What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a Booker's Batch 2013-7 for $57. I know a lot of people say there is not a lot of different between batched but I thought it would be fun to do a side by side of my 2016 batch.

On 4/20/2017 at 5:37 AM, CardsandBourbon said:

What do you think about the Old Forester Single Barrel?  Our LB just got some in and I was thinking of picking up a bottle ($41.99).  Single Barrel & Small Batch are where I tend to go.  

I haven't opened this Old Forester Single Barrel yet but I tried a different bottle at a friend's that was excellent.  

7 minutes ago, berto said:

I haven't opened this Old Forester Single Barrel yet but I tried a different bottle at a friend's that was excellent.  

I haven't opened mine yet either.  May do that tonight and then let everyone know what I think.

Bought an EWBIB whilst on my way to our Nations Capital this afternoon... Sitting here in the hotel wondering if the cost to Uber from my hotel near Dulles to the Jack Rose Dining Saloon and back will be worth it for the experience...

4 hours ago, beasled said:

Found these whilst roaming NYC. Cheers! 

Screenshot_20170424-173822.png

My only suggestion is that while you are in town you go to Astor Wines, really the best place in town service and selection wise, they also have sales on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so you never know, you might run into a good deal. Around the block is Warehouse Wines and spirits which typically has some of the best prices in the city, both conveniently have websites if you want to browse their inventory.  Happy hunting! And if you are looking for anything in particular send me a PM and I can try and help you find it.

4 hours ago, Hop said:

Bought an EWBIB whilst on my way to our Nations Capital this afternoon... Sitting here in the hotel wondering if the cost to Uber from my hotel near Dulles to the Jack Rose Dining Saloon and back will be worth it for the experience...

If your worried about the cost of the Uber then you may not enjoy Jack Rose as much as I would.  That place is unreal.

7 hours ago, ATLien said:

Picked up a Booker's Batch 2013-7 for $57. I know a lot of people say there is not a lot of different between batched but I thought it would be fun to do a side by side of my 2016 batch.

You are doing the right thing it's for research!

Just now, kevinbrink said:

My only suggestion is that while you are in town you go to Astor Wines, really the best place in town service and selection wise, they also have sales on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so you never know, you might run into a good deal. Around the block is Warehouse Wines and spirits which typically has some of the best prices in the city, both conveniently have websites if you want to browse their inventory.  Happy hunting! And if you are looking for anything in particular send me a PM and I can try and help you find it.

Thanks! I did go to Astor but didn't pick anything up as I was off out but I will return and pick something up. 

5 hours ago, beasled said:

Very Nice!

Picked up another OWA in the new bottle design. This has become a fairly regular pour and as long as one of my favorite stores keeps getting it in I'll keep it in the regular rotation.

My dad nigh took a road trip down to Kentucky to visit Heaven Hill, Willett, and Makers Mark.  Also stopped at Toddy's liquors in Bardstown from a suggestion by the Heaven Hill tour guide.  It was a great first trip down there, and I can't wait to go back.  I picked up: 2x Old Fitzgerald BIB 1.75's, 2x Old Charter 8 year 1.75's. 5x HHBIB 6's (drank one with family already, really good stuff), 3x Larceny, 3x Old Ezra 7 year 101's, Old Bardstown BIB (from Willett), WTKS from Big Red in Indiana (where I was staying), RRSib from Big Red, Four Roses Private Selection from Toddy's (OESV 10 year 8month), 2x Elijah Craig grenades, and 2x Makers Mark Bill Samuels Jr. selection.  I should be set for a while, and a few friends will be getting some fun gifts!  I am really pumped to try some bourbon that Minnesota does not get!

IMG_9464.JPG

Edited by Jazz Nut

9 hours ago, beasled said:

Very jealous, good for you man, awesome bourbon right here! 

13 hours ago, beasled said:

Great bourbon, and very cool reflection of the skyline in the top of the bottles. Enjoy the city!

6 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

IMG_9464.JPG

That haul must have violated some interstate liquor transit laws.  (Humor).    

The Russell's Res is the older 'tear' label.  I've preferred it slightly to the newer dark red label.  I'll be interested to see what you think.

Salud!

7 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

My dad nigh took a road trip down to Kentucky to visit Heaven Hill, Willett, and Makers Mark.  Also stopped at Toddy's liquors in Bardstown from a suggestion by the Heaven Hill tour guide.  It was a great first trip down there, and I can't wait to go back.  I picked up: 2x Old Fitzgerald BIB 1.75's, 2x Old Charter 8 year 1.75's. 5x HHBIB 6's (drank one with family already, really good stuff), 3x Larceny, 3x Old Ezra 7 year 101's, Old Bardstown BIB (from Willett), WTKS from Big Red in Indiana (where I was staying), RRSib from Big Red, Four Roses Private Selection from Toddy's (OESV 10 year 8month), 2x Elijah Craig grenades, and 2x Makers Mark Bill Samuels Jr. selection.  I should be set for a while, and a few friends will be getting some fun gifts!  I am really pumped to try some bourbon that Minnesota does not get!

IMG_9464.JPG

That's a big haul, enjoy.

7 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

IMG_9464.JPG

Impressive haul !  

8 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

IMG_9464.JPG

I think crossing state lines in KY with that much liquor is considered bootlegging. :blink:

Picked up a bottle of SAOS at lunch.  Bottled by who else but . . . Sarah.

SAOS2_zpso7rcza3m.jpeg  SAOS1_zpsflzqquyr.jpeg

That Sarah is one busy bottler. 

2 hours ago, El Vino said:

Great bourbon, and very cool reflection of the skyline in the top of the bottles. Enjoy the city!

Thanks! 

On 4/24/2017 at 4:20 PM, jvd99 said:

2 VOB BiB for $11 each - haven't seen this around my parts in a while. 

Age stated or just ==6==?

13 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

IMG_9464.JPG

Nice haul!  Looks like Willett changed the Old Bardstown label and bottle shape since last year.

21 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

IMG_9464.JPG

That's a lot of good lookin bourbon, need a "NEW" friend :D? I cannot find a few of those around here. I do have the new old bardstown, found it at k&l in SF, but it is not BiB version you have.

Found a bottle of OE7101 at a local grocery store for $14.99, I had passed on it at Binny's for $25.  Looking forward to trying it; it is presumed to be Heaven Hill bourbon correct?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.