Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off this "Oven Buster Batch" for the season finale of GoT. It's a great bottle at $50, but hard to pull the trigger on one now that it's $70 and Stagg Jr is easily available at $50.  Luckily I still have one in the bunker. 

IMG_0070.JPG

Bottle of Stagg Jr. hitting the empty bin tonight. The empty bottles are starting to pill up the past few days. Sad to see them go...but that means I get to open new bottles!!!

1 hour ago, elmossle said:

Bottle of Stagg Jr. hitting the empty bin tonight. The empty bottles are starting to pill up the past few days. Sad to see them go...but that means I get to open new bottles!!!

The same phenomenon has been happening here at Casa de PG. HMcKBiB, baby Saz, and ER10 all went to the recycling tub. Time to get ready for a restock mission.

Finished up the last couple pours of this Belle Meade Sour Mash SB store pick. Really good pick. Thank goodness I have a few more bunkered. 

Also emptied my OF1920 a few nights ago. Found a new appreciation for this with a bit of ice. 

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

11 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Said goodbye to a really good store pick.

IMG_6499.JPG

Something about this picture that makes me want some ER. I finished my first bottle about 3 weeks ago.

Warning! Don't be alarmed at the pic. :huh: I went through my plethora (love that word) of empty bottles that I had stashed in the nooks and crannies of my liquor cabinet. Some of these bottles I've had for a number of years. I finally came to the conclusion that I no longer needed 20 or 25 empties for samples and decanting. :rolleyes: I kept a little over half, but the rest are now headed to the big blue bin. Actually, I probably kept a few more than I should have. For sentimental reasons, I just can't bring myself to get rid of my empty SBHHSS bottles. A number of folks here worked very hard to make those bottlings happen. I consider myself lucky to have been able to help out with them, even if it was only in a small way.

Cheers! Joe

mt.jpeg

Polished off a bottle of 1792FP SP last night. This bottle was truly enjoyed over the course of a couple of weeks. Also polished off the last two pours out of a bottle of EHTSB that's been open for close to a year. 

Finished this one off tonight.  I often find WR to be uninteresting, but occasionally I crave its unusual taste profile.  Not often, though.  But, I have grown more and more fond of WRDO -- that's a much more compelling pour IMHO.

Woodford.jpg

Warning! Don't be alarmed at the pic. :huh: I went through my plethora (love that word) of empty bottles that I had stashed in the nooks and crannies of my liquor cabinet. Some of these bottles I've had for a number of years. I finally came to the conclusion that I no longer needed 20 or 25 empties for samples and decanting. :rolleyes: I kept a little over half, but the rest are now headed to the big blue bin. Actually, I probably kept a few more than I should have. For sentimental reasons, I just can't bring myself to get rid of my empty SBHHSS bottles. A number of folks here worked very hard to make those bottlings happen. I consider myself lucky to have been able to help out with them, even if it was only in a small way.

Cheers! Joe
mt.jpeg.41ba0a4063c04f403d0805956093e22a.jpeg

That's evidence of some very nice bourbon having been consumed over time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another bottle of EC12 was polished off tonight. Sadly I didn't get started on it that long ago. The cabinet is getting a little empty these days. Just means a trip downstairs is in order.

Finished this one off with Mrs. Swamp while obsessing over the tropical weather news.  The woody taste of the WRDO seemed just right tonight.

WRDO.jpg

These are getting harder to find in my area, but I decided to polish off this bottle since I did find a replacement for it this week.

IMG_6544.JPG

3 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Good timing at least - less than a week out, eh! :D 

You betcha, Country!  They're always on my Bluegrass Radar.  :lol:

Knocked over these two Beam Brothers. 

The Baker's I opened not long ago which I really enjoyed, and the Booker's 2014-06 which is an old favorite.

WIN_20170908_210403.JPG

25 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Knocked over these two Beam Brothers. 

The Baker's I opened not long ago which I really enjoyed, and the Booker's 2014-06 which is an old favorite.

WIN_20170908_210403.JPG

That Booker's  2014-06 is some good stuff! I've got one bottle left and it's due for a spot in the rotation soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.