What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

53 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Let us know what you think of the Bone Snapper rye. 

I've yet to see that one, and it's one that I wanted to try.    Did you get it in 'The Mitten State'?

No, had to go south for that one. I tried it at the store. It was very rich, sweet, fruity, and spicy. Everything I like a Rye to be. How's the ER from DD? I might have to get back up there for one and to see if there's any of that ETL or EHTBP left!

Just getting around to posting a photo of some things I snagged while on a trip to Kentucky over Memorial Day weekend.  Focused on stuff I can’t get back in Texas. 
Highlights:
- HH6BiB
- Handle of Old Fitz BiB
- Little 375ml of Blanton’s (I only see the 750’s at home)
- Found a fantastic WTKS store pick, I sampled it in the store and also later in the hotel; loved it so much I went back and picked up a case.   Best non-dusty Ky Spirit I've ever had by far, and demonstrates that Wild Turkey hasn't forgotten how to produce great stuff.
- Picked up a case of OESK store pick from Liquor Barn
- Misc 4RSiB store picks, various recipes
- And grabbed an EC "grenade" from the HH gift shop

IMG_1487.thumb.JPG.9d00be07cb61788678ccc91fec5320a4.JPG

Very nice haul indeed need to my hands on a good WTKS store pick.

My wife picked up a case of this for me. Not Kentucky limestone water but hey Tennessee limestone branch water.

8242f0eed1a2e589809a22f41fda5df2.jpg

90c89bdb8dcdff12b204325aa2d286b6.jpg

2 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Let us know what you think of the Bone Snapper rye. 

I've yet to see that one, and it's one that I wanted to try.    Did you get it in 'The Mitten State'?

I like it.   It has been in Indy for awhile.  It is pretty hot and spicy which I would expect for a 2 year old MGP rye.  The bottle in the picture looks to be a new style.  The old bottle was round.

Also, interesting that it is a single barrel.  The ones I have had were small batch.

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I like it.   It has been in Indy for awhile.  It is pretty hot and spicy which I would expect for a 2 year old MGP rye.  The bottle in the picture looks to be a new style.  The old bottle was round.

Also, interesting that it is a single barrel.  The ones I have had were small batch.

It is a Single barrel select, Supposedly 4yo, but I didn't notice an age statement on the bottle. I was just discussing it with the LS manager and he offered a taste. I liked it so I bought it. :)

Well, my local place I get most of my stuff from is stocked up for sure at the moment.  Here's a few things I picked up today.  Also, check out the Blanton's. Obviously not all pictured but he purchased a barrel. 45 cases!

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

2 hours ago, Seths said:

Well, my local place I get most of my stuff from is stocked up for sure at the moment.  Here's a few things I picked up today.  Also, check out the Blanton's. Obviously not all pictured but he purchased a barrel. 45 cases!

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

I might be more excited to grab a few of those Dickel 9 yrs for$34.99

2 hours ago, Seths said:

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

do they sell online??!!

Due to my new found affinity for Grandpa Weller's Four Grain blend I picked up another WSR for $17.99. It was still the old bottle. They had 1.75s in the new bottle for $35 I think. While a slightly better deal, the bottles are hard to store. Still haven't found OWA in the new bottle, or in the old bottle anymore for that matter! Store manager said in the last year he has received a total of 3 bottles of OWA. I hear the same story from almost every store, then I come on here and see stores in Texas with cases of the stuff. :(

I hear that there are supposed to be some Weller distributions soon, including W12, so that probably will include OWA. Of course the timing and allocations are different around the country. I've been seeing lots of WSR in the new bottles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

36de61aca2a7f8663b30e10e9f81106c.jpg
Had a good day checking out some stores that I had never been in and some I hadn't been to in a while.

I found 2 bottles of JBB with the 8 year age statement ($22)...I haven't seen those in years. The same store had the ECBP on the top shelf behind the counter for $60. I hadn't been in this store in years, but I think I've got to visit this store more often.

The 1792 Sweet Wheat ($39) came from one of my regular stores that I stopped into since I was going by it to visit the others. The Caol Ila (I know it's not bourbon, but it was a great price for my area) was found at a store I'd never been in before. I didn't have much time there, but will definitely go back to check out the bourbon offerings more thoroughly.

8 hours ago, JTaylor said:

It is a Single barrel select, Supposedly 4yo, but I didn't notice an age statement on the bottle. I was just discussing it with the LS manager and he offered a taste. I liked it so I bought it. :)

That's pretty cool!  I haven't seen a SB before.  I like the regular Bone Snapper so I can imagine the SB is pretty good.  I see where you got it based on the sticker on the EC bottle.  I am heading up that way next month so I might have to stop in.

Purchased late yesterday...a couple bottles of WT101, an ETL, and two bottles of ECBP batch B517.

29 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Purchased late yesterday...a couple bottles of WT101, an ETL, and two bottles of ECBP batch B517.

What did you pay for the ETL if you don't mind me asking? Only place I can find here has it for $69.99. I've never had it and I've read mixed reviews. I don't want to pay $70+ for a $30 bourbon unless it's a must have. 

What did you pay for the ETL if you don't mind me asking? Only place I can find here has it for $69.99. I've never had it and I've read mixed reviews. I don't want to pay $70+ for a $30 bourbon unless it's a must have. 

I wouldn't spend more for ETL than I'd have to spend for Blanton's or Rock Hill Farms. ETL is good, but it's not any better than those two, so no I wouldn't pay that for it... $40-$45 maybe, but ideally less than $40.

10 hours ago, Seths said:

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

Are blantons only 3 per case?  I can't imagine they got 270 bottles out of that barrel. 

5 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I hear that there are supposed to be some Weller distributions soon, including W12, so that probably will include OWA. Of course the timing and allocations are different around the country. I've been seeing lots of WSR in the new bottles.

That's likely true. There is a W12 lottery right now for Montgomery county Maryland. 

4 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Are blantons only 3 per case?  I can't imagine they got 270 bottles out of that barrel. 

That's a little high but not by much. 225 to 250 is what I would think

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

I wouldn't spend more for ETL than I'd have to spend for Blanton's or Rock Hill Farms. ETL is good, but it's not any better than those two, so no I wouldn't pay that for it... $40-$45 maybe, but ideally less than $40.

Well maybe it's the single barrel nature of the two since I've only tasted from one bottle of each (a ETL that I finished a while nf a RHF that has only been started), but my memory was that the RHF was substantially better. The ETL was a solid bourbon but I don't remember it being anything special while the RHF was really really good. 

4 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

That's a little high but not by much. 225 to 250 is what I would think

Thanks. For some reason I had 150 in my head on the number of bottles out of a barrel. I guess I should as off by a pretty wide margin. 

1 minute ago, JoeTerp said:

Thanks. For some reason I had 150 in my head on the number of bottles out of a barrel. I guess I should as off by a pretty wide margin. 

60 gallons is 302 bottles. so equate for loss and than proof it down might be 55 not sure

Edited by bourbon4all

15 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Blanton's comes six bottles to a case.

Cheers!  Joe

Just now, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Blanton's comes six bottles to a case.

Cheers!  Joe

I thought so too (hence the 270). I just guess I was pretty far off on perception of how much come out of a barrel. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.