What Bourbon did you Pass up?? Winter 2016/2017

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

High West Midwinters Dram Act.....$140.00

Thats a massive mark up, I get to go to High West Distillery on a regular basis and have numerous bottles of HWMD, most I have ever paid was around $70.00

But I bet it will be gone next time I go in.

Passed on WT8. It was marked up in London and wasn't worth the price. Still haven't seen the WT13.

22 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Passed on WT8. It was marked up in London and wasn't worth the price. Still haven't seen the WT13.

You won't see it in London unless TWE have it in store, and even then you're talking £125 at least. 

I haven't caught any of that on shelves around here in quite some time. I would pick up several bottles at that price if I saw them on the shelf.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So I should buy a case at 17.99?[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, BigPapa said:

So I should buy a case at 17.99?emoji106.png

If you like it and can get OGD114 for that price why not? In fact, I'd buy two cases! Best I've seen was $22.99 while the BIB is usually $24-26.

So I should buy a case at 17.99?[emoji106]

I would get a case at that price, if you like it. It has become a ghost bottle in Lexington.

Passed on WT Kentucky Spirit for $55. But Im overly tempted to go back and get it because I havent had it, I dont see it around anymore, and the bottle is just beautiful. 

10 hours ago, beasled said:

You won't see it in London unless TWE have it in store, and even then you're talking £125 at least. 

It was at TWE. I think it was 68 pounds, which is something like $80, so it was an easy pass for me. I picked up a Jefferson's 10 Rye instead 

4 hours ago, Agalloch said:

Passed on WT Kentucky Spirit for $55. But Im overly tempted to go back and get it because I havent had it, I dont see it around anymore, and the bottle is just beautiful. 

WTKS is a darn good bourbon. In fact it makes my top 5 list. That's not a bad price, it's usually $59.99 where I'm at.  

That bottle is a piece of art.

Passed on A. Bowman Gingerbread and Cocoa for $50 before 10% coupon. I think the price is in line with retail but flavored whiskeys aren't really my thing. 

On 2/15/2017 at 7:25 PM, birdie said:

High West Midwinters Dram Act.....$140.00

Thats a massive mark up, I get to go to High West Distillery on a regular basis and have numerous bottles of HWMD, most I have ever paid was around $70.00

But I bet it will be gone next time I go in.

Interesting.  The distillery menu online lists it for $89.99 plus tax for a bottle to go.

You must have good connections @ HW...

http://www.highwest.com/uploads/files/1540/refectorymenuwinter201617final.pdf

We do a lot of corporate events/customer lunches/dinners with them, both at Wanship and Park City locations, which obviously helps.

You are correct though that around mid $80 is 'normal'.......but still $90 up to $140 is pretty extreme

just passed on the first OWA that I have seen in the new bottle. It was $39.99, it was $24.99 for the old bottle at the same LS a month ago. I hope that's not what's happening for all the stores.

just passed on the first OWA that I have seen in the new bottle. It was $39.99, it was $24.99 for the old bottle at the same LS a month ago. I hope that's not what's happening for all the stores.

I like OWA aright. Surely less than many on the board but I don't turn down a pour. Even still, that ain't no $40 bottle of bourbon.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:24 PM, Charlutz said:

Passed on A. Bowman Gingerbread and Cocoa for $50 before 10% coupon. I think the price is in line with retail but flavored whiskeys aren't really my thing. 

Hey Charlutz, I am up here in Delaware, and wondering if you could tell me where I could find that A. Bowman Gingerbread and Cocoa bottle?  If it is not too far of a drive, I might be willing to head "south" as I have really enjoyed the other special/limited releases from Bowman Brothers Distillery.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Richdel said:

Hey Charlutz, I am up here in Delaware, and wondering if you could tell me where I could find that A. Bowman Gingerbread and Cocoa bottle?  If it is not too far of a drive, I might be willing to head "south" as I have really enjoyed the other special/limited releases from Bowman Brothers Distillery.  Thanks!

I'll PM you.

I passed on the first NAS bottles of KC that I've seen in the KC, MO area. I'll be shopping at a Costco tomorrow that still has the 9 YO 1.75L KC for about $52. That size should stay in the rotation for a few months.

I passed on KC 9-year 1.75L at $77.95.  It's the standard state price but is definitely high.  I really like KC and am hoping for a sale on the big bottles before all the 9-year ones disappears.

On 2/18/2017 at 8:02 AM, BigRich said:

I like OWA aright. ...........that ain't no $40 bottle of bourbon.

ah, some rationality is still left here!

On a trip into Illinois today passed on a bunch of Orphan Barrel and a few other goodies. I did buy one Forged Oak. Didn't pass due to prices. Hit my budget!

Barterhouse $75

Gifted Horse $50

Rhetoric 22 $104

Old Fitz BIB 1.75 $35

Willett 3Y Rye $38

Saw BT Bourbon Cream EVERYWHERE today for $20 but I already have 3 at home.

58 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Old Fitz BIB 1.75 $35

Never having actually see any Old Fitz in a liquor store, I probably would have snatched this up in a heartbeat. For some reason it doesn't show up in this part of the states.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.