Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not sure a bottle has given me more pleasurable pours than this $15 bottle over the last month. My first taste grabbed my attention, but I thought it was just the environment of having it in Bardstown during Sampler with SB Family.  But, each  pour since has been so enjoyable.  Readily available here in Gawjuh, so I'll be picking up another.  

image.jpg

Not sure a bottle has given me more pleasurable pours than this $15 bottle over the last month. My first taste grabbed my attention, but I thought it was just the environment of having it in Bardstown during Sampler with SB Family.  But, each  pour since has been so enjoyable.  Readily available here in Gawjuh, so I'll be picking up another.  

image.thumb.jpg.81b5aace683a36f13a7356a684ea560e.jpg

Interesting do you like it more than the 101 7yr?

On 5/24/2017 at 4:18 PM, CaliER said:

5925f89135213_20170515_193044(611x1024).thumb.jpg.e2f2806e5db832a9bc2c34aa1c300beb.jpg

How did you like that Old Bardstown? I'm working on a bottle of it at present. Prefer their (newish) Bottled in Bond for a few bucks more, but not terrible for $18. Makes a decent Old Fashioned. 

First newer bottle version of ECBP

Still good and averaging one every 3/4 weeks. Older bottle had always gave me a wow though and still have a ton of those in the bunker.

5c28ffcd6adf29256cb26ed6d047ed98.jpg

8 hours ago, fanostra said:

How did you like that Old Bardstown? I'm working on a bottle of it at present. Prefer their (newish) Bottled in Bond for a few bucks more, but not terrible for $18. Makes a decent Old Fashioned. 

The Old Bardstown was just ok. It was mostly used in cocktails. My wife actually finished off the bottle in a whiskey sour. I don't think we'll be getting another bottle of it, my wife and I both prefer BT which is the same price as the Old Bardstown around here, ~$22. I've looked for the BIB bottle but can't seem to find any near me.

The Old Bardstown was just ok. It was mostly used in cocktails. My wife actually finished off the bottle in a whiskey sour. I don't think we'll be getting another bottle of it, my wife and I both prefer BT which is the same price as the Old Bardstown around here, ~$22. I've looked for the BIB bottle but can't seem to find any near me.

I believe the BIB is currently only available in KY and maybe a few nearby states. I meant to pick up a bottle when I was at the Sampler in Bardstown last month, but forgot. Most of those that have tried it say it's much better than the regular version.

Finished a 4R 2015, not by drinking it, I've made some samples for US member form another sub. Since I have to send him some 2014 too, I've opened one and by the same occasion, I'm having a pour at the moment. 

Cheers! 

IMG_8379.JPG

Those are bottles that I have never seen in the wild in my area. I see lots of 4R SB PS barrel strength and 100 proof and the regular 4R SmB, but I have never seen or heard of any 4R LEs in my area. I'm sure they appear one or two at a time and since it's not something I've asked for at my most frequented stores, I've probably just never been offered any of what may occasionally come in. I'm going to have to add these to my ask list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Those are bottles that I have never seen in the wild in my area. I see lots of 4R SB PS barrel strength and 100 proof and the regular 4R SmB, but I have never seen or heard of any 4R LEs in my area. I'm sure they appear one or two at a time and since it's not something I've asked for at my most frequented stores, I've probably just never been offered any of what may occasionally come in. I'm going to have to add these to my ask list.

On the other hand, i've never seen a Four Roses Single Barrel Private Selection in the wild here in Europe, i'd love to find some, i'm sure those are as good as the limited releases. Don't give up, on day you'll gonna find one. Cheers! 

On the other hand, i've never seen a Four Roses Single Barrel Private Selection in the wild here in Europe, i'd love to find some, i'm sure those are as good as the limited releases. Don't give up, on day you'll gonna find one. Cheers! 

I visit Denmark every other year or so since my wife is originally from Denmark. I've never really looked in any specialty whiskey stores there in the past, but I'm going to check them out next summer when I'm there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Empty bottle in Bora Bora!
Also emptied various bottles of rum while in paradise on the South Pacific :-)

WIN_20170417_222058.thumb.JPG.ff391228d56fab857256d4fc2cba9077.JPG

Paradise.

Great work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

a95766755eff2e4b85ce1f3411b3f196.jpg
Great time with great company

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1792 "single barrel" from 2016.

Beautiful bourbon.  Almost a bananas foster kinda thing going on.

&

The famous Barrell Bourbon batch 006.

I didn't like this as much as everyone said I would. While good, the popcorn flavor wore on me as the bottle dropped in level.  Glad I tried it, but won't miss.

IMAG2050_1.jpg

IMAG2048_1.jpg

10 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I visit Denmark every other year or so since my wife is originally from Denmark. I've never really looked in any specialty whiskey stores there in the past, but I'm going to check them out next summer when I'm there.

Sounds like a good plan to get some. If you're staying at least one week there, check some european online retailer.

Are my eyes deceiving me?  Does that VOB neck band have "100" on it instead of "6"?  I've only seen a "6" neck band since they dripped the age statement.

I was eyeballing that 100 on the neckband too. I haven't seen those around here yet.

38ce1163ccd812ad4370c17ea9618be7.jpg

4d98fa53945e6c74bd030e2f7be1fdf9.jpg

Love/Hate relationship with this one.

I love the juice and hate that I don't have a regular supply of it.

I've really been wanting to try this one.

Killed this off last night. His big brother is waitiing..but will probably stay sealed up.for a while.

20170529_112504-756x1008.jpg

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Killed this off last night. His big brother is waitiing..but will probably stay sealed up.for a while.

20170529_112504-756x1008.jpg

Did you notice that they use a different wax stamp for 750 vs 1.75?

Also the wood cork toppers have different carvings.  Script on one, block on the other.

Just an interesting observation...

Keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Did you notice that they use a different wax stamp for 750 vs 1.75?

Also the wood cork toppers have different carvings.  Script on one, block on the other.

Just an interesting observation...

Keep up the good work!

I did not notice. Great..now I'm gonna have to dig the bottle out of the trash just to see. Ha

Thanks to the recommendations of the great people here picked this up. Will definitely be part of my daily sippers going forward.

42476a0f0a251ec4d74cb2f29603dbe6.jpg

Sounds like a good plan to get some. If you're staying at least one week there, check some european online retailer.

We usually stay at least a couple weeks, so I may have to check out those online retailers. My brother-in-law is starting to get more interested in bourbon too, but my wife's sister keeps his purchases reined in pretty good. I may have to have him do some looking before we arrive next year though to get a head start on any opportunities.

Finished off my first bottle of CEHTSmB last night. I really like this bourbon and I'm glad that it's readily available in my area for $35-$40.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.