What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yes, family sized old Fitz for me and mine family.

Plus a decades for him and looks like a hh6...

He's a great friend...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ps. Good eye on the old Fitz..

1 hour ago, Whiskey Dick said:

that's about the single best way to drop $150 in the bourbon world, right there

Actually, including tax, the total was only $132.80.   ;)

12 hours ago, Redslayer said:

Visiting my mother in a small rural community and found these 4 age stated products.  They have disappeared from my neck of the woods...happy to see that a few are still out there sitting on a shelf waiting on a home.

IMG_1226.JPG

Very nice haul on the EC12!

5 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

I got a call from my buddy saying he was at a liquor barn and Jimmy Russell was signing bottles. I told him to pick me up a rare breed
b88e6b2910e8e65a7ddd9eff35e9ba97.jpg

Just so you know Jimmy's wife was there also and she wanted me to tell you that she thought that was the prettiest bottle they made

Very nice!

Very nice!

I'm actually really impressed with the handwriting. I can't sign my name that pretty on paper with a real pen...

Just picked up a Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select.

Stopped in a small LS in south GA while working today.  Lucky I guess, said he just got 6 OWA's  this morning.  Grabbed 2, left 4 for the next guy.  Also grabbed a Stagg Jr for 49.00 .  Good day out in the wild !!!

IMG_1546.JPG

On 5/2/2017 at 4:20 PM, jackthedog said:

Probably a silly question, but this is their own stock, right? 

Basically, I'm wondering if it is a new label for the American Whiskey. I've been swamped at work recently and have sadly not been keeping up on bourbon developments. 

Yes, it's their own distillate.

5 years old.

Batch one.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I only made one purchase while in Bardstown for our get together. But it was a good one. ;) FWIW, I'm not a braggart or a hoarder. I love HH6 BIB, as do some of my family and friends. I won't be able to make it to Bardstown this fall, so I figured I'd grab a few more bottles than usual. All will be consumed by myself, or shared with the aforementioned family and friends. My niece's husband has developed an interest in bourbon, and a bottle or two are for him. Vosgar and I are part of a small, local bourbon and cigar group, and I muled home a couple of bottles for them as well. We're looking at a possible get together Wednesday night so I can share the wealth. :D

Cheers! Joe

hh.jpeg

It's all good, Joe.  Everybody knows you're not a braggart, you are the real deal.  If anything, I'm the hoarder (since I went out and collected a case and a half of EC12 when I found out the age statement was going away.  But do I regret it?  Hell no I don't !!!)  :D

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, HoustonNit said:

^nice haul of EC12, I can find these but only with the age statement on the back

True, they look great, but remember the juice inside is the same.  Enjoy.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, b1gcountry said:

I got a call from my buddy saying he was at a liquor barn and Jimmy Russell was signing bottles. I told him to pick me up a rare breed
b88e6b2910e8e65a7ddd9eff35e9ba97.jpg

Just so you know Jimmy's wife was there also and she wanted me to tell you that she thought that was the prettiest bottle they made

It's hard to argue with Mrs. Russell!!   But I might have to vote RB as #2 because my vote may go to Kentucky Spirit.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, HoustonNit said:

I mean if I was in most of your guys shoes and have gone through bottles of other stuff Barrel 11 seems like a good opportunity to try something nice and different.

Wise observation.  This one definitely fits the "something nice and different" category for me.  I've been drinking bourbon since I was old enough to legally imbibe, but this release just goes to show there is always something new out there worth the effort to investigate. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, beasled said:

I noticed this the other day, it's all a bit clickbaity for my liking. And is it shocking that Barrell won with everyone hyping them throughout the year? I think not. 

I really do appreciate your point, but have you actually tasted it?

I had the same viewpoint as yours until I tried Smooth Ambler Old Scout, and I was proven wrong.  I put this release from Barrell in the same category as SAOS.  As of today, I have 3 big exceptions to my prejudice rule against NDP's:

1)  Smooth Ambler single barrel bourbon

2)  Barrell Bourbon

3)  Michter's Barrel Strength LE Rye

All three are based on my own actual tasting.  There's some great things going on out there in the market if we just open our eyes (and our palates).

2 hours ago, Clay Cline said:

It was a good day!

IMG_3194.PNG

i would say this exceeds a good day!

59 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Yes, it's their own distillate.

5 years old.

Batch one.

Thanks. I hope I have a chance to find one. 

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

I had the same viewpoint as yours until I tried Smooth Ambler Old Scout, and I was proven wrong.  I put this release from Barrell in the same category as SAOS.  As of today, I have 3 big exceptions to my prejudice rule against NDP's:

2)  Barrell Bourbon

All three are based on my own actual tasting.  There's some great things going on out there in the market if we just open our eyes (and our palates).

My viewpoint was more about Minnick's clickbait titles than the whiskey itself. I've picked up some Barrell recently and I'm a big fan of Smooth Ambler, had and got quite a few bottlings. 

Michter's I like but the LE Rye is expensive this side of the pond. 

2)  Barrell Bourbon

Right. If you don't like ndps, but you like MGP whiskey, what option do you have? Is not like they are bottling their own. Based on my bar, MGP very well might be my favorite distiller

51 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

Right. If you don't like ndps, but you like MGP whiskey, what option do you have? Is not like they are bottling their own. Based on my bar, MGP very well might be my favorite distiller

Isn't Metze's Select their own distillate?  

3 hours ago, dcbt said:

Isn't Metze's Select their own distillate?  

I thought that was a one-time release. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.