Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Well I'm glad to finish this one off, OFSig. Glad I tried it but I won't be purchasing another.

cf643f54b171a573f6d4fda0f5fb85e6.jpg

It has an interesting nose like banana Laffy Taffy or something. Finish is horrible hot and young but not in a barely legal way. I'd be interested in trying an OF product that was age stated 8+ but until then.

Try the 1920. It's nas but it doesn't taste young. I'd guess it's in the 6 to 8 year range. This stuff is awesome. Has a rich, dark fruit taste with a great feel. I always say I get chocolate covered cherries from it.

On 5/13/2017 at 7:06 PM, LCWoody said:

Finished off a Decades today. It's a very good bourbon, but I like the 17y better. 

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.77af63ad6beeb4088b26efd3256e4850.JPG

Agreed

Try the 1920. It's nas but it doesn't taste young. I'd guess it's in the 6 to 8 year range. This stuff is awesome. Has a rich, dark fruit taste with a great feel. I always say I get chocolate covered cherries from it.

I need to give to OF1920 another shoot. I really liked it but not more than other high proof offerings, KCSB, ECBP and Booker's.

23 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I need to give to OF1920 another shoot. I really liked it but not more than other high proof offerings, KCSB, ECBP and Booker's.

I like it better than KCSB, close to equal to Booker's, but it definitely falls short of ECBP (except maybe A117). Around here it runs around $55 which is $10+ more than KCSB, about the same as Booker's, and $15 less than ECBP.

I like it better than KCSB, close to equal to Booker's, but it definitely falls short of ECBP (except maybe A117). Around here it runs around $55 which is $10+ more than KCSB, about the same as Booker's, and $15 less than ECBP.

I need to get some pre A117 batch ECBP. I love the latest batch of ECBP can't imagine how good the previous batches must be.

During my vacation in Utah, I definitely did my fair share of helping HW make some money.

Didn't drink this whole thing, but did manage to finish it off over the course of the week.  Got the bottle as a "prize".

:)

IMAG2026_1.jpg

Here's a couple more, LoL.

A 355ml of Double Rye!

&

A 355 of Rendezvous Rye (the label might've accidentally come off in the hot tub.......;)).

It's been a good week!

IMAG2027.jpg

Edited by 0895

7 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

Bottle no. 1 huh?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Batch one.

Bottle # 450

I saw bottles numbered up into the 3700's in the gift shop.... So no clue how many total.

The employees have indicated that it's not selling well.  They seemed a bit surprised that I liked it..... Oh well.

13 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I'm missing a few, but this is a fair representation.

image.jpeg

Quality and good taste right there.

16 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Bottle no. 1 huh?

16 hours ago, 0895 said:

Batch one.

Bottle # 450

I saw bottles numbered up into the 3700's in the gift shop.... So no clue how many total.

The employees have indicated that it's not selling well.  They seemed a bit surprised that I liked it..... Oh well.

I think there is only one batch so far. Who doesn't like Concord grape jelly flavor in their whiskey??? B)

Despite tasting it with David as he described that flavor profile I could never quite find Concord grape jelly flavor. Lots of vanilla though!

Here's a couple more, LoL.

A 355ml of Double Rye!
&
A 355 of Rendezvous Rye (the label might've accidentally come off in the hot tub.......[emoji6]).

It's been a good week!
IMAG2027.thumb.jpg.4942a77044abf4f79821f0797ab80a7d.jpg

355ml, huh? If you haven't pitched them, I might be interested in the empty bottles...

Assuming you don't want them

Batch one.
Bottle # 450

OK, I misread the words. Reading isn't an engineers strong point...

It would be selling REALLY bad if they were still on bottle #1

2 hours ago, Tennessee Dave said:

IMG_5771.jpg.277b2d4781d07c38e87a90ce6ad9f0e1.jpg

That's an older bottle, at least the label is from a year or so ago.  How did you like it?

11 hours ago, kwshannon said:

That's an older bottle, at least the label is from a year or so ago.  How did you like it?

Very solid BIB.  Great in cocktails.

My first bottle and it was a good young bourbon.  For 15 bucks, I'm a supporter of this one

IMG_0741.JPG

2 hours ago, jvd99 said:

My first bottle and it was a good young bourbon.  For 15 bucks, I'm a supporter of this one

IMG_0741.JPG

Totally agree. It punches way above its weight. I Was going to have some tonight but it was up too high in the cabinet and I didn't feel like getting the step stool out so I "settled" for a Rittenhouse/Herbsaint Sazerac.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:40 PM, b1gcountry said:

355ml, huh? If you haven't pitched them, I might be interested in the empty bottles...

Assuming you don't want them

Sorry.

One stayed in Utah, and the wife brought the other one home and blah blah blah has plans for it.... :)

They sell most of their products in 355's and 750's out there.  Slightly cheaper to buy the 750's, but with the plane ride home, we didn't want any leftovers.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:46 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

I think there is only one batch so far. Who doesn't like Concord grape jelly flavor in their whiskey??? B)

Despite tasting it with David as he described that flavor profile I could never quite find Concord grape jelly flavor. Lots of vanilla though!

I agree...never got jelly from it....grape or otherwise.  It's interesting, good even, but not anything spectacular.

Killed a rebel soldier.  He put up a good fight but I got the best of him.

WIN_20170516_233200.JPG

On 5/20/2017 at 11:53 PM, 0895 said:

Sorry.

One stayed in Utah, and the wife brought the other one home and blah blah blah has plans for it.... :)

They sell most of their products in 355's and 750's out there.  Slightly cheaper to buy the 750's, but with the plane ride home, we didn't want any leftovers.

You mean 375 ml, no? If not I never realized they were an abnormal size.

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

You mean 375 ml, no? If not I never realized they were an abnormal size.

Sorry.

Yes, I meant 375ml's.

Whoops....

Bottle of regular BT will be heading to the great green bin in the sky in the morning. No I have an excuse to open the liter of BT single barrel I have sitting in the bunker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.