Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recently said adieu to a couple of old friends.2189a3727ca327809f6c798bda131444.jpg0fc17719092583f15221a006b69a4594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finished off a Blantons BP.  I'm glad I got a bottle (and a spare), but I won't seek this out again.  It drinks super hot and there are bettter barrel proffers out there for much less money

77e198752753001dd66fd923e104115f.jpg

I hate it when the dog gets into the good stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, lrochau said:

When you and a couple friends hit the trifecta in the Derby, a unicorn must die!

Wow! How many combinations did you have to bet to hit that trifecta? Because that was pretty long odds for place and show!

If you predicted that combination that may be more rare than the dusty bottle of 10/101 Eagle Rare!

5 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Wow! How many combinations did you have to bet to hit that trifecta? Because that was pretty long odds for place and show!

If you predicted that combination that may be more rare than the dusty bottle of 10/101 Eagle Rare!

Went 4 x 7 x 10.  Not gonna lie, Battalion runner was one of last ones on ticket.  The ER was great way to cap off an awesome day.  

Pikesville Rye bit the dust tonight.  Very tasty, will probably get another

IMG_3466.thumb.JPG.bacf5662e5cd421310f2eef56bc785b5.JPG

Will be empty in a few minutes!

Would you buy another?

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Would you buy another?

Yes. This one is very unique. It showcases what a younger bourbon can bring to the table. Rich & Full of Flavor!

Jeff

I will likely get another one of these. Very good. It is readily available pretty much everywhere so not one I need to worry about bunkering...for now anyway.

20170511_210658-756x1008.jpg

On 5/9/2017 at 7:43 PM, jvd99 said:

Finished off a Blantons BP.  I'm glad I got a bottle (and a spare), but I won't seek this out again.  It drinks super hot and there are bettter barrel proffers out there for much less money

THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only person who didn't care much for it.

Sent a bottle of HH6yrBIB to the garage bin this even. There was not much left, so I figured it was time to sending it packing to another life. Glad there is plenty more of it in the bunker.

Sent a bottle of RHF out last night - I hate how hard this has become to find...

Finished an Old Fitzgerald 12 year last night.  I'm guessing this is one of those I'll never get again...at least not for a pretty penny.  I'm not all broken up over it though as I liked it well enough, but even at 30 bucks (or whatever I paid for it) I'd probably pass most of the time.

Finished off a Decades today. It's a very good bourbon, but I like the 17y better. 

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.77af63ad6beeb4088b26efd3256e4850.JPG

Bad news: There's only one left in the bunker. :(

Good news: ETL took its place on the back bar. :)

IMG_1690.JPG

"Blantons" Didn't exactly finish it but about a third a bottle went into the solera. Blantons needed drank and solera needed calmed down. Tasting the excellent decision now. Picture was over mb limit and bottles already in recycling. Sooooo yeh

4d98fa53945e6c74bd030e2f7be1fdf9.jpg

Love/Hate relationship with this one.

I love the juice and hate that I don't have a regular supply of it.

BT and Stagg jr batch #6 were relegated to the big blue bin. I finished the Stagg jr a while back. There was was only a couple of small pours left in the BT, so I finished it off tonight.

Cheers! Joe

4d98fa53945e6c74bd030e2f7be1fdf9.jpg

Love/Hate relationship with this one.

I love the juice and hate that I don't have a regular supply of it.

Is that Japan only? Wondering if you can get this in Europe?

Better question what's all the juice on the shelf. Looks like someone likes HH.

Is that Japan only? Wondering if you can get this in Europe?

Better question what's all the juice on the shelf. Looks like someone likes HH.

It is Japan only.

I like HH but also BT, 4R, WT, etc... etc... etc...

Well killed this one. Not too much of a shocker but this in my top 5 everyday pours.

de8650752f90b6e85c1dc897957d63f0.jpg

No fear just pulled another. This one was actually the last of a pour from a old label 1.75L that I was putting into the new 750ML bottle. It'll be interesting if I notice any difference.

d88d65300e6adca561481bb617eac3df.jpg

d9b4d26666c2941cc965809398fdcd3a.jpg

It took me a while to finish, but it was consistently satisfying!

Well I'm glad to finish this one off, OFSig. Glad I tried it but I won't be purchasing another.

cf643f54b171a573f6d4fda0f5fb85e6.jpg

It has an interesting nose like banana Laffy Taffy or something. Finish is horrible hot and young but not in a barely legal way. I'd be interested in trying an OF product that was age stated 8+ but until then.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.