What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I've never tasted the 10 yr before so looking forward to trying it, whenever I get around to cracking it open (have plenty opens at the moment).

It's a nice pour.  I would charecterise it like ER, except without some of the grassy or musty notes we sometimes get with ER.  OC 10 is real easy to drink, nothing unusual about it.  Back when it was still in production, there were too many other interesing things around.  

Edited by PaulO

5 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Before my trip to London, a friend stopped in Paris. Had him stop at La Maison Du Whisky and he picked up a Blanton's SFTB and Blanton's Gold for me. 

Still hoping to find WT13 along the way, as well. 

They are selling the WT13 at The Whisky Exchange in London, but they charge €145 for it. Congrats on the Blanton's. 

Will.

Finally got away from the snowfields of Boston on Sunday (just before the airport instituted a 3 hr. ground hold on all flights @ Logan airport) to a 75 degree day in beautiful Knoxville, TN.  On the recommendation of knoxdoc (many thanks, my friend :D), I managed to get a ride to McScrooge's Liquors to try some of this:

Old Forge 8yr Cask Strength.JPG

Got to try some before I bought any.  Loved it and bought two (2) bottles.  Also found out that Tennessee has a 9+% sales tax.  -_-

Tasting notes in the "What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2017" thread.   But suffice to say, this stuff is great!!!  Will be back before the end of the week @ SEC Swimming Championships to get some to take home.  Thirsty fellow officials have almost finished the first bottle already . . . . . . . . :lol:

Edited by GeeTen
Spelling and grammar corrections, as usual.

Wow, that's great to hear! I am glad I'm not the only one who likes this stuff. Little ol Mcscrooges comes through again! Tax is a little steep but at least you have some of that cask strength old forge to ease the pain. Wish that I had more to offer you GeeTen, maybe next time you are down we will go deep in the bunker and see if there isn't something you need to try. 

Grabbed a stagg jr. 130 proof, 2 WTKS store selects, WTRB and a Barterhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, classacked said:

Not bourbon but grabbed Founders Frootwood beer which was aged in bourbon barrels.

I really liked it, pretty unique.

Went back to B&B in Kingsport to pick up more of the wine Mrs. Hop liked and while there I decided to pick up a couple more of these.  Barrel Select Wheated at 112.1 proof - tried it at the store and will open one of these tonight here at home

WW.JPG

Just now, Hop said:

Went back to B&B in Kingsport to pick up more of the wine Mrs. Hop liked and while there I decided to pick up a couple more of these.  Barrel Select Wheated at 112.1 proof - tried it at the store and will open one of these tonight here at home

WW.JPG

They really seem to be coming into their own, any idea on the age of this one?  

Back label says "5 years in the best charred American Oak barrels" which is what I will go with but for some reason the number 8 yrs sticks in my mind from a conversation with the owner.  But we had a lot of conversations over the past couple of days so I'm sticking with what the label says at 5 years until I verify it to be different.

10 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I really liked it, pretty unique.

I agree. Good stuff. Ended up with a case lol ..

6 minutes ago, Hop said:

Back label says "5 years in the best charred American Oak barrels" which is what I will go with but for some reason the number 8 yrs sticks in my mind from a conversation with the owner.  But we had a lot of conversations over the past couple of days so I'm sticking with what the label says at 5 years until I verify it to be different.

Still nice to see any sort of age statements appearing on the Craft stuff. 

1 hour ago, classacked said:

I agree. Good stuff. Ended up with a case lol ..

I only bought a 4 pack until I could try it. I liked it too. I'm going to try and pick up some more. One store was limiting it to two bottles per customer. The store I bought it from seemed to have plenty.

Edit..just picked up another 4 pack. Also grabbed another BT Bourbon Cream.

Edited by Clueby

16 minutes ago, Hop said:

9 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Still nice to see any sort of age statements appearing on the Craft stuff. 

I would guess that the 5 year statement on the back is probably correct. IIRC, they started distilling in 2009, and their first bottling was done late in 2012. I was there back in June of 2012, and most of the barrels in their (at that time) one, single floor warehouse were designated for their first bottlings, and private purchases by their Wyoming Whiskey Barons.

Cheers! Joe

On 2/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, KrispinD said:

44e45b096a222f9820845adc33fb668c.jpg

Happy Friday!

It seems that great minds think alike!  This is what I picked up on Friday as well.

IMG_0588W.jpg

I bought myself a bottle of Pikesville Rye for a Valentine's Day gift ( which may get me in the doghouse).
6cb759a2677ff96a374b5bb679dd7ffe.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Stopped by one of my regular LS after work today to check for the new ECBP (not yet) and the manager pulled me aside and opened a box containing three 200 ml samples of BT for their barrel selection and poured me a sample from each and asked my opinion! That made my week so I bought a family size OWA. Sitting next to the Wellers were 12 OGD 114's but the State minimum $32.99 makes them a pass...

13 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

This beauty was delivered to me today, I've been searching for this like crazy. 

IMG_8120.JPG

Very nice, that's a good one.

7 hours ago, Hop said:

WW.JPG

So is this really tasting good to you? I had some of their standard product at a bar in Jackson Hole last summer and it didn't do much for me. I'd love to see them come through though since we can use more good quality wheaters.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.