What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Still waiting for :

GTS 16'
Weller 12 x 2
CEHTBP 2016 batch.
Wild Turkey 13 yo export.
WTRB 03' x 4 
John J. Bowman Single Barrel

That's it, I'm not buying anything else for at least a month. My collection is growing to fast for my wife.

IMG_8104.JPG

Lucky you. Great haul.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Lucky you. Great haul.

Thanks. 

Will.

5 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Still waiting for :

GTS 16'

Weller 12 x 2

CEHTBP 2016 batch.

Wild Turkey 13 yo export.

WTRB 03' x 4 

John J. Bowman Single Barrel

That's it, I'm not buying anything else for at least a month. My collection is growing to fast for my wife.

IMG_8104.JPG

Very nice. Are these coming from the US?

2 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

No, the WT is from Italy and the Weller is from France. 

Cool. I was thinking of going on-line to buy some of these bottles that are not available to me in GJ.

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

No, the WT is from Italy and the Weller is from France. 

Did the usual place have more in? I see it's popped up again. 

Just now, beasled said:

Did the usual place have more in? I see it's popped up again. 

Nope, i was my last buy via a Ebay seller, but i suspect him to buy from there. 

2 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Cool. I was thinking of going on-line to buy some of these bottles that are not available to me in GJ.

You should, it's pretty nice.

On 2/3/2017 at 5:53 PM, Kepler said:

I knew the 116 proof was next but I didn't know it was already out.  I haven't seen it in my area yet. I wasn't aware of the different size text on the neck, so thanks for the info. I have a half dozen or so batch # 3RB in my bunker, so I'll have to check mine for differences.

I picked one up this weekend and cracked it last night, side by side with the 112.8, I liked the 112.8 better, not night and day but I may need to pick up a couple more 112.8 before they are gone.

Stopped to get a bottle of wine for the wife's burthday and ended up with another ER10 for the bunker at $28 and another BT Bourbon Cream for $19.99. Passed on AE, Whistlepig, Garrison Bros SB, and Hopslam.

20170207_152247-747x1328.jpg

Picked up 2x ER10 for $26.99 + tax each. That's the best price I see on ER around here anymore

4 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Picked up 2x ER10 for $26.99 + tax each. That's the best price I see on ER around here anymore

Good price.  I see similar, though not quite as low.  10 yr (nearly) single barrel bourbon at that type of pricing is astounding.  We all should tattoo this on our foreheads (and there are other examples from BT and every other legacy distillery) to keep us centered when we get all cranky when they push the envelope in other areas of their businesses.  

17 hours ago, Clueby said:

Stopped to get a bottle of wine for the wife's burthday and ended up with another ER10 for the bunker at $28 and another BT Bourbon Cream for $19.99. Passed on AE, Whistlepig, Garrison Bros SB, and Hopslam.

20170207_152247-747x1328.jpg

The ER is going on sale for about the same price around here. Never seen the Bourbon Cream.

57 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

This arrived today. 

IMG_8105.JPG

Nice. The Turkeys are coming in fast! 

My haul today. The 12 was from TWE yesterday, I guess these later bottlings are still floating around somewhere. 

2017-02-08_1617.png

35 minutes ago, beasled said:

Nice. The Turkeys are coming in fast! 

My haul today. The 12 was from TWE yesterday, I guess these later bottlings are still floating around somewhere. 

2017-02-08_1617.png

It's definitely turkey season, nice haul. The 4R PS and WT8 from an auction I suppose .;) 

22 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

It's definitely turkey season, nice haul. The 4R PS and WT8 from an auction I suppose .;) 

Of course!

I purchased Russell's Reserve 10 so that I can participate in the Bourbon of the Month discussion. I love the labeling on the bottle.
865322b42f8210dc6fb5737783b9204a.jpg

Picked up my new liquor cabinet today and decided another bottle would look good in there so I picked up a bottle of 1792 SB which I haven't opened yet.  Did uncork a bottle Bakers.  Very oakey at first but as it opened up it was a very tasty pour.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

Bought 3X FRPS 9Y4M OBSQ 62.8%.  Bought one and took it to a Super Bowl party - originally for the host and I to share - took a day off from the diet.  Just a full bore, caramel and vanilla bomb.  No sign of heat.  Great mouth feel and finish.  Everyone saw us going gaga (sorry) over it and it was gone by the end of half-time.  These barrels go fast, so I had to get some for the bunker.  The gods of the cult are smiling.

1 hour ago, El Vino said:

Bought 3X FRPS 9Y4M OBSQ 62.8%.  Bought one and took it to a Super Bowl party - originally for the host and I to share - took a day off from the diet.  Just a full bore, caramel and vanilla bomb.  No sign of heat.  Great mouth feel and finish.  Everyone saw us going gaga (sorry) over it and it was gone by the end of half-time.  These barrels go fast, so I had to get some for the bunker.  The gods of the cult are smiling.

The cult approves of this message.

Bought my first bottle of Henry McKenna BiB at a whiskey tasting hosted by a local Heaven Hill rep. Can't wait to crack this one open!

2 hours ago, emr454 said:

Bought my first bottle of Henry McKenna BiB at a whiskey tasting hosted by a local Heaven Hill rep. Can't wait to crack this one open!

One of my absolute favorites...I'm hoping that this one sticks around as an age stated bargain. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.