What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Golzee said:

Found a bottle of OE7101 at a local grocery store for $14.99, I had passed on it at Binny's for $25.  Looking forward to trying it; it is presumed to be Heaven Hill bourbon correct?

Yes, basically 1 yr older and 1 proof point higher than HH White Label BIB

55 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

Yes, basically 1 yr older and 1 proof point higher than HH White Label BIB

Can you tell a difference in the OE7101 & HHBIB?

16 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

I've tried them side by side and it's negligible. The OE might be a tiny bit darker and have a tiny bit more oak/ wood spice. But I didn't taste blind, so would likely be hard pressed to tell a difference blind. 

39 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

I think they taste fairly different, off the top of my head I would say OE101 is much more similar to JW Dant but this is based on memory more than an actual SBS, though one is quite possible at this point of time. I think the correct thing to do would be a SBS of OE101, HHBIB, JWD and FC 6yr

29 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I think they taste fairly different, off the top of my head I would say OE101 is much more similar to JW Dant but this is based on memory more than an actual SBS, though one is quite possible at this point of time. I think the correct thing to do would be a SBS of OE101, HHBIB, JWD and FC 6yr

I agree that OE101 and HHBIB are fairly different.  OE has a great nose but I find the finish short and flat.  I would buy HHBIB over OE even if they were the same price.  FC6 is spicier to me than the others....closer to WT101.  

I bought these to give to a friend when we meet to watch the 1st round of the NFL Draft tonight. I hope the Bengals draft Thomas, Barnett, McCaffery, or Howard.
d5c5cb36d7f3e2ccc23db1d0f7e96ef9.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Two more bottles of HHBIB at $10.99.  My last source of this locally has imposed a 2 bottle limit....I'm stacking them deep in the bunker.

1 hour ago, Nm0369 said:

Two more bottles of HHBIB at $10.99.  My last source of this locally has imposed a 2 bottle limit....I'm stacking them deep in the bunker.

cue the four horsemen!

if HHBIB is being rationed in IN, the shit has finally met the fan

Edited by Whiskey Dick

Picked up a few bottles at my local store today!

Four Roses Private Select OESK 8 years 10 months

Elijah Craig Small Batch (11 years)

Russell's Reserve Store Select Rickhouse C, Floor 3

IMG_9484.JPG

Stopped in a liquor store I hadn't been in a while and found this handle on the shelf for $59.99. Contemplating stopping back and buying the other one they had.3dff54e0cc0507fc80561e9a48e1c780.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!!!

We cannot get that here at any price.  I am so envious my tongue is green.

Well, today I did pick up two OF 1897s @ $43 each and two JB BIBs @ $16 each.  That'll hold me for a week or so.B)

4 hours ago, Whiskey Dick said:

cue the four horsemen!

Well I'm pretty sure distribution to Indiana has been discontinued. They likely can't replace it when it sells out. 

1792 full proof for a weekend tasting...$58.49 out the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, HoustonNit said:

A couple of these had a glass last weekend and loved it.

$53 a bottle.

d48481a9b5ddf90015dd22e85bd0a6ca.jpg

Looks like you took home the whole case. I hope they gave you a case discount

5 hours ago, Whiskey Dick said:

This is simple.  Call it the web forum effect, and it was perfectly predictable.

All you braggarts on SB broadcast to the world about your great local deals, so now when people visit they feel the need to keep up with the Joneses and bring back a case or two or three.  It's called hoarding and it affects supply.  Stores are forced to place quantity limits on purchases, or they won't have any stock on shelves for their regular customers.

Edited by Kepler

12 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

Picked up a few bottles at my local store today!

Four Roses Private Select OESK 8 years 10 months

Elijah Craig Small Batch (11 years)

Russell's Reserve Store Select Rickhouse C, Floor 3

IMG_9484.JPG

Very nice haul.

6 hours ago, Kozman said:

Found this Blantons for $43.99 plus tax. Best price yet around here.

IMG_1024.JPG

That is a good price, do you mind telling me where you got it? PM me if you want.

Not today, but recently stopped in a random liquor store a few hours away from me while taking my daughter to a weekend camp. They happened to have an EC 18 on the shelf for $130. Will be the oldest most expensive bourbon I've tried, when I try it.

59038e10f3875_20170428_113526(600x1024).thumb.jpg.5bdae2a783c270fd3d4e9c28ac1efea4.jpg

1 minute ago, CaliER said:

Not today, but recently stopped in a random liquor store a few hours away from me while taking my daughter to a weekend camp. They happened to have an EC 18 on the shelf for $130. Will be the oldest most expensive bourbon I've tried, when I try it.

59038e10f3875_20170428_113526(600x1024).thumb.jpg.5bdae2a783c270fd3d4e9c28ac1efea4.jpg

Well what are you waiting for.  Open it and try it, like right now, and then tell us about it. :)

At $23 couldn't leave it on the shelf by itself. That being said I think I can stop at bottles.

b17f065093dd8c48151bb404ec3c48f2.jpg

CEHT Four Grain came in and the Rye was on sale so I grabbed one. The MM PS and OBSV 9,9 120* are really good so I grabbed 'em for the bunker. The HTBB is batch one and Veteran owned so I had to get one. Hopefully it isn't paint thinner, but even if it is I won't regret buying it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.