Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Farewell to the barrel strength Bulleit....it was a good ride.
IMG_0504.thumb.JPG.6d63ae0f3893adf8b70bf715a9923829.JPG

I've thought about pulling the trigger on a bottle of this. Do you think it is worth it at its price point?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I've thought about pulling the trigger on a bottle of this. Do you think it is worth it at its price point?

I paid under $50 for mine and feel it was worth it.  At that price it's competing with 1792 FP and possibly Booker's/Stagg JR if you find a good deal.  I enjoy all of those but don't have a favorite besides a 1792 FP store pick.  Now if the price were around $60 I'd probably pass in lieu of ECBP or OF 1920.  

Edited by Nm0369

I've finished off a few recently. Well kinda. Let me explain. :rolleyes:

Gone are a VOB BIB, Pappy 15, ORVW 10, and a MMCS. The only one I truly finished was the MMCS. I have a friend at work who did a barrel aging experiment. He gave me a nice sample, so I gifted him the last 1/4-1/3 of the VOB BIB I had open. I vatted the remnants of the Pappy 15 and ORVW I had open, into my Van Winkle 12 1/2 for our get together in April. 

Cheers! Joe

2nd pour of the evening just KO'd this 1.75L of 1792 SiB PS :mellow:.  I should have bunkered a few of these, smoking deal at $49.99.

IMG_0507.JPG

16 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

2nd pour of the evening just KO'd this 1.75L of 1792 SiB PS :mellow:.  I should have bunkered a few of these, smoking deal at $49.99.

IMG_0507.JPG

Who did the pick? Hard to read the sticker. Elite maybe? 

17 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

Who did the pick? Hard to read the sticker. Elite maybe? 

Yeah Elite Beverages.  I've been nursing that bottle since fall, pretty sure even the 750's are gone now.

4 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

Yeah Elite Beverages.  I've been nursing that bottle since fall, pretty sure even the 750's are gone now.

I still have two 750's. It was a strong pick. 

This was from a barrel experiment using a used OWA barrel and about 50 gallons of average American whiskies. After over 3 1/2 years, it turned into 106 proof of wonderful whiskey.1b855d44b913d30c5cdc7dca06c1fbd5.jpg

This was from a barrel experiment using a used OWA barrel and about 50 gallons of average American whiskies. After over 3 1/2 years, it turned into 106 proof of wonderful whiskey.1b855d44b913d30c5cdc7dca06c1fbd5.jpg

Fascinating. I have never heard of it. How much did it cost?

57 minutes ago, stoopsie said:

Thanks to a good friend I had a 2oz sample of that super vatting effort. Really strong work. 

8 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Fascinating. I have never heard of it. How much did it cost?

It was just a group, MAWLS, and each member added whiskies.  I really like it.

Doing a bit of early spring cleaning.         Oh well, at least my cork collection is growing.

Note to self:. No more parties (at least until Derby)!:rolleyes:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I decided to have a couple of pours from a 1979, 10 year old 80 proof Beam decanter after I got home from work this evening. I've had this bottle open for quite a while, and little did I realize that there was only a couple of pours left. :( Oh well. Chalk another one up. :P

This empty bottle won't be relegated to the recycle bin. It will be gifted to a fellow member here who's a collector of such things. Hopefully, I'll be able to deliver it, and a few others sometime soon. :unsure:

Cheers! Joe

FWIW, I took my cue for this pic from a few folks here.

beam2.jpg

PHC wheated 10 year old. Really glad I have another under the bar still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

Doing a bit of early spring cleaning.         Oh well, at least my cork collection is growing.

Note to self:. No more parties (at least until Derby)!:rolleyes:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dang......that is some good work right there.

20 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I decided to have a couple of pours from a 1979, 10 year old 80 proof Beam decanter after I got home from work this evening. I've had this bottle open for quite a while, and little did I realize that there was only a couple of pours left. :( Oh well. Chalk another one up. :P

This empty bottle won't be relegated to the recycle bin. It will be gifted to a fellow member here who's a collector of such things. Hopefully, I'll be able to deliver it, and a few others sometime soon. :unsure:

Cheers! Joe

FWIW, I took my cue for this pic from a few folks here.

beam2.jpg

Maybe it's the lighting or the background but that looks pretty dark for an 80 proof whiskey.

...maybe it's the lead leached out from the decanter. :D

1 hour ago, meadeweber said:

Maybe it's the lighting or the background but that looks pretty dark for an 80 proof whiskey.

...maybe it's the lead leached out from the decanter. :D

Well it was in the barrel for ten years.... ;) Oh, and it was a clean glass too.:)

Cheers! Joe

19 minutes ago, jvd99 said:
Two soldiers down

IMG_0518.thumb.JPG.05da367d560d4186673bda19866f8711.JPG

Those soldiers battled hard, no doubt. I salute the Old Fitz BIB. You have six very strong commanders on the next line for battle.
Cheers!

Also, I am dying to taste WT Master's Keep Decades. Let me know what you think of it.

Edited by OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel

Empty but not quite actually "gone". :huh: I finally had some time to myself, so this morning I did my Weller vatting for our get together in April. Alas I had some left overs, so I saved them in a couple of sample bottles to enjoy myself. :P

Cheers! Joe

empty.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Tennessee Dave said:

A classic down.

IMG_5065.jpg.0fb65836e971207949458ae429900faf.jpg

Not trying to rain on your parade, but its almost March.... take the darn Christmas tree down.

:P

Edited by 0895

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.