label.

13 hours ago, dcbt said:

According to their master distiller, it is also still single barrel, despite the removal of that designation. Supposedly had to do with the new automated bottling system. They can't guarantee that a little from another barrel didn't make it in. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. 

Decided yesterday that if they had any Blanton's left on my day off I'd pick one (limit one per customer) up. They had exactly one. Snagged it while out stocking up provisions for Matthew. The good news is, I may be able to trade it for a couple gallons of gas and a loaf of bread if I need to. 

IMG_2334.JPG

Edited by BDanner

This was a new one for me--just picked up some Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream.  I had never seen it before in NJ, and I realize now that I could have been missing it away from the bourbon aisle and perhaps with Baileys and other stuff like that.  But anyway, it was there in the bourbon aisle, and I picked up a couple of bottles at 18.99 per bottle.  Been wanting to try this.

This was a new one for me--just picked up some Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream.  I had never seen it before in NJ, and I realize now that I could have been missing it away from the bourbon aisle and perhaps with Baileys and other stuff like that.  But anyway, it was there in the bourbon aisle, and I picked up a couple of bottles at 18.99 per bottle.  Been wanting to try this.

Let us know how it is. I have seen it several times and been tempted, but yet to pull the trigger. Always grab the OWA next to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Let us know how it is. I have seen it several times and been tempted, but yet to pull the trigger. Always grab the OWA next to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If there were ever any OWA on the shelf I would definitely grab it.  In 4 years of actively looking for OWA on liquor store shelves I've found it a total of ONE time. ONE bottle on the shelf at a marked up $49.99.  I've gotten all my bottles from friends in other areas, Bottle Spot, or liquor stores with online/shipping sales. I love the stuff, but arround here it might as well be Pappy.

7 hours ago, BDanner said:

Decided yesterday that if they had any Blanton's left on my day off I'd pick one (limit one per customer) up. They had exactly one. Snagged it while out stocking up provisions for Matthew. The good news is, I may be able to trade it for a couple gallons of gas and a loaf of bread if I need to. 

IMG_2334.JPG

Ok My best and final offer: 3 gallons of gas and two loaves of bread. We can meet in a well lit place to exchange????

I feel like I Won the lottery today: picked up a bottle of WLW, GTS, EHTSmB, 2 W107 and a BT.   All at state prices.   

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, $helby said:

I feel like I Won the lottery today: picked up a bottle of WLW, GTS, EHTSmB, 2 W107 and a BT.   All at state prices.   

image.jpeg

I take it you found these in North Carolina, my friend?

Edited by NuttyFinish

Picked up a Bowman Brothers Small Batch today.  Haven't seen any unicorns in the wild, but, I'm not really on the hunt.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:56 PM, Tanger11 said:

I picked up Russell Reserve Single Barrel Private Select from Shawan Liquors. First foray into Russell's, curious if anyone has had this bottle from Shawan. I assume it's a 10 year...

I didn't buy the Shawan RR because I have a ton of RR right now, but I've had almost all of their picks over the years and they generally do a very  good job.   Their BT pick last year  and first Blanton's pick (2104?) were both phenomenal. 

Joe

8 hours ago, $helby said:

image.jpeg

How is it possible, a George T Stagg 2007 at retail, do you live in heaven ? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.