Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It is kinda' tasty, yes?  I was tempted to stop in Connecticut on my way to Brooklyn today to get another OGD to finish off an unopened bottle of WSR.  But the wife reminded me that we're going to the Breuckelen Distillery for a private tour with Brad Estabrooke this afternoon.  Oh well, guess the WSR will stay in the bunker for another spell.   B)

Nothing sophisticated or anything but easy sipping and as you stated tasty.

Just looked up the distillery your going to. How many distilleries are there in Brooklyn?

13 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Nothing sophisticated or anything but easy sipping and as you stated tasty.

Just looked up the distillery your going to. How many distilleries are there in Brooklyn?

There are a bunch of distilleries now.  Breukelen started in 2010 as the first, as I understand.  Got a lot of info and pics (and some inside lead on an up coming BIB Bourbon) that I'll post when I get back to Beantown on Monday.  But I got to see the operation, talk 1-on-1 to Brad Estabrooke (great guy, BTW) and sample some of his wares.  A bottle of his 77 Rye and Corn (that I bought, BTW!) is coming home with me for my deck whiskey to watch sunsets in my Yeti for the rest of the summer.   :D

Now if I can just dry out from the 3.0 inches of rain that fell on us today . . . . . . .  :wacko: 

3a4849041526a682df9b1bf931e12669.jpg
FINALLY! !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2017 at 5:38 AM, GeeTen said:

It is kinda' tasty, yes?  I was tempted to stop in Connecticut on my way to Brooklyn today to get another OGD to finish off an unopened bottle of WSR.  But the wife reminded me that we're going to the Breuckelen Distillery for a private tour with Brad Estabrooke this afternoon.  Oh well, guess the WSR will stay in the bunker for another spell.   B)

On 5/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, HoustonNit said:

Thanks to the SB blend of OGD and WSR finally found a tasty option to kill off a straggler of WSR. I really, really like OWA but can't wasn't a fan of WSR. Glad to get this off the shelf, will replace with more OWA.

What is the ratio on this blend?  Sounds like some weird stuff I'd like to try...

What is the ratio on this blend?  Sounds like some weird stuff I'd like to try...

Just 1:1 or at least that's what I've been doing.

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Just 1:1 or at least that's what I've been doing.

Moi aussi!   :D

Here's one I'm actually going to miss. Really enjoyed this one. At least I have another cask strength at 49.7%.

46af9f45ab00ffa2fcf804eaaa62f91d.jpg

Here's one I'm actually going to miss. Really enjoyed this one. At least I have another cask strength at 49.7%.

46af9f45ab00ffa2fcf804eaaa62f91d.jpg

Yep, those are fantastic. Thanks for keeping the turtle around!!

Yep, those are fantastic. Thanks for keeping the turtle around!!

Kept the turtle just for you.

This got so much better as I drank it down... Then I found myself unable to put it down.

IMAG1973.jpg

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

This got so much better as I drank it down... Then I found myself unable to put it down.

IMAG1973.jpg

It's down now.  Well done sir.

10 hours ago, mfly86 said:

9d3ae2e91ea017357fd91a568c1c85f5.jpg

Camping trip killed this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a great camping trip.

That looks like a great camping trip.

We had a great time and everyone survived. Now back to reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished some cooking and this.

CEHT SmB

e5865e90b07ce4d74424153b5660caca.jpg

I won't need any support for this one. I'm glad I tried it, it's not bad but there's so many others in it's price range or less I prefer.

31 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Just finished some cooking and this.

CEHT SmB

I won't need any support for this one. I'm glad I tried it, it's not bad but there's so many others in it's price range or less I prefer.

Funny, I've tried most of the CEHT's over the years and small batch is the only one I care about...and buy over and over.  Different strokes.....Love this hobby.  Next time, if you need help getting rid of it, let me know. :)

Funny, I've tried most of the CEHT's over the years and small batch is the only one I care about...and buy over and over.  Different strokes.....Love this hobby.  Next time, if you need help getting rid of it, let me know. [emoji4]

Ha if we all had the same taste a place like this wouldn't exist. It's nice to hear from a fan of the SmB that the other CEHT aren't that great. A few less bottles I need to chase.

I don't think I'll have another bottle I need to get rid of. If you however have some ER10 or OWA you need help with let me know.

It's a pretty bottle was thinking about keeping it around for a solera or an emergency bottle for something with a broken cork or something. Decided though my bottle of OFSig which is next on my hit list is a better option. It's the perfect height and has a plastic screw cap.

When you and a couple friends hit the trifecta in the Derby, a unicorn must die!

image.jpeg

What a wonderful rye.706274615e2979c857db9ef0520861d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, lrochau said:

When you and a couple friends hit the trifecta in the Derby, a unicorn must die!

Congrats on the trifecta. Ooooooooooooh on the ER 10/101. ^_^

1 hour ago, lrochau said:

image.jpeg

You hit the trifecta? Nice!!!

You can replace that unicorn multiple times over with those winnings.

image.thumb.jpeg.74803ac133c08faff91774047bf5d4dc.jpeg

Too bad your luck didn't extend to hockey...

image.thumb.jpeg.74803ac133c08faff91774047bf5d4dc.jpeg

Nice bottle and nice hit. Hope you still have a few of those handles you posted.

Last night was especially sad as I bid adieu to both an especially tasty bottle of HMcK 10 Yr and a bottle of OWA, both with about a pour and a half in them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.