What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 hours ago, Clay Cline said:

It was a good day!

IMG_3194.PNG

Wow Clay. What was a good day for you would have been a great day for me. BOOM

Picked up 2x750ml Beam Black double-aged 8yr, guess they were clearing out the warehouse.  Oddly no extra-aged on the shelf.

And a 1.75L Eagle Rare, beautiful bottle but no idea where I'm going to store this tall thing.

Was in London today, picked up a store pick of Old Scout. Unfortunately it's been reduced down to 46% but I hear there are some cask strength bottles on the way so I'll be back. 

Screenshot_20170504-202814.png

21 hours ago, t-ball said:

Stopped in a small LS in south GA while working today.  Lucky I guess, said he just got 6 OWA's  this morning.  Grabbed 2, left 4 for the next guy.  Also grabbed a Stagg Jr for 49.00 .  Good day out in the wild !!!

IMG_1546.JPG

Do you mind telling me what store?

On 5/2/2017 at 8:47 AM, tanstaafl2 said:

Fred may need to come up with some new words to describe the San Francisco competion! First the winner was shocking in 2015. Then the winner was an upset in 2016.

And now we have hit the daily double in 2017 as the winner was a shocking upset...

Best Bourbon: The Shocking Winner at San Francisco World Spirits 2015

Best Bourbon: The Unbelievable ‘Best Whisky’ Upset in ’16 San Francisco World Spirits Competition

Shocking Whiskey Upsets at '17 San Fran World Spirits Comp

Barrell Batch 11 was indeed the winner in this "shocking upset"

On Freds website it shows a picture of the bottles they sampled from. The ECBP was Batch 13. At first I said woah woah woah. This ain't the best that ECBP has offered. Batch 11 & 12 were sublime & 13 was regarded as very good. Then I say Thank God!!! It's hard enough to find ECBP without any awards.

Cheers,

Jeff

I bought a handleless handle of Larceny today.
e7678c01d000214b558dc70b35a47eb4.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I managed to find a EC12(back label) for $27.99, a 1792 Full Proof for $47.99 and a HM10BIB for $31.99.  The Full Proof bottle was mixed in with the regular 1792. Wonder if someone was hiding it for later or just accidentally placed there?  

IMG_0075.JPG

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Was in London today, picked up a store pick of Old Scout. Unfortunately it's been reduced down to 46% but I hear there are some cask strength bottles on the way so I'll be back. 

Did they tell you it was reduced down? I thought these were all cask strength, even the ones at lower proof. I have a few that around that proof, or even lower - one at about 43%. They are still very nice, but obviously not as bruising as something around 60% ABV.

Nice find!

3 hours ago, beasled said:

Screenshot_20170504-202814.png

I agree that this may not be watered down, I've got a 10 year and 11 year that are between 47-49 % ABV.  The 11 year is particularly tasty.

Just now, Jazz Nut said:

I agree that this may not be watered down, I've got a 10 year and 11 year that are between 47-49 % ABV.  The 11 year is particularly tasty.

It's watered down... It was once 54ish+ I think, and there's some cask strength bottles on the way apparently... Doesn't detract from it though, still a great pour as it is. 

Picked up a Stagg Jr 130.0p today. Going to open it up tonight. 

IMG_1700.thumb.JPG.781925837948bb8a6791e44522fa5896.JPG

20 hours ago, jackthedog said:

Thanks. I hope I have a chance to find one. 

Have to search in WV.  As far as I've been told, it's only released in that state thus far.

Isn't Metze's Select their own distillate?  

I know nothing about that one, and I've never seen it anywhere. You may be right, but it is a hard find for me either way

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Picked up High West Bourye Limited Sighting at Total Wine... curious to try it given the positive comments/reviews on it.  Not particularly cheap though, about $75.

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Just came across a deal I couldn't pass. RY 10y $42.99

IMG_1704.thumb.JPG.6d1e9da0cb25564c494a2e57049eef77.JPG

Want. And haven't even had a chance to try it yet. Great price.

4 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Just came across a deal I couldn't pass. RY 10y $42.99

IMG_1704.thumb.JPG.6d1e9da0cb25564c494a2e57049eef77.JPG

I wouldn't buy it again at half that price unless I had a chance to try the barrel first

Got CEHT 4 grain & barrel proof. 

Got the email at 2:30 and since its Cinco I felt the need to leave early. :D

While I chatted with the owner for a couple of minutes they sold all 12 bottles of each out. He showed me the nice wooden case the 4 grain was packed in (6 Pk). Glad to finally have a shot at the 4 grain.

3 hours ago, robertckim said:

Picked up High West Bourye Limited Sighting at Total Wine... curious to try it given the positive comments/reviews on it.  Not particularly cheap though, about $75.

Its $80+tax here in High West's home state of Utah, so I'd say you did ok.

No High West product is particularly cheap, I've always considered HW about $10-20 overpriced for what you're getting. But at least they're transparent about what's in the bottle and you know what you're paying for, which is more than we can say for most other blenders, bottlers, and ndp's. 

Got CEHT 4 grain & barrel proof. 
Got the email at 2:30 and since its Cinco I felt the need to leave early. [emoji3]
While I chatted with the owner for a couple of minutes they sold all 12 bottles of each out. He showed me the nice wooden case the 4 grain was packed in (6 Pk). Glad to finally have a shot at the 4 grain.

Congrats! I thought about heading that way when I saw the email, but the boss was giving me crap about it when I mentioned it since I bought several nice bottles while in Bardstown last weekend. I think I'll stick with my current 4 grain blend of WSR and OGD114 for now since I like it a lot and it's a whole lot cheaper...and I've got plenty of CEHTSmB and SB to hold me for a while. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 3:14 AM, beasled said:

My viewpoint was more about Minnick's clickbait titles than the whiskey itself. I've picked up some Barrell recently and I'm a big fan of Smooth Ambler, had and got quite a few bottlings. 

Michter's I like but the LE Rye is expensive this side of the pond. 

Ahh I see, yeah the title was a bit of clickbait alright

I need some self control, bought a EC12 and a WA107. I wasn't going to get more but it's the 1L which I haven't seen yet. I'm done buying unless I find a 20 year old dusty...it could happen.

00806bfdee1e2fb764a8ec94d7a063d9.jpg

aa8f3cb4d7926a32c028a9f6e0ca01c7.jpg

d929cfccfef8e14f6c132b2d9cfa58c2.jpg

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

I wouldn't buy it again at half that price unless I had a chance to try the barrel first

Curious what you drink for $21 that you like better?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.