Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, FacePlant said:

IMG_0711.thumb.JPG.36a2a5b5b579501e1c00b5316ab61715.JPG

So, how was the Belle Meade 9yr - in particular, did she hold her own against the ELT and/or the CEHT SiB?  I just brought one bottle back from No. VA and haven't had a chance to break her open.  TIA for your comments.   :lol:

Well it was some strong competition alongside of ETL and CEHT SiB, at least for what I like. The Belle Meade was big enough to "hold her own". It's my second bottle of the SiB that I've finish and now have opened the third. Like other naysayers I'm usually not big on sourced whiskey, but the young men at Nelson's Green Brier have a knack at putting out an excellent product with the SiB. I have tasted two others but the single barrel stands shoulders above for me. It's really great sipping whiskey, full flavored and smoothed with the right amount of age.

Time will tell what their own whiskey will taste like. If it's as good as what they've found they will probably be bought out too.

Knocked this one out at a bar today, because well, its my birthday!  Bartender gave me the bottle as a prize!  My first ever bottle of OF birthday bourbon, and its freaking empty....

:)

IMAG1883[1].jpg

Edited by 0895

I don't need much support for this bottle as you can see.

Question what do I call this? I guess OWA in a WA107 bottle.

5994683249dcccfa88b197be353b700d.jpg

Killed a bottle of HH6BIB over the weekend and tonight a bottle of Stagg Jr. have its last drops of liquid hit the bottom of my glass. I must admit, I thought this bottle of Stagg Jr. was outstanding! Never drank like its 130 proof at all. Super smooth and tons of flavor. But as we are all aware of now a days, glad there is more of both in the bunker:D

Knocked this one out at a bar today, because well, its my birthday!  Bartender gave me the bottle as a prize!  My first ever bottle of OF birthday bourbon, and its freaking empty....
[emoji4]
58d092778adc5_IMAG18831.thumb.jpg.39a891769b7085f932687cd137466f2e.jpg

Very nice. Happy birthday!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No need for support I'm back a full bottle of WA107.

54cdb6da3db52bcdb7986d0f3c2f3fe7.jpg

I love the turtle bubbles in the background

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Finally finishing this Blanton's off. It was NOT as good as prior bottles, so it took a while.

20170321_173822.thumb.jpg.5eba8a49d6b290bc79398247f763230f.jpg

The bottle purge continued tonight. Found the bottom of 1792 High Rye. Was really good when I first opened it and almost had a THH finish to it. However, the longer it was open, the more the profile faded which was disappointing. Still a good pour, but man do I wish it had kept that THH profile and finish longer.

c6d17b680ff6dea811f4eb47c91e4894.jpg
Family effort tonight.......man that was good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

c6d17b680ff6dea811f4eb47c91e4894.jpg
Family effort tonight.......man that was good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Looks like fun times.

Saddest empty bottle of all--a full handle of BT that did not make it from the RV to the house because the bottom spontaneously shattered. That's Mrs. F's story and she's sticking to it. Tearfully because she likes BT too. Just hope to get the rig aired out before passing through the next sobriety checkpoint. 

15 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Saddest empty bottle of all--a full handle of BT that did not make it from the RV to the house because the bottom spontaneously shattered. That's Mrs. F's story and she's sticking to it. Tearfully because she likes BT too. Just hope to get the rig aired out before passing through the next sobriety checkpoint. 

A moment of silence for your pain....

6 hours ago, Flyfish said:

I can relate... sort of.     Many a year now passed, I was driving my Ole Man around on a few errands (he was no longer driving at this point).    We stopped at a liquor store (SURPRISE!!!) as one of the said errands.    It being near his birthday, I offered to buy him a bottle of Bourbon, his drink of choice, or whatever else he wanted.    He was going to grab a bottle JD Old No. 7 (back when it was a really nice choice), and I asked if he'd ever tried EC12.     He said he'd never pay that kind of dough for a bottle.     (I don't recall the price; but, it wasn't so much more than Black Jack, which was Dad's top price point.)     Anyway, I talked him into letting me buy him a bottle of EC12.       After a couple more stops we parked in front of his house, and he stepped out knocking the bottle off the floor near his feet and onto the concrete where it immediately shattered, and released a wonderful aroma, along with the entire contents, of course.     That was one of the only times I saw the Ole Man come to tears.     I nearly did too.      I wasn't making so much at the time that I could easily afford to replace that bottle; but that's what I did with the next paycheck.     Dad looked at that bottle for nearly a year before I got him to open it drink some with me.

^^^That's a great story Rich.  I lift one up in the spirit of great ole men, and the everlasting memories of good times shared with them.    

I wish my old man had drank something that good with me. The Crown Royal and Boone's Farm just aren't in the same league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can relate... sort of.     Many a year now passed, I was driving my Ole Man around on a few errands (he was no longer driving at this point).    We stopped at a liquor store (SURPRISE!!!) as one of the said errands.    It being near his birthday, I offered to buy him a bottle of Bourbon, his drink of choice, or whatever else he wanted.    He was going to grab a bottle JD Old No. 7 (back when it was a really nice choice), and I asked if he'd ever tried EC12.     He said he'd never pay that kind of dough for a bottle.     (I don't recall the price; but, it wasn't so much more than Black Jack, which was Dad's top price point.)     Anyway, I talked him into letting me buy him a bottle of EC12.       After a couple more stops we parked in front of his house, and he stepped out knocking the bottle off the floor near his feet and onto the concrete where it immediately shattered, and released a wonderful aroma, along with the entire contents, of course.     That was one of the only times I saw the Ole Man come to tears.     I nearly did too.      I wasn't making so much at the time that I could easily afford to replace that bottle; but that's what I did with the next paycheck.     Dad looked at that bottle for nearly a year before I got him to open it drink some with me.

Great story, Rich. Thanks for sharing.

I wish my old man had drank something that good with me. The Crown Royal and Boone's Farm just aren't in the same league.

I hear what you're saying. My Dad drank Kessler, Tvarscki Vodka, Night Train, Stroh's, and the Heaven Hill rotgut collection.

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

My old man only drank a beer with me every once in a while.  But those were special times well remembered.  Guess he and my mom didn't have the enzyme that could metabolize alcohol - some Chinese folk are missing them.  Good thing it skipped me, eh?   :D

My dad is a V.O. guy. When I was little I would use the plastic badges that came on the box as my detective badge. :)  He will have a drink every now and then but he's 90 years old and diabetic. Doesn't like bourbon.

An OWA hit the bin tonight. The little bit that was left went into a decanter to free up room in the cabinet.

20170326_191221-756x1008.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.