What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Snagged a Wild Turkey 12yo on Ebay Germany. Someone tipped me about it, apparently there were 3 bottles available but the time i got there, only one left. 

Can you purchase whisky on European EBay and have it shipped to USA?

I didn't think eBay allowed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BigPapa said:

I'm pretty sure he's from Europe 

Picked up a couple bottles of 1792FP PS (aged at least 8 1/2 years) at one of my favorite beverage stores. The owner also talked me into a bottle of his 4RSiB PS 100p selection after I passed on it the last time I visited...he said it was so good, and he doesn't usually steer me the wrong way. I'm looking forward to the 4RSiB PS CS (aged over 13 yrs) that he's supposed to be getting in soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked up a couple bottles of 1792FP PS (aged at least 8 1/2 years) at one of my favorite beverage stores. The owner also talked me into a bottle of his 4RSiB PS 100p selection after I passed on it the last time I visited...he said it was so good, and he doesn't usually steer me the wrong way. I'm looking forward to the 4RSiB PS CS (aged over 13 yrs) that he's supposed to be getting in soon.

If he is getting the option to buy a 13yo FR PS then he has better connections than I do! Oldest barrel we had available was 10y 1m (and it was in my opinion the worst of the barrels we tried).

If he is getting the option to buy a 13yo FR PS then he has better connections than I do! Oldest barrel we had available was 10y 1m (and it was in my opinion the worst of the barrels we tried).

Bruce, I believe that was the age he said, but will confirm once it gets here in the next month or so. As far as connections go, this store was only one of two to receive a bottle of Pappy 25 yr in the area, so yeah he is pretty well connected.

Made my first trip to Kentucky last weekend and brought home these bottles. The EC Barrel Selects were just too unique to pass up (the bottle if not the liquid). The KC on the left is a PS for Old Town Liquors in Louisville, and the KC on the right is one I bottled myself (sort of) at the Beam Distillery. I'll write up everything in the Distillery Trips forum soon.
49631c09dd3c41ea5cff389a6b93e24c.jpg

7 hours ago, BigPapa said:

4 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

I'm pretty sure he's from Europe 

Correct, i'm from Belgium (Europe). I've bought a Jack Daniel's BP from a US seller once, no problem but i don't know if it works the other way. 

Stopped in a store on a whim this afternoon and lucked into 1792 Sweet Wheat... would play the lottery now but my luck probably ran out on finding this

2 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Made my first trip to Kentucky last weekend and brought home these bottles. The EC Barrel Selects were just too unique to pass up (the bottle if not the liquid). The KC on the left is a PS for Old Town Liquors in Louisville, and the KC on the right is one I bottled myself (sort of) at the Beam Distillery. I'll write up everything in the Distillery Trips forum soon.

I need to get back to KY, what do they charge for the EC BS 375's?

Picked up ** bottles today from a private barrel selected in nearby Tullahoma.  10.5 year, 103 proof, with our groups monogrammed commemorative badge.  Here's a Whiskey Jug review on the 10 barrel small batch that this distillery does annually:

http://thewhiskeyjug.com/tennessee-whiskey/george-dickel-single-barrel-review/

Initial tasting confirms this is pretty special.  I'll post a review when I gather the courage to crack open and explore one of *my*  bottles - I'm a horder and stingy about it, so it may be a while.  FYI, the private barrel program at this distillery is an outstanding value.  Its going to be hard going back to my RR10 tonite...:(

21 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Hard to know as those little grenades are 200ml I believe. And at gift shop prices which as far as I know is the only place they sell them. Last I heard it was about $25, maybe more.

17 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

1 minute ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Hard to know as those little grenades are 200ml I believe. And at gift shop prices which as far as I know is the only place they sell them. Last I heard it was about $25, maybe more.

Yeah, Bruce is correct that these are only 200ml. I paid $29.99 each for them...not the best value but they seemed like a cool souvenir. They limit them to 1 per person and keep them in the cabinet behind the counter, so bring a friend and make sure to ask if they have 'em!

Through some tips from folks on here was able to up some barrel selects.

1ca44019c5251b3e9fb02bb24ce0777b.jpg

Really looking forward to the RRSB and the Last BT barrel select I had is really growing on me.

7 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Sounds like you made some great purchases,  made a little good will, and are set up for some good stuff in the future.  Nice job all around! 

Today's loot. I have quite a bit of the Turkey 101 rye but none of this label. Tangle ridge is alberta distillers, it wasn't dissapointing

20170602_212435.jpg

Sounds like you made some great purchases,  made a little good will, and are set up for some good stuff in the future.  Nice job all around! 

Thanks! I think I made some good purchases, but I've been working on the good will for a while now. Hopefully it will continue to pay off.

Picked up a Stagg Jr 130 proof batch for $49.99.  I needed a backup for the one I have and worried I won't be able to find a replacement when I actually want one.  

Standing in line for the 1792 225th Anniversary. I'm 13th, which means they probably only have 12 bottles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Standing in line for the 1792 225th Anniversary. I'm 13th, which means they probably only have 12 bottles.

good luck!

I was able to score two bottles of 10 year old 1792 225th Anniversary bottles.
fbc28ba82f48162ee1790b4ffe5adbf5.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Kpiz said:

49631c09dd3c41ea5cff389a6b93e24c.jpg

Never seen anything like those ECs around here. Enjoy!

A couple of days ago I bought a Russell's Reserve 10 year.  I really like it, it tastes like a older slightly woodier WT 101, which is what I assume it is.  Anyway, good stuff.

Never seen anything like those ECs around here. Enjoy!

Those are only available at the Heaven Hill gift shop.

11 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Those are only available at the Heaven Hill gift shop.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Good luck. That's one that I would have been interested in, but I think it's KY only. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.