What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yesterday I decided to pick up a couple daily sippers/mixers. Grabbed a JB Double Oak and a bottle of Ezra Brooks 90. I've never had the EB90, but I guess I'm still a sucker for a new label and a cork. Finally decided to give it a try and see what I think.

Edited by BDanner

1 btl Elijah Craig NAS (new bottle design) @ $19.99

Great price

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Great price

If I had bought 6 would have been $17.99 per but couldn't justify...

14 hours ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

1 btl Elijah Craig NAS (new bottle design) @ $19.99

Very nice price, never seen it that cheap.

5 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Have not seen that around for quite some time. Enjoy!

I will, thx.

Will.

2 minutes ago, KrispinD said:

Oh yeah? Where do you think?

The last place I saw any OGD114 was Liquor Warehouse on State St. I bought two on Monday and left two on the shelf.

Edited by emr454

Wisconsin business trip haul.  Two 1792 FP; one HMcKBIB10YR; and a store pick (Discount Liquors) J Henry Patton Road Reserve Cask Strength (5 Year Old whiskey).  Y'all know plenty about the first two -- I'll weigh in with notes (my sketchy attempt at 'em anyway) on the J Henry.

IMG_3056.JPG

The last place I saw any OGD114 was Liquor Warehouse on State St. I bought two on Monday and left two on the shelf.

Ha! Right you are. I've seen it at Harborview as well, but not the last time I was there.

Wisconsin business trip haul.  Two 1792 FP; one HMcKBIB10YR; and a store pick (Discount Liquors) J Henry Patton Road Reserve Cask Strength (5 Year Old whiskey).  Y'all know plenty about the first two -- I'll weigh in with notes (my sketchy attempt at 'em anyway) on the J Henry.
IMG_3056.thumb.JPG.522909168aa88e914afd539b0202d121.JPG

That looks like a successful business trip.

I'm sitting in the parking lot....just stumbled across a bunch of Old Taylor 6yr.  Is there a specific time period this pour this was great?  "Distilled and bottled by Old Taylor Frankfort-Clermont" on the back.

IMG_0482.thumb.JPG.56564b1a70663b01e8e7caecf6d8034c.JPG

Edit - Well, I bought a 750 to try and it's pretty bad.   They had handles of FC 6yr too but $39.99 :mellow:

Edited by Nm0369

I'm sitting in the parking lot....just stumbled across a bunch of Old Taylor 6yr.  Is there a specific time period this pour this was great?  "Distilled and bottled by Old Taylor Frankfort-Clermont" on the back.
IMG_0482.thumb.JPG.56564b1a70663b01e8e7caecf6d8034c.JPG
 Edit - Well, I bought a 750 to try and it's pretty bad.   They had handles of FC 6yr too but $39.99 :mellow:

Ever tried that Ancient Age?

18 minutes ago, KrispinD said:

To me, that stuff on the bottom shelf is for mixing drinks only.

31 minutes ago, KrispinD said:

I haven't and don't know much about it.  There obviously weren't any tax strip bottles of I would have snagged them.  Now that I'm home and got the OT into a glass, it's not bad.  The nose is actually quite nice.  I don't drink much below 100 proof, but can appreciate it for what it is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.