What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, DROB said:

2016 4RSmbLE for $104.95

Don't know what MSRP was suppose to be but that sounds like a reasonable price.  Congratulations!

5 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I'm sitting in the parking lot....just stumbled across a bunch of Old Taylor 6yr.  Is there a specific time period this pour this was great?  "Distilled and bottled by Old Taylor Frankfort-Clermont" on the back.

IMG_0482.thumb.JPG.56564b1a70663b01e8e7caecf6d8034c.JPG

Edit - Well, I bought a 750 to try and it's pretty bad.   They had handles of FC 6yr too but $39.99 :mellow:

If you grab that Dant on the right you will be a happy camper. Also as a bottom shelf regular, I like to limit the use of my low elevation BIB's to drinking neat, with a splash of water, on the rocks,or in mixed drinks. Other than those applications I refuse to let those lowly bottom shelfers pass these prestine lips. 

10 hours ago, KrispinD said:

44e45b096a222f9820845adc33fb668c.jpg

Happy Friday!

Very jealous. That's $300 of hooch right there. $50 per OGD114 and $100 per SAOS 7 around here. 

Very jealous. That's $300 of hooch right there. $50 per OGD114 and $100 per SAOS 7 around here. 

Really? Where abouts? Getting tougher to find both around here (Syracuse, NY) but still $23 for OGD and $38 for SAOS when I find it.

7 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I'm sitting in the parking lot....just stumbled across a bunch of Old Taylor 6yr.  Is there a specific time period this pour this was great?  "Distilled and bottled by Old Taylor Frankfort-Clermont" on the back.

Edit - Well, I bought a 750 to try and it's pretty bad.   They had handles of FC 6yr too but $39.99 :mellow:

2 hours ago, Grain Belt said:

If you grab that Dant on the right you will be a happy camper. Also as a bottom shelf regular, I like to limit the use of my low elevation BIB's to drinking neat, with a splash of water, on the rocks,or in mixed drinks. Other than those applications I refuse to let those lowly bottom shelfers pass these prestine lips. 

that's exactly what I was thinking, the Dant would've been the better pick up here.  and old taylor is crap, unfortunately... you can usually find it for $10 around these parts.

Went bourbon hunting this evening.  Stumbled across an EC12 (age statement on the back) for dirt cheap, so picked it up even though my bunker already overfloweth with EC12.  

Also found some HMcK10SB barrel-dated 2003, which I never see.  Went ahead and grabbed a bunch of those.

Also picked up a CEHT Rye, never tried that one before.

3 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Thankfully the immigration ban did not prevent these guys from coming ashore to me today!

IMG_2553.JPG

Very nice!  I guess great minds think alike ... I got the same ones in last month.  They were a post-Christmas present to myself!!  :)

6 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Thankfully the immigration ban did not prevent these guys from coming ashore to me today!

IMG_2553.JPG

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Very nice!  I guess great minds think alike ... I got the same ones in last month.  They were a post-Christmas present to myself!!  :)

Just two WT 8 yesterday for €29.99 each. ;)

14 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Just two WT 8 yesterday for €29.99 each. ;)

Just bought two WT8 yesterday

8 hours ago, KrispinD said:

Really? Where abouts? Getting tougher to find both around here (Syracuse, NY) but still $23 for OGD and $38 for SAOS when I find it.

Just about every store I go into around here has the SAOS.  That's one of the nice things about living smack dab in the middle of bourbon country.  Don't remember the price though.

11 hours ago, WhereIsMyOldAccount said:

Wow! Those are some definitely high prices. OGD114 around here is around $28 and I picked up some SAOS 7 for $38 online.

Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond, for $28 at Liquor Barn, to take to the bourbon party.
d61b1b5f39c5293b5949b304ad34ba15.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just about every store I go into around here has the SAOS.  That's one of the nice things about living smack dab in the middle of bourbon country.  Don't remember the price though.

Well pick it up now if you like it, because the 7 and 10 year versions are being discontinued. Single barrel will still be made as far as I know.

1 hour ago, KrispinD said:

Well pick it up now if you like it, because the 7 and 10 year versions are being discontinued. Single barrel will still be made as far as I know.

I passed today on SAOS 7 year, Single Barrel 10 Year, and Ten, Contradiction, and Yearling. I guess this should have gone in the "passed" thread not "purchased".

20170211_125813-747x1328.jpg

20170211_125927-747x1328.jpg

6 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Lowest I have paid... 65. Glad to see they didn't raise the price. 

IMG_20170211_114309.jpg

Nice and you got your Surly Darkness too!

8 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Nice and you got your Surly Darkness too!

Far more happy to find a barrel proof 

Edited by Bbstout

8 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Lowest I have paid... 65. Glad to see they didn't raise the price. 

IMG_20170211_114309.jpg

Darkness kicks ass!  Enjoy!  

2 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Far more happy to find a barrel proof 

Yeah, I bet.  But, getting both is a great deal. 

Picked up a Coopers' Craft for $28.99 because there was someone from the distributor there giving free samples and she had a $2 off couple plus a free bottle of Kobel brut with the purchase.  I thought that made it a darn good deal. 

Picked up a Coopers' Craft for $28.99 because there was someone from the distributor there giving free samples and she had a $2 off couple plus a free bottle of Kobel brut with the purchase.  I thought that made it a darn good deal. 

I bought a bottle but won't be replacing it. There are a lot better for the price in my opinion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.