What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 minutes ago, DROB said:

Are those purple bands from LMDW?

It looks like it's just a reflection. I'm thinking all 4 bottles are the same Blanton's Gold.

2 bottles of WTKS, in the glass, it's looking a bit darker than a few bottles I have open.  Should be a fun SBS!

10 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Nice the only EC private barrel picks I have seen here are in the 9ish year range, not that it really matters.

The store manager who picked it out said that he and the manager of another store picked their barrels at the same time but weren't told the ages until after they'd selected them.  His was a 12 year old and the other fella's was an 8 year old.   But then some mix-up kept him from getting his bottles of the 12 for a few months, and the 8 year old was sold out before I found out about it last winter.

But, you are right, age definitely isn't an indicator of quality.  It's hard to go wrong with EC

On 4/3/2017 at 10:34 PM, flahute said:

Drinking these abs tonight.

The 17 is coming off as more complex but also much more oak forward which is not always to my liking. It's thinner than Decades due to the proof, but on its own you wouldn't notice.

Fuller mouthfeel on Decades and I like the proof better, but something is off on it tonight (granted I've only had one pour prior to this) so my palate may not be totally right. 

Tonight's sbs goes to the 17 but my memory of my first Decades pour was superior so I need to try this again.

Flahute,

Thanks for the SBS review. I liked my WTMK 17 too much. I finished the bottle quickly, didn't save a sample.

So I was hoping the Decades can stand up. I appreciate the info. I will probably snag a Decades, if I find one.

-Wedel 

Been passing on a bunch of ECBP lately for several reasons. Bunker has plenty. Not all, but most stores have raised the price up to $100 per bottle. I've also heard from most everyone that the new release wasn't on par with previous releases.

That being said, I run across 2 bottles of ECBP Batch 12 (136 proof) today. I admit that I paid a little more for them than usual, but would have regretted not picking them up.Glad to have em!

IMG_3377.thumb.JPG.d8b6b18540b9e1b3dc0df93728425b0e.JPG

At a store I rarely check - Booker's Noe's Secret for $59.99.  While in Atlanta area last week, had less time than anticipated due to flight delays.  Stumbled across World Beverage and got and ECBP Batch A117 and an FR PS OESK 52.2% at reasonable prices.  Wasn't really looking for an ECBP but could not leave it on shelf.

Thanks again for all those who offered their help and local knowledge.  Looks like I'll be back in three months...hopefully with more time.

c7232e0c481b01c2b4fa7d56cb7c24c9.jpg
Had to bring this one home with me......I do love this stuff. Stronger proof with a sweet lasting finish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Picked up a Old Forester Signature. Had the 86 proof and the 1897 before. So far this is just as good if not better. 

Picked up an Old Ezra 101 7 yr, couldn't believe how hard it was to find this ( thanks to a GBS assist I finally tracked one down). Picking up these economical non LE type bottles has restored a bit of the fun that has been drained out of the shopping & trying new things aspect of this hobby that I have been missing these last couple years.

8 minutes ago, beasled said:

Good week this week!

Cheers

2017-04-06_1437.png

Very Nice!

12 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Been passing on a bunch of ECBP lately for several reasons. Bunker has plenty. Not all, but most stores have raised the price up to $100 per bottle. I've also heard from most everyone that the new release wasn't on par with previous releases.

That being said, I run across 2 bottles of ECBP Batch 12 (136 proof) today. I admit that I paid a little more for them than usual, but would have regretted not picking them up.Glad to have em!

IMG_3377.thumb.JPG.d8b6b18540b9e1b3dc0df93728425b0e.JPG

Hey... on something that is going to be gone forever, only YOU can set the value... Nice snag, one of my absolute favorites!

e417a05b9abe1e9abe5e1f8961fbde44.jpg
Finally bumped into one of these in the wild. It's now hiding in my bunker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On April 3, 2017 at 5:43 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Good news, bad news. I went to a store Friday to get a bottle of Old Fitz BIB. They were out. :( But I did get something they just got in. :D

Cheers! Joe

owa.jpeg

I was out and about today running some errands. Yeah, honey do stuff. :rolleyes: Long story short, I stopped at liquor store. The OWA I purchased last week now has its cousin to keep it company. :D Two down and one to go. I have a feeling it'll be a while before I run across any new bottle/label Weller 12.

Cheers! Joe

sr.jpeg

On 4/2/2017 at 10:59 AM, Whiskey Dick said:

Neither have I. Quite interested....distillery shop only? What'd it cost? Proof? Your impressions? Clue us in, please!

It's around Knoxville TN. It was $75 for a 375ML bottle which I know is absurd, but the story goes that when Diageo bought Dickel they found these random barrels and once they figured out how old the juice was they decided to sell it. It's my understanding that it's a one off and once they're gone, they're gone. And considering I have an insane fear of missing out, I decided to treat myself. Haven't opened it yet. Waiting for a special occasion. But I'll definitely supply notes when I do.

The password was "10" for me today as I picked up an ER10, RR10, HMcK10, and Bulleit 10.  The outlier was a lonesome ECBP I had to take home as well.

Picked up an OC8 for $16. Too bad it was the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went online to the Va ABC website to try and buy one of the 94 bottles of CEHT small batch BiB they have and they announced that due to technical difficulties online ordering is turned off. We'll be notified when the problem is corrected which means when it is fixed I'll be working and when I get home they'll be sold out. :angry:

Something told me I should stop by the store this afternoon.  I haven't seen any of this until today.  People usually are giving it pretty good reviews so now it is sitting in my cabinet.

OLD%20GRANDAD_zpscu7vpseq.jpeg

On 4/2/2017 at 7:18 PM, FacePlant said:

Hope Knocksville proves my taste buds wrong. I really like GD12, GDBS, and the Hand Selected but this one fall flat. I keep giving it more chances but it continues to disappoint?

Please say something good. (I've got too much bunkered):(

I'll definitely provide notes when I try it. Would love to get your opinion on the GD17, how does it compare to the hand selected Barrel? I have a bottle of that and it's top notch.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.