What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Charlutz said:

One of the dads on the soccer team I coach owns a store. They don't do much high end whiskey but he was able to get the PHC10 for me at wholesale last year. Today I picked WTMK Decades for $120 cash. Looking forward to trying it. 

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

Oh man.  You will enjoy that! They are fantastic...

Store pick WR double oaked.

Chocolate covered cherries, butterscotch, caramel, vanilla, a hint of coffee cake, and a host of other things I've yet to identify.

The complexity is off the charts.

I'm thoroughly impressed!

Now if I could only get the glass back from the wife......

IMAG2065.jpg

In Alabama this week to visit a vendor, and brought back the requisite trio of Virgin 101's, along with a WT Tradition.  

8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

In Alabama this week to visit a vendor, and brought back the requisite trio of Virgin 101's, along with a WT Tradition.  

Wow admittedly envious of the Tradition, enjoy that!

22 hours ago, flahute said:

It is MGP, yes.

21 hours ago, flahute said:

Haha! Yes, you have perhaps opened my eyes to Dickel goodness. I will admit it. I'm just confirming the man's suspicion because I'm in that group and know the answer!

21 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Oh come on, you know you like that Dickel goodness! emoji6.png

Cool.  Thanks.

Yeah, I've got nothing against the dickel.  Just nice to see something different from Barrell. 

And I love me some MGP product.

Must admit to being slightly envious that you're a member.  From what I've heard, some of the picks have been legendary...

I didn't actually purchase it, but was gifted a 4R small batch for helping out one of the directors at work in a pinch the other week. 

13 hours ago, Charlutz said:

One of the dads on the soccer team I coach owns a store. They don't do much high end whiskey but he was able to get the PHC10 for me at wholesale last year. Today I picked WTMK Decades for $120 cash. Looking forward to trying it. 

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

Very Nice Find! Enjoy!

IMG_2944.thumb.JPG.db4235721d77cda1279e33bdff63bbf5.JPG

IMG_2945.thumb.JPG.997d00db077804db5d12e8f46e7e53cc.JPG

Interested on how this is? There's a liquor store that I go to that doesn't do much high end business but has a few odd bottles including this for $130, looks like it's been sitting on the shelf behind the register for about two years. I'm thinking about offering them $100 and see what they say.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Interested on how this is? There's a liquor that I go to that doesn't do much high end business but has a few odd bottles including this for $130, looks like it's been sitting on the shelf behind the register for about two years. I'm thinking about offering them $100 and see what they say.

I think that's probably the 17 year Master's Keep that you've seen for awhile.  The Decades is the new one this year (that most stores in Texas don't have yet - shocking I know).

I think that's probably the 17 year Master's Keep that you've seen for awhile.  The Decades is the new one this year (that most stores in Texas don't have yet - shocking I know).

lol I thought this Master's Keep which I'm actually more interested in.

The place also has a bottle of Diamond which I'm going to throw out $80 and see if they bite.

Just now, HoustonNit said:

lol I thought this Master's Keep which I'm actually more interested in.

Well both are Master's Keeps.  

MK #1 = 17 year old.  

MK #2 = Decades.

Well both are Master's Keeps.  
MK #1 = 17 year old.  
MK #2 = Decades.

Sorry more interested in #1

20 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Curious was this the new label? Supposedly they did a new release waiting for it to hit Texas.

Yes, new label.

I have not had the chance to taste it critically yet,  but it tasted Ok from the bottle:lol:

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

lThe place also has a bottle of Diamond which I'm going to throw out $80 and see if they bite.

It's $130 at the Va ABC with the closest store with any in stock (1) is 26 miles away.

21 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

In Alabama this week to visit a vendor, and brought back the requisite trio of Virgin 101's

Nice Joe. :D FWIW, the other bourbon I was considering for this months BOTM was Virgin 101. It's possibly on deck for next month. ;) FWIW, It might be easier for me to make it the BOTM for July if I had a bottle to try so I could post my own notes. (HINT HINT) :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Posted this in my intro thread but figured I'd post it here too. Cheers mates!

IMG_7783.JPG

Slowed way down on purchases but couldn't turn down a bottle o blantons for the bunker!

Posted this in my intro thread but figured I'd post it here too. Cheers mates!
IMG_7783.thumb.JPG.cee45118084a9ccb291d17ed2d8e7a82.JPG

That's a pretty impressive haul! Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snagged a 750 of wt101 for 18.99. Needed to have some wt in the cabinet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2 Bulleit 375ml on special for 2 for $19.99.  Been awhile since I have had it.  Is it presumed to be Beams OGD mashbill theses days?

21 minutes ago, Golzee said:

2 Bulleit 375ml on special for 2 for $19.99.  Been awhile since I have had it.  Is it presumed to be Beams OGD mashbill theses days?

No.

It's a bastard child Four Roses contract distilled, Beam, and Brown-Forman whiskey plus who knows what else. 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

No.

It's a bastard child Four Roses contract distilled, Beam, and Brown-Forman whiskey plus who knows what else. 

I'm actually more excited to try it now.  Sounds interesting, and the price was right.  Plus the 375ml bottles are strangely medicinal looking.

I'm actually more excited to try it now.  Sounds interesting, and the price was right.  Plus the 375ml bottles are strangely medicinal looking.

Thought I was the only one that thought this. Sounds like a batting someone would around here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.