Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Meh.  Bought on sale and will not buy again.  
IMG_6670.thumb.JPG.09a2a9d1444d2a3d96bd79f47efa265a.JPG

Nasa is or was selling 375s for $16 was going to bite but I'll pass after seeing this.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Nasa is or was selling 375s for $16 was going to bite but I'll pass after seeing this.

16 for those 375's is a steal, if you love MMCS

16 for those 375's is a steal, if you love MMCS

Not a fan of Makers but figured I'd give the cask strength a shot. However will likely pass.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Not a fan of Makers but figured I'd give the cask strength a shot. However will likely pass.

MMCS is better than standard MM but it's still MM. In my tasting notes I think I put MM at 7/10 and MMCS at 7.5/10. So yeah, I would say pass unless you're already a fan of Makers. $16 is a good price though.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, HoustonNit said:

I really enjoyed my bottle of MMCS.  It had good viscosity, hits all the notes I expect with a Wheated Bourbon.

A very enjoyable pour. It is reasonable in price & can be found routinely. 

It is different in profile than Weller,  so I try to enjoy each on their own qualities.

Of course YMMV

I really enjoyed my bottle of MMCS.  It had good viscosity, hits all the notes I expect with a Wheated Bourbon.
A very enjoyable pour. It is reasonable in price & can be found routinely. 
It is different in profile than Weller,  so I try to enjoy each on their own qualities.
Of course YMMV

I just might just bite the bullet, thanks.

Really enjoyed this 375ML from WB the in site liquor store for Costco in Texas. Much better than there ER10 they brought in at the same time.

9883f39c6d6070793a3c5a4258c0f17f.jpg

22 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I just might just bite the bullet, thanks.

For the price your talking it's worth the shot, I'm not a fan of MM or MMCS but I like a Manhattan made with MMCS

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Really enjoyed this 375ML from WB the in site liquor store for Costco in Texas.

They make 375ml's of BT

They make 375ml's of BT

Wish they didn't. WB only bought 375s for there recent barrel selects of BT and ER. Wish they had 375s.

Enjoyed this one over the last few months!!1ac41ff88eb34db023280da9046f77ca.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gone are bottles of OWA, Weller Sr and Weller 12. 

Joe

On 10/2/2017 at 8:53 PM, kevinbrink said:

For the price your talking it's worth the shot, I'm not a fan of MM or MMCS but I like a Manhattan made with MMCS

Another use of MMCS (which I do not particularly love by itself) is to mix it 50:50 with Weller 12.  The result is far better tasting than either alone.  It is one of those "one provides the extra proof and the other provides the depth of taste."  Nice discovery.

This makes me look bad since I finished these all off today and yesterday, but each had minuscule amounts left and in fact I planned it this way, to knock off several bottles in one fell swoop: Bookers, 1792FP, TX Bourbon, Stagg Jr, and OGD114.  Out with the old, in with the new!

• I like it 1

I know this expression isn't as popular but I really enjoy it. Got two more stashed away.  Looking forward to the new release, though I like the style of bottle below. 

IMG_3264.JPG

Final pour from a 9 yr 2 mo OESO that got better and better after opening back in early spring. 

IMG_0072.JPG

23 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I know this expression isn't as popular but I really enjoy it. Got two more stashed away.  Looking forward to the new release, though I like the style of bottle below. 

IMG_3264.JPG

I'm a fan of all the Rare Breeds!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.