What Bottle Did You Open Today? Winter 2016/2017

RocAFella1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While stocking my new liquor cabinet I had a pour of Bakers.  Oakey at first but really opened up later.  

bakers_bourbon_whiskey.jpg

Im trying this one for the first time, another great old product from Wild Turkey. Extremely enjoyable, still prefer the 12 vesrion.

Cheer!

Will.

IMG_8106.JPG

Just now, Masset1982 said:

Im trying this one for the first time, another great old product from Wild Turkey. Extremely enjoyable, still prefer the 12 vesrion.

Cheer!

Will.

IMG_8106.JPG

Never saw that one before. Definitely sounds like a decent pour. How much did it cast, if you don't mind me asking?

11 minutes ago, emr454 said:

Never saw that one before. Definitely sounds like a decent pour. How much did it cast, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind at all, €65 + delivery €12. I think it's an export only. 

IMG_8107.PNG

I'd be interested in the cost too. I enjoy WT, so this bottle interests me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I'd be interested in the cost too. I enjoy WT, so this bottle interests me.

8 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I don't mind at all, €65 + delivery €12. I think it's an export only. 

IMG_8107.PNG

I've priced it out at the Whiskey Exchange its about $130 for the bottle and $40 for shipping, and yeah this isn't available in the US

Bought a few of these some months ago and just opened the first one. Sourced? Yes but still a solid pour for $50 or less

d093b2350026a3cecd522186a32b1ea6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspired by my reading on this site, I've had my palate fixated on trying OGD114 for a while now.  Finally stopped in the local Va ABC store and found it for a reasonable $23.  Yes, that first sip is hot but it settles in right nicely after that.  Straightbourbon paying dividends for me already.  

Popped an OF BIB

IMG_0507.thumb.JPG.2d3a486961a77142a0e725b3595e45d3.JPG

Great picture!

1 hour ago, Hop said:

Bought a few of these some months ago and just opened the first one. Sourced? Yes but still a solid pour for $50 or less

d093b2350026a3cecd522186a32b1ea6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been impressed with the few OKI's that I've tasted.  Pretty comparable to SAOS and a little cheaper.  

Decided to have a sip while watching some basketball tonight.

Larceny_bottle_big.png

First noted cinnamon.  Sweet at the start and some spice at the end.

OF1920.  Just took my first sip with a bit of water to get it to a little less than 100 proof.  Still seems a bit hot.  But I think the nose is less alcohol-y than the OF Sig.  I'll play with this for awhile.  Decided to open it tonight to see if I should pick up another bottle while out and about tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, dcbt said:

OF1920.  Just took my first sip with a bit of water to get it to a little less than 100 proof.  Still seems a bit hot.  But I think the nose is less alcohol-y than the OF Sig.  I'll play with this for awhile.  Decided to open it tonight to see if I should pick up another bottle while out and about tomorrow.

Quoting myself since it won't let me edit. But after sitting for awhile, this is very enjoyable. Nice, thick mouthfeel without being to the point of syrupy.

Henry McKenna SB10 BiB.  The nose on this one is amazing, and I'm not one to usually  rave about a bourbon's nose.  The palate is exquisite.  Definitely a keeper.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, Masset1982 said:

Cheer!

Will.

IMG_8106.JPG

I live next door to Kentucky and I'm jealous of all the great bourbon you get. Some amazing bottles you are posting. You've just about convinced that rather than hop in my car for my next hunt I need to step on a plane. 

Tonight I open this Evan Williams Single Barrel.
cd5bd83a5a7eeb1ca69b3a819417d26b.jpg

14 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Tonight I open this Evan Williams Single Barrel.
cd5bd83a5a7eeb1ca69b3a819417d26b.jpg

OldFitz, wondering what your thoughts were about the EW Single Barrel.  Doing the EW Experience next Saturday.

17 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I live next door to Kentucky and I'm jealous of all the great bourbon you get. Some amazing bottles you are posting. You've just about convinced that rather than hop in my car for my next hunt I need to step on a plane. 

Hi, 

I'm sure you have access to some bottles that i can't find in Europe, like Four Roses private selection, barrel bourbon, etc. The good side of Europe is, you can buy a lots of stuff via online stores, the bad side is the price, usually, it's twice sometimes more than US retail prices. Like they say, you can have it all. How much are the shipping costs to US ?

Will

OldFitz, wondering what your thoughts were about the EW Single Barrel.  Doing the EW Experience next Saturday.

EW Single Barrel is one of my favorites, especially for the price. I had some 2004 and 2008 last night. Both are delicious. EW Single Barrel, Henry McKenna BIB, and Elijah Craig seem like fabulous bargains to my taste buds. Let us know what you think of the Evan Williams Experience.

34 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

EW Single Barrel is one of my favorites, especially for the price. I had some 2004 and 2008 last night. Both are delicious. EW Single Barrel, Henry McKenna BIB, and Elijah Craig seem like fabulous bargains to my taste buds. Let us know what you think of the Evan Williams Experience.

Will definitely report on my EW Experience.  Thanks for the info on the EW Single Barrel.  Going to make an entire weekend of it.  U of L men's game on Saturday, EW Experience, dinner at Bistro 301, Broadway Series Play at Kentucky Center, U of L Women's game on Sunday.  My wonderful kids got us a night at the Galt House for that night.  Planning on sampling a few bourbons since I don't have to drive.

Happy to say I've opened my first bottle of HHBiB 6yr.  I need to carve out a space in the bunker for this while I can.  At $11 a bottle I approve. :lol:

17 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Happy to say I've opened my first bottle of HHBiB 6yr.  I need to carve out a space in the bunker for this while I can.  At $11 a bottle I approve. :lol:

The HH6 is a darned good bourbon. If I were you, I'd carve out a big space and buy at least a couple more. ;)

Cheers! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.