What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Received a trio of store picks (from Blackwell's) in the mail today. Opened the Eagle Rare - very nice.

18986702_10104353002814430_1884129486_o (1).jpg

21 hours ago, beasled said:

Picked up a Weller 12 and a Widow Jane 10 year. 

Nice, you must have enough Weller 12 for two lifetimes ;-)

I've ordered some pretty nice one, just waitng for them to be deliver : 

OF 1920 prohibition style x 2

Whistlepig 10yo CS store pick 58.55% 

Michter's BP Rye 54.2%

Pictures will be posted.

Some great samples too : 

PVW 20 yo (1oz)

ORVW 10yo (2oz)

THH 2015 (2oz)

Wild Turkey Decades (2oz)

HWMND 3.2/4.1/4.5 (2oz of each)

HW Bourye

And the list goes on....

Cheers!

Will.

3 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Received a trio of store picks (from Blackwell's) in the mail today. Opened the Eagle Rare - very nice.

Can't go wrong with those, solid! 

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Nice, you must have enough Weller 12 for two lifetimes ;-)

It's good to stock up whilst the price is still low. UK shops seem to be following secondary pricing on limited bottles and it won't be long until this follows suit.

2 hours ago, beasled said:

It's good to stock up whilst the price is still low. UK shops seem to be following secondary pricing on limited bottles and it won't be long until this follows suit.

You're totally right, grab it while you can. I gave a bottle to my borther for his birthday, he was very happy about it!

Cheers!

Will.

11 hours ago, Seths said:

What did you pay for the ETL if you don't mind me asking? Only place I can find here has it for $69.99. I've never had it and I've read mixed reviews. I don't want to pay $70+ for a $30 bourbon unless it's a must have. 

Oregon has state control of liquor sales, so prices are fixed and often right around retail.  ETL goes for $35.95.  I don't think I'd pay much more.  I'm working on a bottle from last year's release and, though I like it, it's not really better to my taste buds than EC12 and just a bit of an improvement over BT

14 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

36de61aca2a7f8663b30e10e9f81106c.jpg
Had a good day checking out some stores that I had never been in and some I hadn't been to in a while.

I found 2 bottles of JBB with the 8 year age statement ($22)...I haven't seen those in years. The same store had the ECBP on the top shelf behind the counter for $60. I hadn't been in this store in years, but I think I've got to visit this store more often.

The 1792 Sweet Wheat ($39) came from one of my regular stores that I stopped into since I was going by it to visit the others. The Caol Ila (I know it's not bourbon, but it was a great price for my area) was found at a store I'd never been in before. I didn't have much time there, but will definitely go back to check out the bourbon offerings more thoroughly.

Very nice find.

Picked up an OWA, Belle Meade 10 year single barrel and a couple Bulleit Barrel Strength to try now that they are out in Texas.  

Never seen the Belle Meade before, so I'm interested to try it.

bottles.jpg

12 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

I was considering picking up that OWA selection but I wasn't exactly excited about the price they're charging for it. They tend to do a nice job selecting barrels, though. Enjoy.

Two handles of a PS/SB ER10, as one can't ever have too much ER10 in the bunker. 

ECBP was just released by me and I managed to track a bottle down. I didn't realize it until I got home but it was the A117 batch, which I thought had been distributed fully by lottery. Guess they had a few extra bottles lying around in the warehouse. 

Picked this up today, my first CEHT purchase 

image.jpg

Edited by Stump1998

4 hours ago, jackthedog said:

ECBP was just released by me and I managed to track a bottle down. I didn't realize it until I got home but it was the A117 batch, which I thought had been distributed fully by lottery. Guess they had a few extra bottles lying around in the warehouse. 

I think they got a second wave from the distributor as I know there were people who didn't win the lotto (including myself).

I picked up a bottle today as well and was surprised when I saw it was A117 as I was fully expecting B517.

1 hour ago, Stump1998 said:

I think you'll enjoy it.  I really like the CEHT line.

24 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

I think they got a second wave from the distributor as I know there were people who didn't win the lotto (including myself).

I picked up a bottle today as well and was surprised when I saw it was A117 as I was fully expecting B517.

I ran across several bottles of A117 in Fort Wayne, Indiana at the end of May.  My guess is this was a second wave coming through Indiana as well.

29 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

That does seem like what happened. I struck out on the lottery too last time around. 

Had the chance to get a piece of this bottle, a 1/4 to be exact, do to a split with some friends. Can't wait to try it. 

Cheers!

Will.

BPvh6WJ.thumb.jpg.3276e000135963ee3d7024a817ed7927.jpg

Edited by Masset1982

22 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Had the chance to get a piece of this bottle, a 1/4 to be exact, do to a split with some friends. Can't wait to try it. 

Cheers!

Will.

BPvh6WJ.thumb.jpg.3276e000135963ee3d7024a817ed7927.jpg

Nice! Hope it's good. 

3 minutes ago, beasled said:

Nice! Hope it's good. 

It's hit or miss, we'll see. I get 175 ml for €45, so i had to get on this. 

Just now, Masset1982 said:

It's hit or miss, we'll see. I get 175 ml for €45, so i had to get on this. 

I read that the older HH cadenhead releases were aged half in KC and half in Scotland, is this the same do you know? Intrigued by the profile it would have if so!

Just now, beasled said:

I read that the older HH cadenhead releases were aged half in KC and half in Scotland, is this the same do you know? Intrigued by the profile it would have if so!

I didn't know taht. It would be very interesting indeed, but i couldn't say, not so much informations about the juice in the bottle.

13 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

image.jpg

That's a nice one, enjoy.

Sams had Blanton's at a reasonable price ($50) so I added one to the bunker.

IMG_1389.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.