Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished this one earlier in the week it's going in the bin. I'm glad I tried it. It has an interesting nose but don't care for the finish and palate, too much Barton Fink.

I don't see myself buying backups.

151f277c8cf4b7b7a6af4c58204ae596.jpg

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Anyone ever wonder why there's way more posts in the purchase bragfest vs. the empty bottle thread?

ha.  I get what you're saying, but for me at least what I purchase is often replacing what I finished so it seems redundant.  (Even moreso if posting what I'm drinking, then finishing, then purchasing...)

14 minutes ago, dcbt said:

ha.  I get what you're saying, but for me at least what I purchase is often replacing what I finished so it seems redundant.  (Even moreso if posting what I'm drinking, then finishing, then purchasing...)

I call bs Bryce. <_<  Most of us are familiar with the one step forward, two steps back routine. Finish one bottle, buy two.  :lol:

Cheers! Joe

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I call bs Bryce. <_<  Most of us are familiar with the one step forward, two steps back routine. Finish one bottle, buy two.  :lol:

Cheers! Joe

I know that's right!  I was so proud of my bunker dwindling earlier this year, but now it's swelled to its highest level ever. 

Polished these off tonight.  2 delicious store picks from the same store, True Spirits.

IMG_6634.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

Edited by NDN98

56 minutes ago, Dango said:

This has been a real favorite for me, I think its the best I'v had yet for my palate. 

I'm with you in appreciating CEHT SmB.  A really fine Bourbon.

1 minute ago, Swamp55 said:

For sure. for me its like a piece of pecan pie, with vanilla ice cream. A thick mouth feel also. Had to learn to go slow with this one. I would drink it fast because I couldn't get enough of the taste. Thank god I got another.

Stagg Jr Batch #8 bit the dust here tonight. Only a small pour left, so I finished 'er off. ;)

Cheers! Joe

12 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Meh.  Bought on sale and will not buy again.  

IMG_6670.JPG

At least you only bought 1 I bought two, may have to just gift bottle no 2.

On 9/24/2017 at 7:09 PM, Swamp55 said:

One of my favorites and also what I finished off tonight!

IMAG1780.jpg

Overpriced?

-yes

Was it good?

-yes

Will I get another?

-only if it's on sale for cheap.

Lots of delicious cinnamon on this one (think big red gum) coupled with a nice long burning down the throat.  I've quite enjoyed this.

:)

IMAG2390_1.jpg

Edited by 0895

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Overpriced?

-yes

Was it good?

-yes

Will I get another?

-only if it's on sale for cheap.

Lots of delicious cinnamon on this one (think big red gum) coupled with a nice long burning down the throat.  I've quite enjoyed this.

IMAG2390_1.jpg

I do like that since it is overpriced, they put out the 375ml bottles.  at least we get to try it without spending $80+ 

2 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

I do like that since it is overpriced, they put out the 375ml bottles.  at least we get to try it without spending $80+ 

There were some stores trying to get more than that for the 375s!

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

True.

And I think they are still in stock.

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

that is just nutz

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

True.

And I think they are still in stock.

I saw it at total wine for ~$42 plenty on the shelf.

Knocked this down the other night, so I get to play. On to the next contestant! (My first pic. Sure hope I did this right. )

20170929_090539.jpg

• I like it 2

Just finished off my first VOB BIB with "100 Proof Crafted" on the neck label instead of "6" or "6 years old".  Truth be told, I started this one when I had about 3/4 of my standard OGD BIB remaining and finished this one while I have about 1/3 of that OGD left.  I guess that means the VOB holds up well even with the label change.  OR, I was thirsty.  OR, I lack good taste.  Whatever, I shall buy more.

Knocked this down the other night, so I get to play. On to the next contestant! (My first pic. Sure hope I did this right. )
20170929_090539.thumb.jpg.912afc2d2de21ebc4ed0ece9d0fd5406.jpg

Pic of a solid bottom shelfer came out fine.

Looks like Elmer might be next.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.