What Bottle Did You Open Today? Winter 2016/2017

RocAFella1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I opened my father-in-law's Woodford Reserve Rye and will have a glass with spaghetti.
2df5921edb678106f62bcae39edb3594.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dcbt said:

Decided to open this Stitzel-Weller big jug just because it's about time, been thinking about it for awhile...

IMG_20170220_152638.jpg

I'm no Weller whore, but I'm slightly jealous of that jug of Weller. Hope you enjoy it for a long time!

2 hours ago, dcbt said:

Decided to open this Stitzel-Weller big jug just because it's about time, been thinking about it for awhile...

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Dick said:

I'm no Weller whore, but I'm slightly jealous of that jug of Weller. Hope you enjoy it for a long time!

I am a Weller whore, but I'm slightly jealous too. :) Like Dick said, hope you enjoy it for a long time. 

Cheers! Joe

Opened up a newly acquired bottle (today) of Abraham Bowman Release 15 Gingerbread Cocoa Finished Bourbon.  It was good, but it became great when I  followed up that pour with a pour of EWSB2004.  The contrast was unbelievable.  The EWSB2004 was muted, tasted like musty woody bourbon compared to the ABGingerbread.  The EWSB2004 tasted good by its lonesome the few times I had pours from it.  A big thumbs-up for the ABGingerbread finished bourbon.

I opened up my first bottle of Knob Creek. I went ahead and bought one since they had a 9 year old on the shelf.

That black wax made a little bit of a mess when I opened it.

4098e5134588f1a959228423b3f1ebae.jpg

Opened a couple of 4RPS's today:

OBSO - 11 years and 6 months - 56.2% - Binny's 

OESO - 11 years and 3 months - 51.9% - Bay Ridge Wine & Spirits

Really enjoyed both of these.

Took a break from bourbon last night to try a new one. RUA American Single Malt. 100% barley. It was young, but tasty. 

IMG_3181.JPG

Well this is me joining in, just opened a bottle I got for my birthday this week, Michter's Single Barrel Rye. I must say it's very enjoyable!

16832041_10154397884032965_7922433199451927142_n.jpg

Picked this up on sale for $17, marked down from $35. Im tasting a lot butterscotch with a thick mouth feel and little heat. What a surprise, very good for 80 proof. Tempted to go back for another bottle as it seems they are trying get rid of em.

DSC_0253.JPG

Not exactly bourbon but just tried the first pour from a bottle of the new release of High West Bourye. Decent pour, certainly showing the Indiana rye component quite a bit. I like MGP rye so that works but this might be a bit overpriced for what it is

Wild Turkey Rare Breed always brings a smile to my face. It mixes well with February thunderstorms.
6ebf416e5f7a0be7d2c2d07d19d62ba7.jpg

9 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Wild Turkey Rare Breed always brings a smile to my face. It mixes well with February thunderstorms.
6ebf416e5f7a0be7d2c2d07d19d62ba7.jpg

Neat pictureB) Rare breed is a favorite.

Friday was such a great day that I decided to treat myself by opening a CEHT Warehouse C Tornado. I absolutely love the little bit of butterscotch in the nose, reminds me of some of the old, old dusties people have been kind enough to share with me. 

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Friday was such a great day that I decided to treat myself by opening a CEHT Warehouse C Tornado. I absolutely love the little bit of butterscotch in the nose, reminds me of some of the old, old dusties people have been kind enough to share with me. 

"You're killin' me Smalls!" 

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I saw one of these once over a year ago.  I passed at over $100.  I think I made a mistake.  I may never know.  Life is like that.

Cracked open a SAOS SiB, 10 yr 60.6 ABV and a Barrel Pick of RRSiB. 

SBS of above ongoing as we speak. Details to follow

11 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Never seen a Warehouse C, but my earliest purchases of EHT SiB and SmB, about 3-4 years ago, had that butterscotch thing going one. Ever since then? Nada.

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Cracked open a SAOS SiB, 10 yr 60.6 ABV and a Barrel Pick of RRSiB. 

SBS of above ongoing as we speak. Details to follow

Well for tonight anyway, the SAOS wins.  Surprising to me, being that I am a WT fan and always appreciate the RRSiB.  The RRSiB just seemed a little thin and a tab bit heavy on the oak.  I will test these again, soon.

Until next time, Cheers...

Today I open a bottle of Very Old Barton Bottled in Bond.

cb5614ad80634859c5bdbc492772e123.jpg

Opened the ECBP A117 last night... drier than the last batch. Not much sweetness at all. Oak & leather right up front and a shorter finish. Not at all the flavor bomb that batch 12 was. Still good, but I think batch 12 set the bar pretty high, at least for me...

d43ef84d20943c7c0dcf851b38ef19f9.jpg

I just broke the seal on this tonight. Found the alcohol strong on the nose but the finish was incredibly long to my amateur senses!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.