Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had to say goodbye to a bottle of Weller 12 this evening. It was time. It had hung around with very little left to give for some time now. Great news is there are plenty more to take its place in the basement. As we say in this house, next man up please.

Emptied a bottle of ECBP A117 last night - didn't drink but moved it to a decanter to see if changes a bit with the aeration - also noticed that my decanter must be a 700ml as the bottle was 80% full and pretty much filled the decanter

Emptied a bottle of ECBP A117 last night - didn't drink but moved it to a decanter to see if changes a bit with the aeration - also noticed that my decanter must be a 700ml as the bottle was 80% full and pretty much filled the decanter

They must be betting that nobody can decant a bottle without taking a sip!

Good bye little friend. You were small in size but big on flavor.

I'll not miss you long, though. I have a couple of your bigger brothers stashed away.

20170308_162351.jpg

Cleared up some shelf space this week by clearing some 1-2 pours remaining bottles...

But it's full again.

:)

IMAG1850.jpg

Cleared up some shelf space this week by clearing some 1-2 pours remaining bottles...
But it's full again.
[emoji4]
IMAG1850.thumb.jpg.248c0cb016ade30c1761df5534182bda.jpg

How was the contradiction??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

How was the contradiction??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think it's okay.

The young SA wheater takes over and domminates the ryed bourbon component (especially as the bottle ages with air).

Mine tasted like the wheated bourbon component all sunk to the bottom of the bottle & that was all I tasted at the end.... I even shook it up a few times, in a drunken moment of insanity. :)

I guess the best way to describe it would be.

1.  It smells really great

2.  It tastes very different from most anything else.

3. Not bad, but not great either.

4. After 3/4 the bottle was gone, I was really tired and bored with it.

5. Worthless in cocktails.  Easily lost with ice and mixers.

6. Cool bottle & labels for display.

I won't be buying another, but I would drink it again at a bar or a friend's house in small quantities.

Edited by 0895

a13789bfdc745d14e7fc422051236eba.jpg

I seemed to like this more going in than finishing. I want to love this HH single barrel, 10 years 100 proof but finished this off while comparing to some EC with a 12 year statement and found the EC much better.

I'd put off drinking the last few ounces for long enough...

WP_20170312_003.thumb.jpg.80ebe3106a5bb5f954e1d93532ee2c71.jpg

That is some good stuff, sipping some right now. I went a bit overboard though, and have 5.5 bottles of 750ML and a handle.

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

That is some good stuff, sipping some right now. I went a bit overboard though, and have 5.5 bottles of 750ML and a handle.

I have at least a case and a handle and I still pick up more any time I see it for a reasonable price.

Finished off the last two ounces of a Noah's Mill that had been hanging around for a couple years. Put an EWWL in it's place.  The first bottle of Noah's Mill I had was pretty good so I bought a couple more, but the second bottle was just not good. It wasn't really bad... but not something I'd seek out. Still have one in the back of the bunker that will probably be there for a while...

I'm guessing he means Evan Williams White Label. It's the Bonded EW with a white label

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

^^^^^Ding, ding, ding!^^^^^

Official abbreviation may be EWW... ? Let's see if that works...

Nope...

Edited by JTaylor

I think the forum abbreviation is EWBIB

I use tapatalk so I don't see the hot links

I have at least a case and a handle and I still pick up more any time I see it for a reasonable price.

Ok I feel reassured, it's quickly become one my top three go to bourbons.

Darn should've went with the obvious, was hoping it was some new release of EW.

There's at least one new version of EW coming out this year.

http://www.breakingbourbon.com/release-list.html

Wow, it is gonna have some 23 year old juice in the Masters Blend. I wonder if it will only be sold at the Evan Williams Experience. If so, I might have to meet@CardsAndBourbon there to buy a bottle. That label looks like it could be an excellent blend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Elmer T Lee was a great man.

b470c243a141a81fe87697d4da152f77.jpg

1 hour ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Wow, it is gonna have some 23 year old juice in the Masters Blend. I wonder if it will only be sold at the Evan Williams Experience. If so, I might have to meet@CardsAndBourbon there to buy a bottle. That label looks like it could be an excellent blend.

I'll meet you there but at what it probably will cost we may have to go in halvesies on it. :D

Elmer T Lee was a great man.

b470c243a141a81fe87697d4da152f77.jpg

Oh no! I want some of this so bad really liking the BT juice and want to get something with the #2 mashbill.

To me this seems like a better version of Blanton's but retails about $20 less and doesn't have a tacky bottle.

I heard there doing a release in April. Man I need to try this.

11 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Oh no! I want some of this so bad really liking the BT juice and want to get something with the #2 mashbill.

To me this seems like a better version of Blanton's but retails about $20 less and doesn't have a tacky bottle.

I'm interested to hear why ETL seems like a better version to you?

A large part of me is just done with everything BT puts out, and I'll just start paying attention to them again in 8 years when they can actually stock their products on shelves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.