Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No picture but an er10 made the journey to the recycle bin last night

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think I should start a. "finally this one is over thread".

I'm sure this one was better a few years ago but didn't impress me much. It was better towards the end but not enough to justify another bottle.

Rowan's Creek

20f0712aeadb47d2a7bd30ece809f912.jpg

All I have to say is bye!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAmR5JBUOPA]

Please let me know if the video link doesn't work.

I'm sure this one was better a few years ago but didn't impress me much. It was better towards the end but not enough to justify another bottle.

Rowan's Creek

Thanks for including the turtle!! If u didn't care for the rowans creek (and I didn't either) save your money and stay away from noahs mill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks for including the turtle!! If u didn't care for the rowans creek (and I didn't either) save your money and stay away from noahs mill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Didn't care for RC, I mean I didn't dump it down the sink but glad it's done. I don't intend to buy anything else from these guys. There's so many other products from established distillers I'd like to try.

Four Roses Single Barrel . . . Warehouse EN, Barrel No. 37-4E . . . 100 proof deliciousness.   I think I'll have another.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I liked the WTMK 17 better.  Even tried them sbs at a tasting last week.  This was good, but I won't be laying any of these away in the bunker, except for the one extra I have on hand (due to a gift card)

IMG_0691.JPG

Bye bye 2015, hello 2016! This last pour is unbelievable, lots of barrel char on the bottom of the bottle, you can't see it on the picture but the color is darker than usual. What a great bottle, I'm a little sad to see this one go. 

Cheers! 

Will.

IMG_8313.JPG

26 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Bye bye 2015, hello 2016! This last pour is unbelievable, lots of barrel char on the bottom of the bottle, you can't see it on the picture but the color is darker than usual. What a great bottle, I'm a little sad to see this one go. 

Cheers! 

Will.

IMG_8313.JPG

Little early for the heavy stuff, no? haha! 

Enjoy!! 

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Little early for the heavy stuff, no? haha! 

Enjoy!! 

Haha, it's never too early for that, had a tough day at work, i needed something strong.

I'm still enjoying (savoring ) it ! 

Thanks.

Cheers! 

Will.

45 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Haha, it's never too early for that, had a tough day at work, i needed something strong.

I'm still enjoying (savoring ) it ! 

Thanks.

Cheers! 

Will.

Fully justified then!!

Cheers

8 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers! 

Will.

IMG_8313.JPG

As they say - next up!

On 4/30/2017 at 7:22 PM, jvd99 said:

I think I'm in the minority here, but I liked the WTMK 17 better.  Even tried them sbs at a tasting last week.  This was good, but I won't be laying any of these away in the bunker, except for the one extra I have on hand (due to a gift card)

IMG_0691.JPG

Are my eyes deceiving me?  Does that VOB neck band have "100" on it instead of "6"?  I've only seen a "6" neck band since they dripped the age statement.

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Are my eyes deceiving me?  Does that VOB neck band have "100" on it instead of "6"?  I've only seen a "6" neck band since they dripped the age statement.

That's the BIB, the other one still has the 6

edit- just bought it the other day with a 2017 bottling code

Edited by jvd99

^^^^Since losing the age statement, the BIB has always had the '6' on it.  I've never seen the '100 either

Maybe they finally decided to drop the '6' and go with the obvious?!?!

9 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

That's the BIB, the other one still has the 6

edit- just bought it the other day with a 2017 bottling code

Hhhhmmm. The bonded in WashDC has "6" on the neck and "Bottled in Bond" on the gold, curved part of the label with "100 proof" on the black band beneath VOB.  But then, I haven't bought one since late December 2016.  I will keep my eyes open.

6 hours ago, jvd99 said:

As they say - next up!

The beginning of a new era! ;)

Rowan's Creek

I still have a Rowan's creek that was given to me. And I know why this happened. It is still sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/29/2017 at 2:45 PM, b1gcountry said:

No picture but an er10 made the journey to the recycle bin last night

Those always seem to get emptied quickly.  I'm convinced there's not actually 750ml in there...

Those always seem to get emptied quickly.  I'm convinced there's not actually 750ml in there...

Hehe...

This one actually took me a whole year. I had a hard time getting on board with it. To much char for me some nights.

Finished these two off and both were fantastic and are deserving of another bottle! I prefer the OF1920 and OBSF, but these two pull their weight and run a close second.

IMG_9483.JPG

78d42809791e5d2e1d5acd60b7f52787.jpg

Thanks to the SB blend of OGD and WSR finally found a tasty option to kill off a straggler of WSR. I really, really like OWA but can't wasn't a fan of WSR. Glad to get this off the shelf, will replace with more OWA.

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks to the SB blend of OGD and WSR finally found a tasty option to kill off a straggler of WSR. I really, really like OWA but can't wasn't a fan of WSR. Glad to get this off the shelf, will replace with more OWA.

It is kinda' tasty, yes?  I was tempted to stop in Connecticut on my way to Brooklyn today to get another OGD to finish off an unopened bottle of WSR.  But the wife reminded me that we're going to the Breuckelen Distillery for a private tour with Brad Estabrooke this afternoon.  Oh well, guess the WSR will stay in the bunker for another spell.   B)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.